Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Jun 20, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
TC Devon
Imagineer

Mobile Top tips for getting onto mde and getting reservations

Morning,
So last week we could book our 7 days on site park reservations. It was a very very long and stressful process that actually reduced me to tears of frustration.
Today it’s time to book our first 7 days off site. Once our TA sends us our 7 day ticket we will then book our final 7 days at a later date (hope their is availability)

So those that had successes booking and getting past the castle or hold screen how did you do it? What device did you use?

Good luck everyone.
TC Devon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 20, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve just booked all of mine. It’s open already and I got in really quickly
Old 29 Jun 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinker's Mum
slightly serious Dibber

All the problems from last week seem to have been fixed and I booked all days of our 14 day trip within 10 minutes yesterday

Very straightforward and easy

Just hoping we don't need them now!
First visit to DLP! Campanile Val De France July 2020
Back to Mickey's Lake Villa! Was 2020, then 2021 & now 2022!
Tinker's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

There was nothing to fix apart from the odd AP glitch. Any issues were related to the system being overloaded with masses of people trying, trying and trying again.

Now the panic is over it's no different than trying to book any tickets, it'll be fine.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I just booked our offsite park reservations for next Easter time, with no problem.
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

I had a problem with one of my tickets not being recognized.. I turned the computer off and went back on via chrome, worked a treat. Plenty of availability for August/September 21.
Very straight forward, I was expecting a nightmare( it did start off as one)
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 20, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by TC Devon View Post
Morning,
So last week we could book our 7 days on site park reservations. It was a very very long and stressful process that actually reduced me to tears of frustration.
Today it’s time to book our first 7 days off site. Once our TA sends us our 7 day ticket we will then book our final 7 days at a later date (hope their is availability)

So those that had successes booking and getting past the castle or hold screen how did you do it? What device did you use?

Good luck everyone.
Booking park reservations was only a problem for the first 6 or 7 hours or so on the first day (22nd). By the evening of the 22nd and all day on the 23rd, it was actually fairly easy to get onto MDE and book reservations. And, unless you were thinking of visiting in the first week of opening, it looks like there was no need for onsite guests to rush to book their reservations just after 12pm on that first day.

As someone else said last week, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone - onsite, offsite, annual passholders, vloggers, bloggers, internet pundits - were all trying to get on to the system that afternoon leading to issues? Or maybe there was a bug with the website and Disney quickly fixed it later that day? Or a bit of both.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List