Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 27 Jul 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida2009
slightly serious Dibber

Question I-Drive Hotels or beyond

Good morning everyone. I am currently try in to help a family member plan a trip to Florida and will not be driving when there.
What hotel would you recommend that are reasonable and have shuttles that take you to all the parks and Disney Springs. We normally only evert do a villa so your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hotel can be on International Drive or towards the 192 if there are any that do all the transport.
Florida2009 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
A&S&O
Apprentice Imagineer

Not much help I'm afraid, but I don't think there are many shuttles to "all" the parks - certainly not Disney. They tend to drop off at just one or two parks and you have to get additional transport to the other parks.

Are you mainly doing Disney or Universal?
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW, 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLP x3, 2015 DLR + DLP x2, 2016 WDW + DLP x2, 2017 WDWx2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2, 2019 WDWx2, 2022 WDWx2, 2023 DLP x2. 2024 DLP x2, WDW. 2025 planning WDW.
A&S&O is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida2009
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by A&S&O View Post
Not much help I'm afraid, but I don't think there are many shuttles to "all" the parks - certainly not Disney. They tend to drop off at just one or two parks and you have to get additional transport to the other parks.

Are you mainly doing Disney or Universal?
I think they want to do both.
Florida2009 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Having hired a car on all our visits, never spent a single night in a WDW hotel and never sat in a Uber I may not be too qualified to help.

If cost is a condition how about suggesting a budget WDW hotel which will include transport to all WDW parks and to DS and then get Uber to Universal?

Do they choose not to drive or are they unable to?

Mick
Old 27 Jul 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida2009
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Having hired a car on all our visits, never spent a single night in a WDW hotel and never sat in a Uber I may not be too qualified to help.

If cost is a condition how about suggesting a budget WDW hotel which will include transport to all WDW parks and to DS and then get Uber to Universal?

Do they choose not to drive or are they unable to?

Mick
Choose not to. I have tried convincing to hire a car and when they went last time they didn’t like the driving so wanted not to this time.
Old 27 Jul 20, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Florida2009 View Post
Choose not to. I have tried convincing to hire a car and when they went last time they didn’t like the driving so wanted not to this time.
Really? the driving is so laid back and easy.
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Kev Harrison
Apprentice Imagineer

Agreed. The hotel question is difficult because how do we know what his version of reasonable is?

I wouldn't stay in the north of I drive as it's pretty much like Blackpool and traffic builds up. There are some nice hotels though.

There are some lovely hotels in the more southern end of I drive.

I don't understand not driving in Florida, it's far easier - wider roads, more lanes, no roundabouts and it brings you immense freedom. Is it raining in Orlando? - lets drive to the coast etc.
Kev Harrison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
The only hotel at the budget end of the scale that I know of that offers shuttles to Disney as well as Universal is the Avanti Resort. Worth a look. Don't know of any that offer shuttles to Disney Springs.
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

We stayed at the Holiday Inn LBV a few years ago they did shuttles to Disney and Universal but honestly it made for very very long days as we went out first thing and didn’t come back until late at night .
We also spent quite a bit on taxis to SeaWorld etc it’s very do able but you lose a lot of flexibility as you are tied to timings
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

For a decent shuttle service to Disney, you want to be looking at Lake Buena Vista or the Southern end of I Drive. The I Trolley or Lynx covers Seaworld. You can get a Lynx bus to Disney Springs from outside Seaworld.

Hilton Garden Inn by Seaworld is a good option. You can walk to Seaworld and get the Busch Gardens bus from the Seaworld car park. There is a Lynx that goes to Disney Springs just by the hotel - from there you can use the Disney bus network. Universal you can get Lynx or I trolley to the top end of I Drive and walk to Universal.

We stayed at Marriot at Lake Buena Vista the first time we went to Orlando. They had a shuttle service to Disney - it only went to the Magic Kingdom parking area and Epcot. The shuttle services for most hotels are ok but you are very limited in terms of times and number of trips.

Uber is very good and useful for getting around if you don't want to drive for the more problematic trips
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List