Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 6 Jul 20, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ssvickers View Post
Would love to do a waterpark for 1 day. We went last year - our 1st time and never had chance to visit a water park. Going next February and would love to try just 1 day. However don't know if any will be open nor how cold the water will be
All the Disney pools are heated, including the water parks. We’ve only ever been in summer, but if you pick a warm day getting out of the water shouldn’t be too bad.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mostlybobbins View Post
It was a more flippant comment, but when given only ONE option, I wonder how many would actively choose TL or BB over a park when they cannot hop. Purely rhetorical.
Quite a lot of people judging by just this thread. Typhoon Lagoon is always my first park and I prefer it to all the main parks.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
It was a more flippant comment, but when given only ONE option, I wonder how many would actively choose TL or BB over a park when they cannot hop. Purely rhetorical.
I know you said "purely rhetorical" at the end there but this is a discussion group so, y'know, folks are going to discuss this anyway.

So I'm not much of a waterpark fan but I would. I wouldn't dream of trying to fit both a waterpark and a main park into one day so if I wanted a waterpark day then I'd book the day at one of the waterparks.

Putting it another way, I wonder how many people try to do two parks - a waterpark and a main park - in one day? I know that I don't park hop much, and based on previous discussions on the DIBB, I think that's true of many others.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
yorkiedrummer
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I know you said "purely rhetorical" at the end there but this is a discussion group so, y'know, folks are going to discuss this anyway.

So I'm not much of a waterpark fan but I would. I wouldn't dream of trying to fit both a waterpark and a main park into one day so if I wanted a waterpark day then I'd book the day at one of the waterparks.

Putting it another way, I wonder how many people try to do two parks - a waterpark and a main park - in one day? I know that I don't park hop much, and based on previous discussions on the DIBB, I think that's true of many others.
We usually do a full day at a waterpark ( or at least till about 4pm) then head to a Disney park for a few rides and a night time show or fireworks depending on which park until closing.
yorkiedrummer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

We’ve done that lots of times, but it was harder last time as the parks closed so early compared to previous years. Pre 2019 we would often go to a water park til 4/5pm then go back out about 7pm to whichever park was open late/had emh.

Edited at 07:32 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jul 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

I do. I only ever go to water park (usually TL) for a few hours in the morning and then hit a park for the afternoon as it gets far too hot to stay at the water park. Staying the whole day anywhere, whether it's water or a traditional park, isn't something we usually do as park hopping is very much our thing, so that would still apply if it were water park.
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
AdmiralJack
Imagineer

There never was or never has been any mention of Water Parks being on the Park Reservation System. There's just not the same level of interest for TL or BB as they're not 'all day' parks.

Plus, as you can't Park Hop, who'd choose TL or BB as their only park?!
I would. I could easily fill a week with alternating visits to TL and BB with a theme park in the evening.

In my own mind I view them as the 5th and 6th parks. Personally I think they need a 3rd waterpark now that Volcano Bay exists

Edited at 05:16 PM.
AdmiralJack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesses 3
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We also do full days at waterparks and I would happily spend a week sitting at “the line” at typhoon lagoon. They are our chill days and we usually do about 4 days in a two week holiday - bliss 😊
Princesses 3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

I would guess they might be opening next year, I think while the pools etc are safe, the issue is changing facilities/showers and high touching of rings etc, though volcano pay has been open.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

We always dedicate a full day to a water park simply because we would be too tired to do anything else after except go for a meal.

Love TL and BB, haven't done Volcano Bay yet. Hoping to do it August 2021, fingers crossed!