Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 17 May 20, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
Chargeback is looking like an option for us and actually chatting to my Mum last night you can do this with debit cards - not all banks do it but apparently Martin Lewis was talking about it on a COVID special show the other week.

I do really appreciate all your advice, I have gone back to them already with one email so waiting for their response and if it's not helpful I'll be threatening some of the above I don't like getting nasty with companies, especially in times like this but I'm sure if they were in my position they'd feel exactly the same as I do about my holiday
I'm sorry to sound negative but a charge back will almost certainly fail - you have booked a non refundable room for a date in the future when the resort may well be open. David has not (yet) failed to deliver so your bank will ask you to wait until he has before proceeding further.

If your flight/holiday has been cancelled then you should be claiming off your insurance.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Ignoring the general points about David’s as the reservation is September I think there is a chance that the accommodation is open. As such I am not surprised about the response as at the moment the non refundable point is appropriate.

Actually I am stunned that the agent has cancelled your trip at this stage. My flights are all still in place for late August. I don’t see me being able to travel but I can’t see me having absolute clarity for a while.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

There is virtually no availability at the Boardwalk ( or anywhere ) in September or October - so if the owner tried to sell the reservation, Im sure they would have their hand snapped off and could refund you what they got re renting it ( just in case they cant move to Feb due to use year limits ) Im sure a motivated owner would help in these circumstances, I certainly would try
Old 17 May 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
When I've looked back over my contract, it is with the renter so I have the name of the person who owns the points but that is all. I think I am going to insist that they put me in contact with her or ask her to get in contact with me.

Chargeback is looking like an option for us and actually chatting to my Mum last night you can do this with debit cards - not all banks do it but apparently Martin Lewis was talking about it on a COVID special show the other week.

I do really appreciate all your advice, I have gone back to them already with one email so waiting for their response and if it's not helpful I'll be threatening some of the above I don't like getting nasty with companies, especially in times like this but I'm sure if they were in my position they'd feel exactly the same as I do about my holiday
It’s normally quite easy to find Americans online if you google the name and address you might get a phone number or email if all else fails.
Old 17 May 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

There seems to be a lot of availability for your dates depending on room type, if renter was able to move. They can only ask.
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have 3nights at the Beach Club Villas in Sept. booked via rental points through Davids. We don’t expect to be able to go due to travel restrictions and also age and would not feel happy to risk it this year. I think we will just end up losing a considerable sum as the points are described as non refundable. We had a number of trips to various places booked as this is a big celebration year for us. They are all cancelled or likely to be and we have lost over £2,000 in deposits, flights etc. The travel industry as a whole is having a really difficult time but they are not endearing themselves to customers for the future
Lola is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
We have 3nights at the Beach Club Villas in Sept. booked via rental points through Davids. We don’t expect to be able to go due to travel restrictions and also age and would not feel happy to risk it this year. I think we will just end up losing a considerable sum as the points are described as non refundable. We had a number of trips to various places booked as this is a big celebration year for us. They are all cancelled or likely to be and we have lost over £2,000 in deposits, flights etc. The travel industry as a whole is having a really difficult time but they are not endearing themselves to customers for the future
We have 7 nights at Boardwalk and 7 at Bay Lake in August.

I think by then the resorts will be open so we won’t get a credit from David’s and will have to claim through our insurance.

They’ve confirmed that we are covered.

We also have a cruise paid in full so that may also be a claim if it’s goes ahead and we can’t get there.

I have to say that we have had excellent service so far from the companies we’ve dealt with for the 2 trips we’ve already had cancelled, including David’s.

We’ve been issued a credit voucher for the full amount for a 7 night booking for next week at a Old Key West. We could have claimed on insurance but were happy to take a voucher to use next year. Everything else we’ve had back as cash refunds very quickly.
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
If the resort is still closed David cannot fufil his side of the contract so you can request a charge back or accept one of his (I think dodgy) travel vouchers. If the travel ban is still in place you may be covered by your travel insurance?
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

When did you pay, i think you only have 6 months from date of the transaction hitting your account to do a chargeback? May be worth contacting your bank.
Old 18 May 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We have 7 nights at Boardwalk and 7 at Bay Lake in August.

I think by then the resorts will be open so we won’t get a credit from David’s and will have to claim through our insurance.

They’ve confirmed that we are covered.

We also have a cruise paid in full so that may also be a claim if it’s goes ahead and we can’t get there.

I have to say that we have had excellent service so far from the companies we’ve dealt with for the 2 trips we’ve already had cancelled, including David’s.

We’ve been issued a credit voucher for the full amount for a 7 night booking for next week at a Old Key West. We could have claimed on insurance but were happy to take a voucher to use next year. Everything else we’ve had back as cash refunds very quickly.
Who is the credit voucher from, David's?

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List