Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Jan 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Mobile

If you are after condo/ self catering accommodation I can strongly recommend Bahana Bay' 20mins from Disney, and 5 mins from nearest Publix/ super target and multiple restaurants on the I4.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
PJB71
Imagineer

Mobile

We have been staying in villas for 20+ years & thankfully never had a bad one 👍🏻 You just need to do some research but there is plenty of choice out there.

My DD has a dairy allergy & food is much easier to source in 🇺🇸 Than it is here, she loves it 👍🏻 All the Disney park have a separate allergy menu with all the foods that are safe to eat & they will Have a chef come to speak to you and the food is cooked separately to avoid any contamination.

Happy planning 🎉🎉
PJB71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

If that's the Sheraton on I drive (the quiet part) we stayed there in 2012 and loved it. It's not far at all in a car to Disney and there's plenty of places to eat on I drive that's a short drive / bus away too.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 17, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I'm coeliac and have never ate so well as in florida. Everyone is clued up on what you can /can't have. Pizza chicken nuggets burgers etc all readily available with no fuss at all.
Old 8 Jan 17, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post

We have friend who is coeliac, lives in Bristol, and he always takes home a suitcase full of goodies from Publix that he can't get in the UK.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post

I would really appreciate your years of advice on booking a villa? we are going june this year and I booked dates through ownersdirect site. been in touch with owners by mobile, checked taxes asked questions and yet I still very wary since they do not use payment platform on the site, have had it up for sale and now off market, and now the property has been removed from advertising? what do you think? is there anything else I can do before I pay anymore? thank you really appreciate your expertise.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFi
Very Serious Dibber

We own an apartment at the Sheraton Vistana. It's a lovely resort with all the fascilities you could possibly need. The apartments are large with a full kitchen, two bathrooms and washing/drying facilities. We love the resort. It's an easy drive to Universal and International Drive and Disney is indeed very close. Disney Springs is only a couple of miles away at most. It's also very close to the Vineland Premium Outlets and there are restaurants and supermarkets very close by.
FloridaFi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
As people have said don't worry about Gluten Free as widely catered for and far better than most places in UK. The only places that are not so suitable we found are the non-park buffets especially if he is susceptible to problems with cross-contamination. My DH is in his element out there with G/F fish and chips, cupcakes, donots, brownies.
Publix, Walmart, Wholefoods Market all stock good range of G/F but we actually found more expensive than at home. We took cereal, "long life" bread, crispbreads, crisps and some biscuits with us last time, declared at customs and were waved through when explained DH was Celiac and saved having to rush out to hunt for and knew he liked the taste !
Another good website/facebook page is gfinorlando.com where details of lots of restaurants/reviews
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

If you are having a car and are as yet undecided, then I would certainly consider a Villa. There are literally thousands to choose from, reviews are extensive and with plenty of time in hand, you should be able to get exactly what you seek, as well as saving a great deal of money.
There is nothing quite like returning to a lovely, big air conditioned Villa and having plenty of your own space at the end of what is invariably a long, busy day.
We use holidaylettings.co.uk as the filters on it work really well. There are also numerous DIBBERS villas.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:46 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

You will be spoilt for choice with villas and if you try some of the newer developments like Storey Lake or Reunion you can have your own pool and a community pool with slides/lazy river to enjoy too. Location is important with villas as most are south of WDW and some can be quite a trek from universal if you are planning on going up there too.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List