Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Jun 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

I think Disney Springs is better policed with regard to the wearing of masks then either Seaworld or Busch Gardens.

I would hope that the parks will be the same.
Old 26 Jun 20, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
im surprised people are still booking with these current restrictions...
Each to their own I guess... I find it laughable though that di$ney haven’t reduced prices to compensate for such a reduced experience.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
I called into the Disney store yesterday & you had to wear a mask even in there. They ask if you had your own, if not they gave you one and asked if you were returning to bring one. The said they were following the same rules as the parks.
Dd works in the Disney store and they have to wear a mask all shift even in the stock room or office. They have not been given an end date to wearing one. Customers have to wear one if they want to come in to the store, including children 3 and above! Same rules as the parks.

Their aircon is broken in store and as it's an Intu shopping centre it hasn't been fixed! It's been horrible for them this week in the heat wave, and I simple can't comprehend wearing one in Florida and really feel for cast members working in them in that heat!
Old 26 Jun 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Each to their own I guess... I find it laughable though that di$ney haven’t reduced prices to compensate for such a reduced experience.
That will never happen, they're too greedy 😁
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
That will never happen, they're too greedy 😁
And as long as people pay it, I guess they’ll keep charging what they want.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

Wearing a mask is better than not wearing one tbh.. just look at how many Floridians and USA residents have actually caught the virus. I’d rather be safe and not catch it from anyone else’s droplets and I wouldn’t want to pass it on to anyone either. There is plenty of evidence to support the wearing of masks as benefitting the whole community and it does not interfere with your breathing at all that’s a scientific fact. There are plenty of videos of people wearing masks and taking pulse meter readings of blood oxygen saturation levels and not one of them has beef affected adversely by wearing a mask. Doesn’t matter if it’s disposable of a reusable one either. Protect your family and yourself and wear them making sure they cover your nose and mouth completely.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post

And as long as people pay it, I guess they’ll keep charging what they want.
100% without a doubt. This strategy has proven successful, to say the least.
Walking around Disney world with a mask on all day doesn’t bear imagining to me but cheers to everyone who can do it.

Edited at 02:34 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

I have already worn a mask at SeaWorld and Universal plus in every shop and doctor's office I go to. It was fine. I also have moderate asthma and the mask is probably beneficial in keeping pollen out of my nose!

The vast majority of people are complying IF they are in a county or business that requires a mask. The reduced use of masks is very noticeable in neighboring counties that don't require it.
Old 26 Jun 20, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Because doing that might attract more people. Or, to put it another way, doing that may not put off enough people currently thinking of going.

Disney are trying their best to make it as easy and simple for people to cancel their holiday, waiving any fees. They know they can't accommodate anything like the normal numbers of people at the parks and hotels so they need to reduce numbers. They don't want to attract any more with reduced prices.

And, as you say, there are enough people who are happy to pay the current amount and still go to the parks with all the restrictions. It's not like they need to reduce prices.

If anything, I'm surprised Disney hasn't increased prices. They still need to pay staff, pay bills, and have had 3 months of losses. They'll need some way of making a profit and reduced capacity won't help.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 03:33 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Keep in mind, Florida is rapidly becoming the epicenter of COVID here in the states. So the regulations in place today will most likely be even more stringent in the coming weeks. This is just the start for Florida. Suggestions to wear masks will quickly become requirements.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List