Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

i always print dont trust airlines
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

How traumatic for you all! So glad you got it sorted out with alternative flights. You're going, so now relax and make the most of it. Hope Disney can give you that extra day. Big glass of wine!

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Chloeoeysmum
slightly serious Dibber

Chloeoeysmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Crikey! Haven’t been on here all day today and I then see this! My heart was in my mouth as I was reading, your blood pressure must have been through the roof! So happy for you now it’s all sorted and you will look back on this and laugh... eventually.
Your little girl is an absolute star, you must be so proud of her.
Have a wonderful holiday! You all certainly deserve it.
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sioux
Apprentice Imagineer

This has been the stuff of nightmares to read

So glad you've managed to get flights booked, and also to see so many Dibbers trying their very best to help in your hour of need

Thank you for sharing this very traumatic start to your holiday and helping others not to make the same mistake.

Wishing you and your family a wonderful holiday now; you so deserve it
Sioux is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

Just seen on the esta site “once you submit an application an old one will be void” I submitted it. Got to payment, checked old application which showed still in date. Didn’t pay. But then obviously what I didn’t know was the old application then got cancelled because I had submitted it.

As I say clearly it’s my fault. And we’ve learnt a valuable and expensive lesson. But at least we are altogether. Only me and Carl are upset. The kids are absolutely fine.
We will get tax back on flights so this will have cost about £1000. And a day of our holiday. It isn’t the end of the world.
And at this point we are all really glad we are together as a family.
I know from reading these forums so many have gone through the most awful times on holiday. Thank you to all
You lovely people xx
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachy
Imagineer

Mobile

And just reading this back. Gripping stuff isn’t it 🙈😂
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Sioux
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rachy View Post
And just reading this back. Gripping stuff isn’t it 🙈😂

You are one amazing lady!
Sioux is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Rachy,

You are a good example to all of us. I doubt I could have been so calm and constructive and pleased you have it all sorted for tomorrow.

Sorry this happened to you, just one of those things, you wouldn’t think a 21st century computer system would ever do that.

Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday.

Steve
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rachy View Post
I checked and we only needed an esta for the day of travel. It’s not like a passport where you need 3 months left on your passport. This was something I did check.

The OP saying I was foolish doesn’t really help the situation.
I had enough esta left and not sure if we will visit the US in the next 2 years so why reapply when there was absolutely no need to.
You don’t need 3 months on your passport. It just has to cover travel period
Old 22 Aug 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Mobile

I too think you’ve dealt with this amazingly! You’ve said how good your 6 year old daughter has been too! It sounds like she takes after her mum!

It’s a shame the ESTA website isn’t clearer! Perhaps it should have a tick box where you confirm you know if you go past a particular point it totally voids a valid ESTA.

I’d assume the words “submitted” would mean actually “paid”! Clearly not! So I too would have done in your case what you did!

So pleased you’ve got flights sorted tomorrow. Enjoy your holiday you all deserve it.

Edited at 07:10 PM.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List