Notices

Old 21 Oct 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
When your curious, you find lots of interesting things to do - Sept 2021 Rebooked UPDATE 9/8/20

Hello again everyone! It’s time for another Pre-trip report YAY! I did plan on writing trip reports for both my 2018 trips however when it came down to it i just forgot to write notes oops The trips were so different and the September trip was with my partner who was a first timer so the focus of the trip was to make sure he had the best time and got to do as much as possible. I‘Ve now changed the trip report name as I think this quote is a little more interesting and with all the extra planning and research seems fitting!

For those of you who haven't read my previous trip reports heres a little about us. I'm (Chloe) I’m 25 years of age but will be 26 on our next trip. I’m a qualified veterinary nurse and love all things Disney. I enjoy trying new things each time I go. Favourite park has to be Animal Kingdom! I love the atmosphere there. I dont think i could pick a favourite ride although Fights of passage should get a little mention. I also love disney cruises and a trip to Disney without a cruise doesn't bare to think about. A little shameless plug to my previous Trip reports here

Previous 2015 first trip after 12 years away report

Previous 2017 trip report

Onto my partner in crime. Ryan 25 but will be 26 when we go! The last trip was his first trip but he enjoyed it greatly. His favourite ride in Disney is Fight of passage which surprised me as he's a big thrill seeker. He does love the hulk though! He also found a new love for Monsters Inc University while watching it on the Disney Dream. He also likes the Pirates of the Caribbean theme tune and ride and will put up meeting characters with me.. although i think he secretly enjoys it.

Before getting into this Pre-Trip report I thought I’d give you a little run down of what happened on our last two trips.

So the May trip was with my Mother bear. A fab trip and we enjoyed it massively. We started off in Disney staying at the Caribbean Beach for a week. Even though there was construction work going off we didn't find it to be a problem and enjoyed our time staying there. It is however quite a big resort. We didn't do universal this trip as we didn't want to rush the Disney side of things. We finally made our way back to Typhoon Lagoon after around 15 years away. Did the 5 parks challenge (sort of, we went to 5 parks however I became ill so didn't do all the rides and food we had made a requirement) The second part of the trip we went on a weeks Disney cruise to the Caribbean! The ports of call included Mexico, The grand cayman and Jamaica. The cruise was fab (apart from me being ill for a fair amount of it, I'm convinced i picked up a bug from Typhoon Lagoon) This was just amazing and we loved every minute of the cruise!

The second trip in September was Ryan’s first trip! I wasn't sure how he would enjoy it but he seemed to get into it straight away and we had a fabulous time! We started off staying at Universal for the first few days and experienced Volcano Bay for the first time which was fabulous and we cant wait to get back there. Following on from there was a 3 night Disney cruise again which Ryan loved! The food was great and we ended up doing the castaway cay 5k (I’ve never ran in my life but managed to complete it in 39 mins so not too bad) We then went to Disney for the last part of the holiday staying at the Boardwalk Inn! We were upgraded to a boardwalk view <3 we had an amazing time and I cant wait to go back. We did the 5 parks challenge and it was a great day! We completed it and ended up doing a lot of headliner rides such as Slinky dog dash, Everest, Navi river, Rock and roller coaster and Test track.

Both trips were amazing and It’s a shame I didn't get chance to write a report for both of them as we had some different experiences I’d like to share. However this time I'm determined to get the notes done So onto this pre trip report I hope your still with me!

So how did this trip come about I hear you ask. Well we were debating about going back and having a budget trip (Well as budget as Disney can be). We talked it through and we weren't sure if it was going to happen or not. Fast forward to this September we were just boarding our first MSC cruise and Ryan started talking about another Disney cruise as he enjoyed the last one so much. We thought about it over the course of the holiday and finally decided we’d do it! One more big trip to Disney. We like September time as the weather is just right for us, the food and wine festival is running and it seems to be not too bad for queues. I know theres no quiet time at Disney anymore but its seems September is lower crowd levels than other times of the year.

So thats the Who and the When so how about the Where. The trip isn't fully planned yet and we keep swapping and changing what we are doing. What we do know is friends of our hire a villa twice a year and one of those months happens to be in September so we asked if they minded if we shared to lower costs and they were happy. So it will be our first time staying in a villa. I will miss being able to book fast passes at 60 days, having extra magic hours and the other privilege however it will be nice to have our own pool and space, to come and go as we please and try some off site places to eat. The trip will be 14 days long. We want to try different things on this trip whether its new attractions different food or different experiences so if you have any ideas of things you like to do please feel free to share them with me.

Im going to leave the planning there for now and will upload the next instalment soon enough! exciting plans to come! Sorry for the lack of pictures this time but there is more to come!

Edited at 03:51 PM.
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Sounds great so far. You'll love the space and freedom that a villa has

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Sounds great so far. You'll love the space and freedom that a villa has
Thank you for reading 😁 I’m hoping we really enjoy it! It will be different for us but hearing about other people’s trips and how relaxed it is and how much freedom you have We are really looking forward to it!
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 19, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Sounds like a great trip. I really feel the need to try a Disney Cruise at some point. We used to love RCL cruises prior to having our youngest two kids but will definitely try DCL once the kids are a bit older.

We really enjoyed our on site stay at Disney last year but with all things weighed up, for us, you can't beat a nice villa. You will have a great time. Looking forward to following along for more updates and your trip report!
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
Sounds like a great trip. I really feel the need to try a Disney Cruise at some point. We used to love RCL cruises prior to having our youngest two kids but will definitely try DCL once the kids are a bit older.

We really enjoyed our on site stay at Disney last year but with all things weighed up, for us, you can't beat a nice villa. You will have a great time. Looking forward to following along for more updates and your trip report!
Oh if you get the chance you should get yourself onto a Disney Cruise they are just the most amazing thing!

We are really looking forward to the villa! thank you for reading
Old 28 Oct 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
The Disney Dream

Lets move on to the planning! As mentioned previously we will be staying offsite in a villa. We are looking forward to this as its going to be a whole new experience for us. The villa we will be staying at is under 4 miles away from Disney which suits us well. We will have to look into car hire and pay those crazy parking fees but it will give us a lot of freedom and the chance to try some of site places to eat.

The villa has 5 bedrooms and 3 of those have ensuite bathrooms. There is a private pool, hot tub and games room so is plenty to keep us occupied while we aren't at the parks. We will be staying here for 14 nights.

Well so we thought. We started to discuss the option of going on a Disney cruise again. While on holiday we started to look at prices (Does anyone else look at Disney while on a none Disney holiday?... just me?) We were looking at maybe doing the 4 night cruise this time giving us an extra night to really enjoy the ship. This holiday we wanted to make sure we didn't just repeat the same things as last year just because we enjoyed them we wanted to build a different holiday. We started to price up between the 3 night and 4 night Bahamian cruises with a balcony as we both enjoy being able to go out morning and evening and look at where we are. We were trying to decided when Ryan hit me with something completely different. The words that came out of his mouth next shocked me “We should go Concierge” I actually thought he was joking. Turns out he wasn’t. I check and rechecked the prices and what extra’s were included before we decided we were doing it!

We came back off holiday and used the Dis boards to do research on the rooms. They have a great section on their website that has reviews of most, if not all of the cabins on the cruise ships. We checked all the rooms that were available and read their reviews and decided on deck 12 Concierge Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah. EEEEKKKK.

We have done a lot of research into whats included with Concierge. We know some people will think its wasted money however we were really keen to try and not sure this will be a possibility in the future so we thought grab the chance while we can.

A list of the perks we can find are as follows:

-Before embarking we can book activities sooner than other guests
We can embark the ship any time we want so we are hoping to get there as soon as embarkation opens and be some of the first on the ship. Normally we use the disney transportation which gets you there around 1/1:30pm so we are hoping we can now make the most of this day.
-Once on board your taken by one of the Concierge hosts, who takes you to Concierge Lounge to give you drinks (champagne!), food, and a folder containing a personalised itinerary listing our activities for the duration of the cruise.
-Fridge in the room stock with water and drinks
-You can also order any food from the restaurants that evening to your stateroom through room service.
-Extra Wifi
-Provided with robes and slippers in our room
-Upgraded bath products
-Access to the private concierge lounge (free cocktails) and sun deck
-Pillow Talk Program: Guests of our Concierge Suites may choose from pillow options including hypoallergenic, feather and therapeutic memory foam.

It may not seem like much but we are very excited and cant wait to experience all these new parts of the disney dream.

We want to spend this cruise really making the most of the the ship. We have looked into the excursions but at this point unsure. The cruise is booked in the middle of our holiday. So we will be staying at the villa for 6 nights off on the cruise for 3 nights then back to the villa for another 5 nights. We thought it would be a nice break in between all the park time.

The holiday is starting to take a little shape now. We were thinking about staying at a universal hotel again but again we are unsure so for now its Villa, Cruise Villa.

Well I'm going to leave the planning there for now. If anyone has any experience on Disney cruises or Concierge then please feel free to share them will me
Old 28 Oct 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
What an awesome trip you've got planned! I hope it doesn't take forever for your countdown to dwindle away.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
sammi71
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 22
Sounds amazing I'd love to do a Disney cruise
sammi71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
What an awesome trip you've got planned! I hope it doesn't take forever for your countdown to dwindle away.
I hope so too! I want this countdown as soon as possible!

Originally Posted by sammi71 View Post
Sounds amazing I'd love to do a Disney cruise
You should! Disney cruises are amazing! The ships are so beautiful too 😍
Old 29 Oct 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elsa42 View Post
I hope so too! I want this countdown as soon as possible!

You should! Disney cruises are amazing! The ships are so beautiful too 😍
Can I be nosy and asked how much cruise is for 3 nights and where you booked it?
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List