Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 10 Jul 20, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
lis
Excited about Disney

Mobile Bloc Hotel - Kids Ages

Hello,

We really want to stay in the Bloc Hotel but as a family of 4, with one child over 12 we can't have a family room so would need to book 2 rooms.

Just wondering do they check the ages of the children? Thinking of booking the family room and "pretend" that both children are under the age of 12. Has anyone managed to get away with this before? From the videos I've seen I could leave the kids and hubby with the cases in the corridor outside reception while I go check in.

Thanks 😊
lis is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

A bit risky 😨I too was tempted with bloc hotel (Gatwick?) but we would have to have 2 rooms in the (end) and the rooms are soooo small and then quite expensive for 2 rooms.
In the end, we went for Premier Inn 2 rooms and had oodles of space and the price of 2 rooms were cheaper than 1 at bloc. If it is Gatwick, the location of the Premier inn was hard to beat. It was only across the way from the airport (departures I think?) 🤔
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

We had two under 12’s when we stayed and whilst comfortable the room was very cosy! For a similar price I’d go with premier inn next time!
lovemickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

The rooms are tiny! Whilst it’s convenient, I’d stay elsewhere, literally no room to move when you’ve got 4 people in there plus luggage!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
lis
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks for the responses. I might give it a miss then. I actually have the Premier Inn booked with free cancellation. So I might be better off sticking with that and just catching the shuttle/train from North to South terminal.
lis is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

The Bloc website says that the bunk beds are suitable up to 14 years of age.blochotels/gatwick-rooms
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
kylali
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed at Bloc for the second time last year and we love the convenience of it, we included car parking too. Both my kids are over 12, we didnt actually realise they had to be under 12, we all went to check in and nobody asked ages. We had a runway view room which was amazing and yes they are small but it's only one night. We loved it. We did do twilight check in though so only hand luggage with us.
kylali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List