Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 20 Jun 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

This is what I get when I try to purchase 😢
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Gelatoni - I think/hope that would be the case as you have a valid ticket presumably till September 2021. When we upgraded our UK passes to APs last year they were able to take all FPs across no problem at all. I guess it is linked to MDEs so as long as you have a valid pass to book the park reservations and then a valid pass to enter the parks that should be ok? You haven't used your ticket at all yet so presumably can book up to 14 days on Monday/Wednesday (who knows? ) as long as they relate to your resort stays?
Would love others opinions on this?
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Gelatoni - I think/hope that would be the case as you have a valid ticket presumably till September 2021. When we upgraded our UK passes to APs last year they were able to take all FPs across no problem at all. I guess it is linked to MDEs so as long as you have a valid pass to book the park reservations and then a valid pass to enter the parks that should be ok? You haven't used your ticket at all yet so presumably can book up to 14 days on Monday/Wednesday (who knows? ) as long as they relate to your resort stays?
Would love others opinions on this?
I hope so. My initial thought was the system would flag up it was a 14 day consecutive ticket and say 'hey, you can't book 7 days in Oct 20 AND 7 days in April 21'. But from what the CM said, it sounds like the system isn't that advanced.

So frustrated that i've missed the window to get an AP now.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks like I might be OK:

Old 21 Jun 20, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
That's great news Gelatoni! I spoke to the internet support team for a while today! Very helpful. We have platinum plus passes that we haven't activated yet so I wanted to check our stays for the next year will be covered. Unfortunately one resort stay still hasn't linked (aaargh!) so I will be spreading our days across 2 visits... Am really hoping the system can cope with different stays They said the system will open at 7am at the earliest but could be any time after that as they still haven't been given a go live! Really good luck with your bookings!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
That's great news Gelatoni! I spoke to the internet support team for a while today! Very helpful. We have platinum plus passes that we haven't activated yet so I wanted to check our stays for the next year will be covered. Unfortunately one resort stay still hasn't linked (aaargh!) so I will be spreading our days across 2 visits... Am really hoping the system can cope with different stays They said the system will open at 7am at the earliest but could be any time after that as they still haven't been given a go live! Really good luck with your bookings!
Did they confirm that you'll be good to go before the pass is activated? Can't imagine that being a problem.

I want to buy a Platinum Pass asap when they are back on sale, although the guy couldn't answer whether or not I could get a refund on the 14 day ticket after the 27th June.

Best of luck with the selections. Doesn't this feel like it will be the most deserved holiday ever with all these challenges to overcome first! 😂
Old 22 Jun 20, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

OMG just read through this and hoping my 21 day ults can be upgraded to dvc annual gold in july next year when we go.

Was thinking of buying a dvc Gold AP last week and customer services told me I could and I still have the email.
How things have changed just in a few days!

Lord knows whats next!

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 20, 12:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Well, good news - with the 14 day ultimate i was able to reserve both Oct 20 and April 21.

Still intend to upgrade to the AP too to cover April's admission, or alternatively buy one and cancel the 14 day Ult afterwards.

I'm just worried how this will interact with the park reservations though. Will I lose them all if I get an AP and cancel the 14 Ult. Will I lose April's if I upgrade in the park after using the ticket to enter.

Such a drama getting these reservations i don't want to lose them!
Old 23 Jun 20, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lam View Post
OMG just read through this and hoping my 21 day ults can be upgraded to dvc annual gold in july next year when we go.

Was thinking of buying a dvc Gold AP last week and customer services told me I could and I still have the email.
How things have changed just in a few days!

Lord knows whats next!
Did they say you could upgrade from the 21 day Ult over the phone? I'd really rather get the ticket sorted before going, so long as the park reservations don't disappear.
Old 23 Jun 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Did they say you could upgrade from the 21 day Ult over the phone? I'd really rather get the ticket sorted before going, so long as the park reservations don't disappear.
No she said I could purchase now by contacting member services by phone or online through DisneyVacationClub.com > Offers & Benefits > Tickets & Tours

but then goes on to say if I am upgrading, I can only do that at guest services in 1 of the parks and to bring vars documents etc with me to do so.

The email is dated 18th June.

I don't quite understand the system yet. My plan was to use my 21 day tix for all my july 21 park reservations as we are staying onsite (resort hotel & dvc points mix) and then upgrade tix to gold dvc AP so that I can use the gold AP to book park reservations for my trip in june/july 22 BUT I'm worried that I may have used up all my AP 'days' during the July 2021 trip and may have none left!

Can someone explain simply please how the AP works if we upgrade from a 21 day ticket?

Thanks

SO confused.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List