Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Jun 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
MinneMouse93
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile Wdw Food on a budget :)

Due to all the circumstances we have to take a lower budget on our meals in WDW next year 🙈
We will have 2 or 3 Table Service meals as I love them. But the rest will be at counter services

We will stay at AKL ( with DVC renting it is in our budget)

So tell me your ultimate tipps for "cheap" meals in WDW and how much we should calculate per day
Also we want to have at least 1 snack per person per day😁

We are 2 adults - 1 is a very good eater 😅😅

Thank you
MinneMouse93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
I am no expert, but Wolfgang Puck Express constantly gets good reviews as somewhere to get an inexpensive and hearty meal. It's officially counter service but they bring your food (like Nando's).
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I am sure there is a similar thread on here, in fact I am sure I posted on it (sorry my memory is shocking)
Maybe the threads can be linked. I will personally be looking at options that do not cost an arm & a leg whilst staying onsite without the DDP 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

For this year, which has been cancelled we was going to do some OOP disney dining when we moved to our villa;

Boathouse - We have never been but it looks beautiful. The burgers (which my lot would be ordering anyway) are very reasonable and certainly not work the 2 credits it would be on the DDP
So we will definitely be going there.

We have a laundry card so will be going to Rainforest cafe at AK
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Inky
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Blaze at Disney Springs, think polite pig gets good reviews as well.
Inky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

Blaze is incredible, also D-Luxe burger and the Chicken Guy are pretty reasonable prices.

A lot of QS kids meals are quite big as well, ask for both sides of fries and you get a full size portion. Also, look for the QS locations with drinks fountains to fill yourself to get the most out of the tiny kids cup haha. Some quick service places will give you iced water in a big cup if you ask nicely. Peco's Bill has the toppings bar as well so if you get a side of plain tortilla chips, you can make some pretty decent nachos although they rudely started charging for guacamole. When you do any of the international programs, you learn how to eat for as little as possible haha!
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I spend roughly $1000 a week for family of 4. That's all spending. It may be less.

First thing you do is look at Instacart. Why pay rip off prices for drinks in parks and snacks when you probably take a backpack in anyway? Madness. Just put drinks and snacks in the backpack from an Instacart delivery.

And your room has a fridge. Order milk and cereal. Take some plastic bowls in your luggage and have breakfast in your room- costs pennies and healthier.

We often head back for lunch (we are rope droppers) and have a sandwich in the room, or I have a couple of little sandwich cool bags and we put sandwiches in there. I buy Italian sub roles and that Oscer Mayer Ham or Turkey, butter and cheese from Instacart or the supermarket. Takes 2 minutes to make up in the room (a lot quicker than queuing for quick serve) and sit down in shade and eat it in the park. Sometimes we get quick serve. I do this in Universal as well. I do it as much for something healthy to eat as much as my wallet. It is really zero hassle and quite pleasant to not be queuing at lunchtime to be honest. We probably do 50/50 quick serve via a sandwich for lunch a week.

I buy three refillable mugs as they are good value and been visitors 2 or 3 times a year, we spend a lot of time in resort.

I usually book 4 table service for dinner a week, but we often end up cancelling some off to go to quick serve instead as people cannot be bothered rushing for ADRs or if we have a car that trip I will go places like Bahama Breeze or Longhorn. Having tried it last year I do like Wave but for 4 (2 kids) that is $200 with drinks. Enough for me to pay. No way will I be paying for Be Our Guest lunches at $300 a family.

I buy beer for the room (will be going over to Speedway for that from Boardwalk at Christmas) and have the odd drink at bars and usually one with meals, but at $8 a beer plus tax and tip, I am not drinking like crazy in restaurants and bars.

We have been there and done that with many table service restaurants and go so often we like a more relaxed pace. I'd often rather wonder into Epcot and sit in the Japanese quick serve garden than be racing over to Contemporary for a meal for example.

I would second the priase for many quick serve restaurants. My wife's favourite meal in WDW is believe it or not the salmon at Columbia Harbour House. Some mentioned above in DS are excellent. Polite Pig is very good, Blaze etc.

Also use Landry's card once a trip (birthday of course) and we like Yak and Yeti- never had a bad meal there. Not badly priced.

Edited at 02:50 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

If you start missing table service meals, AKL is a very short UBER ride to the numerous restaurants in the area around Rolling Oaks. I would particularly reccomend the new ones at Sunset Walk in front of Margaritaville. You can also combine a trip with a visit to Target to stock up on snacks etc.
Old 23 Jun 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
5 mins drive down sherbeth road to a whole world of reasonable and cheap eateries.
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Alice Disney
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I am sure there is a similar thread on here, in fact I am sure I posted on it (sorry my memory is shocking)
Maybe the threads can be linked. I will personally be looking at options that do not cost an arm & a leg whilst staying onsite without the DDP 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

For this year, which has been cancelled we was going to do some OOP disney dining when we moved to our villa;

Boathouse - We have never been but it looks beautiful. The burgers (which my lot would be ordering anyway) are very reasonable and certainly not work the 2 credits it would be on the DDP
So we will definitely be going there.

We have a laundry card so will be going to Rainforest cafe at AK
You're right, there is already a similar thread that I started last week. I have no idea how to link them though so if anybody could help that would be great.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...4#post14544874
Alice Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Mobile

We only tend to do qs in the parks. There is so much choice! Some really good options too especially at Epcot