Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 15 Dec 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Trying to eat Orlando in 7/10 days - Live - Day 5

This morning we had Starbucks for breakfast from the lobby of ten hotel which we brought back to our rooms. I went for my usual sausage, cheese and egg sandwich and Dan went for a bacon, egg, cheese sandwich.

Was the usual yummy fair which we cannot get in the UK

Coming soon ... Voodoo, doughnuts and Cheesecake Factory for this day
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 04:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Target cakes

We fancied something sweet so had a bit of the cakes we picked up from target the other day.

I had a white sponge cake with birthday sprinkles

Dan had chocolate cake

These were nice but huge and similar to the cakes you get in Costco and were around $2.50 each
Mariaherself is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 19, 04:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Voodoo doughnuts

I’d been hankering for voodoo doughnuts since we’d arrived and it was time.

I ordered a voodoo doll doughnut which is a jam filled, chocolate frosted doughnut in a voodoo doll shape with a pretzel stake in its heart.

I also ordered one of the new items which are shells - they come in 3 flavours and I ordered a Boston cream shell. They look like cannoli or a cream horn and I was looking forward to trying ...

However upon opening the bag I’d been given a voodoo doll 😀 and a Boston cream doughnut instead of the shell 😢

I haven’t eaten it yet but will let you know how it is later on

The doughnuts are relatively cheap here and only around a few dollars each
Old 16 Dec 19, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariaherself
VIP Dibber

Cheesecake Factory

Tonight’s dinner was planned for the Cheesecake Factory at the Mall at Millenia following a haul at bath and body works.

We tuned up and were given a wait time of 30 minutes and a bleeper, the place was packed being a Saturday evening.

About 20 mins later our bleeper was buzzing and flashing away and we were seated in the outside area, it was a little cool tonight but the heaters were on so we didn’t feel the cold.

We knew that this place does huge portions so being smart ≈≈≈≈≈ we decided to get 3 appetisers and a side of fries thinking these would be smaller - oh how wrong could we be.

The menu here is huge and has 250 menu items so we were concerned that the dishes may not be that great but again we were wrong.

First up was a strawberry lemonade for me and Dan had a Diet Coke

The bread cane out and the brown bread was delicious and sweet- kinda like a honey wheat bread but I could be wrong

We then ordered chicken sliders, beef sliders, fried Mac n cheese balls and a side of fries

We had 8 sliders total, the mac n cheese was the size of tennis balls and the fries were a huge bowl, ashamed to say we got through about half of it all, that said it was all really good and the aioli that came with the chicken sliders was delicious.

We ordered a cheesecake to go which is the peppermint seasonal one, if has a chocolate base, and peppermint bark throughout, with a peppermint mousse on top, it tasted like after eights, I liked it but Dan did not at all.

Total bill was around $58 not inc tip
Old 17 Dec 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MrMariaHerself
Gone all Goofy

Cheesecake Factory has been on our list a few times now. We were advised by the server that the portions are HUGE so we should plan accordingly. They are not wrong!

We barely managed to eat 3 x appetisers. But they were great. Both the beef and chicken sliders were delicious. The mac & cheese balls were also really good. The marinara sauce they came on was a good neutral tomato sauce.

Cheesecake Factory is a great place to go if you are hungry or want to taking some of it home with you for leftovers.

A 7/10.
MrMariaHerself is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 19, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post

We went for two “small plates” and two appetisers when we went to Cheesecake Factory. It was about the right amount for definitely couldn’t have eaten any more and cheesecake was taken to go.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List