Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Aug 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Stew_the_red
slightly serious Dibber

Why Oh Why have I waited this long before buying an automatic car...

with some trepidation in my mind I bit the bullet a couple of weeks ago and dived into the automatic car market, I had a little experience years back when driving the late father in laws Toyota and having nearly but myself through the windscreen on a number of occasions I vowed never to turn to the dark side of "lazy driving" well I am happy to admit I was wrong, I have now started to enjoy driving again!

anyone thinking of doing it, just do it!
Stew_the_red is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

My mum loves driving automatic cars. I hate it. I just don’t know what to do with my left foot! 😂
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

We have 2 cars, 1 automatic and 1 manual.

Love the automatic and when the time is right, ill be changing our manual for an automatic.
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Automatics have changed a lot in the last 10 years from gas guzzling lethargic experiences.

With many now having 7-9 gears and very fast smooth changes along with engines with lower torque ranges they are.much better.

Still wouldn't buy one that doesn't also have paddle shifters to allow for manual control as well as a semi automatic mode ( not the full manual ).

With that I like them and own one.

Enjoy the.new.car.

Edited at 09:40 PM.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Perfect
Proud to wear my Ears

We both have automatic cars and love them. Wouldn’t go back to a manual now.
Perfect is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I was the same, but have had automatics for about 18 years now. I panic a bit when I have to drive a manual, although it comes back to me where I put my feet!
With autos, you just pop in gear and point in the direction you want to go.
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We have 1 automatic and 1 manual. I like swapping between the 2 but the automatic is so easy to drive.
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Stew_the_red
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Automatics have changed a lot in the last 10 years from gas guzzling lethargic experiences.

With many now having 7-9 gears and very fast smooth changes along with engines with lower torque ranges they are.much better.

Still wouldn't buy one that doesn't also have paddle shifters to allow for manual control as well as a semi automatic mode ( not the full manual ).

With that I like them and own one.

Enjoy the.new.car.
ive a seven speed automatic gear box with manual paddles and completey agree with all of this, my experience of head butting the window was down to knowing the car needed to change up and going for the clutch and quickly catching the break pedal! I have nearly gone once or twice since last week but its more going for the gear stick.
Stew_the_red is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Stew_the_red
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by olgaandcoda View Post
I was the same, but have had automatics for about 18 years now. I panic a bit when I have to drive a manual, although it comes back to me where I put my feet!
With autos, you just pop in gear and point in the direction you want to go.
Mrs the Red is yet to get behind the wheel of this one, if I am honest I don't think its a bad thing but I genuinely believe she would love it,

we will see!
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Stew_the_red View Post
ive a seven speed automatic gear box with manual paddles and completey agree with all of this, my experience of head butting the window was down to knowing the car needed to change up and going for the clutch and quickly catching the break pedal! I have nearly gone once or twice since last week but its more going for the gear stick.
My new car comes next week and has a knob/dial instead of a gear stick, still auto, but I’ll be reaching for a gear stick for a while!
Although my main concern is how to listen to my music with no CD player!