Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Sep 18, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
RupertB
Serious Dibber

Clothes For Men In Their 50s

Ok so I am err nearly 55 but in my head I am really only early 30s. I don;t feel ready to succumb to Blue Harbour yet so where do men or do you think men in their 50s should shop for clothes from ?

I buy work suits from M&S. I buy T shirts, shirts etc from Hollister, A&F, Next & Ted Baker - jumpers from Hugo Boss/American Eagle. Even managed to get a jacket from Zara the other day but am i too old for these stores now ?
I find it so disrespectful and discriminatory when i see 'Slim Fit' - how rude
Ok I don't buy from Pull & Bear (?) but I just don't feel old. I sat next to Rod Stewart in a local cafe last week (I played it cool of course ) and have to say at 73 he was very smart and trendy without looking ridiculous and by God he looked good for his age.

Thoughts please ? Zara ok for my age ?

Edited at 06:07 PM.
RupertB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes 👍 shop where the clothes make you feel good. Age is a number, nothing more 😉
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
As a man in my late 50's I get my clothes where I want to. There are no stores off limits. It may be that many of the stores don't have anything I like so I don't enter but I will wear what I want.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Mobile

DH is not quite in his 50s but shops at Ted Baker, Zara, All Saints, Reiss etc.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My dh is 53, buys most things in next, he has addidas trainers and under amour ones he got in Florida. He has staight jeans not skinny amd slim fit trousers. He has Chukra boots from next, Timberland and Penquin t shirts all bought in Florida. He looks ok, has the odd jumper from M & S but usually like a fishermans chunky knit. I think he dresses for his age but not like a old man x
Old 16 Sep 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RupertB View Post
Ok so I am err nearly 55 but in my head I am really only early 30s. I don;t feel ready to succumb to Blue Harbour yet so where do men or do you think men in their 50s should shop for clothes from ?

I buy work suits from M&S. I buy T shirts, shirts etc from Hollister, A&F, Next & Ted Baker - jumpers from Hugo Boss/American Eagle. Even managed to get a jacket from Zara the other day but am i too old for these stores now ?
I find it so disrespectful and discriminatory when i see 'Slim Fit' - how rude
Ok I don't buy from Pull & Bear (?) but I just don't feel old. I sat next to Rod Stewart in a local cafe last week (I played it cool of course ) and have to say at 73 he was very smart and trendy without looking ridiculous and by God he looked good for his age.

Thoughts please ? Zara ok for my age ?
You should have asked Rod where he got his clothes from.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
No you're not too old! DH buys a lot of Ted Baker, Paul Smith, Tommy Hilfiger etc. He refuses to shop at M&S For everyday he likes Levis and decent polos / rugby tops. He's 63.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984

Edited at 08:01 PM.
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
No you're not too old! DH buys a lot of Ted Baker, Paul Smith, Tommy Hilfiger etc. He refuses to shop at M&S For everyday he likes Levis and decent polos / rugby tops. He's 63.
Oh yes my dh loves his Levis, he always buys a few pairs in Florida x
Old 16 Sep 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

My dh is an ageing casual!
He now wears Levi’s most of the time along with Fred Perry, Lacoste and Lyle and Scott polo shirts. He has taken recently to sweatshirts so has some paul smith and Vivian Westwood. He likes Barbour as well. He won’t wear any trainers other than Adidas and has recently had a meltdown with the new gazelle. Other than that he loves clarks wallabies and desert boots.
But most of his stuff is either bought in the sale or at the outlets ie his jeans.
I’ve just persuaded him to get some coloured chinos for our up coming trip to California. And he really suits them.
He’s 47 but I can guarantee he will be dressing like that till he’s as old as he’s going to get.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Clothes ... I go buy them and wear them - thats it..