Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 21 Jul 20, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Max contract size

Sorry for all the questions but as it's quite a large sum of money for us I want to make sure I get it right.

We want between 200 and 260 points. I've just been following the prices, etc for contracts that size but something I read made me think I might be better buying two smaller contracts? If we needed to sell in the future - I have no intentions but life happens! - smaller contracts seem to sell more easily and we might only need to sell one.

On the other hand larger contracts have a better price per point and I can see us adding on further down the road anyway.

There's so much to consider!

Thanks
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have a large contract of points and were advised to break it down into 50 and 100 points

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Like Ali above we have a large number of Points. Our initial purchase was for a 300 Point contract and thereafter we have added on various sizes ranging from 50 through to 115.

Smaller contracts do sell more easily it must be said.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I have 5 contracts, the largest being for 200 points. Buying all of them direct meant we could dictate the size chunks the points were split into. When I added on at CCV 2 years ago, I asked for the points to be split into 3 smaller contracts as 2 of them are ultimately for my kids to either take over later in life, or to sell if they want to use the capital.

The smaller will sell for slightly more and possibly easier, but you have to consider the buying process also and whether it's more important to you to save the money up front or to sell them quickly for the most you can get in the future.

I've owned since 2002 have never considered selling until recently due to BCV reaching the point where I think it will start to devalue, whatever we do with those points, we've had had 18 years worth of amazing holidays out of those points so will be happy with whatever we get for them should we decide to sell.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by shelle View Post
Sorry for all the questions but as it's quite a large sum of money for us I want to make sure I get it right.

We want between 200 and 260 points. I've just been following the prices, etc for contracts that size but something I read made me think I might be better buying two smaller contracts? If we needed to sell in the future - I have no intentions but life happens! - smaller contracts seem to sell more easily and we might only need to sell one.

On the other hand larger contracts have a better price per point and I can see us adding on further down the road anyway.

There's so much to consider!

Thanks
If you are buying direct from Disney then it would be easy to get two 100 point deeds or 130 point deeds with the same use year. If you are buying resale then trying to buy two 100 point deeds or two 130 point deeds with the same use year at the same resort will become more difficult. That will be your only issue.

On the resale side the 100 point deeds or the 130 point deeds will most likely cost you more per point (as you said) then if you bought a 200 point or 260 point deed. You will also save on the closing cost side buying a 200 or 260 point deed. From my experience selling a 200 or 260 or even 300 point deed is not as extreme as the 500 to 1000 point deeds. Buyers do buy deeds up to 350 points but you wouldn’t have the option of keeping only 100 or 130 points if you bought the two deeds.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 22 Jul 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for all your input. If I can find a fully loaded 100-160 resale that would give us time to then look for a second contract with matching use year. Certainly something to think about.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List