Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Jun 20, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
You can use Heathrow Connect for a fraction of the price of Heathrow Express and it is basically the same journey - the only difference is that it stops at a couple of stations.
Maybe it is because I lived in London 27 years but I found the tube from Heathrow the easiest option. Heathrow is the end of the line, so there will always be a virtually empty carriage with plenty of space. If not, there will be another train along in 2 minutes. Then you just sit there for 40 min or so and get off the other end. No changing, no lugging cases around. Kings Cross even has lifts to ground level which Paddington doesn’t.
Not heard of Heathrow Connect👍
Back from Heathrow maybe empty, but the journey to Heathrow was certainly not, it was chock a block and became more and more busy and the journey went on. As I say, I will not repeat that journey. Gladly pay the Heathrow Express or the Connect (thanks for the heads up)
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Floridarules View Post
Not heard of Heathrow Connect👍
Back from Heathrow maybe empty, but the journey to Heathrow was certainly not, it was chock a block and became more and more busy and the journey went on. As I say, I will not repeat that journey. Gladly pay the Heathrow Express or the Connect (thanks for the heads up)
Heathrow Connect name was changed in May 2018 (but I still refer to it as that - old habit) when it was taken into the TfL Rail franchise. It runs on the same course as the LHR Express but stops at some other stations en route - it is cheaper by far. At least it gives another choice.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
Im really pleased with all of this info thanks to OP who started it!
If I arrive about 5.30 pm to kings cross and get the 6.30 ish train from at pancras to Gatwick will it be quiet will the rush hour be over. I’m not used to big cities! Thanks
MrsB, meant to say, if you buy Dhm to KGX and St Pancras to LGW separately, St Pan to LGW is 'anytime', no need to set a train time - fare is £12.40, less with a railcard