Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 6 Jul 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rapscallion
Helping Minnie

Mobile Buying resale and "perks"

Hi folks

Researching a lot on DVC... very seriously considering buying resale but there are a couple of details I'm still vague on.

- Are we (my immediate family) eligible for the Florida resident/gold annual pass if I buy resale?

- I know free resort parking is covered by resale. What about free standard parking at parks?

- Finally, if I buy 200 points at Saratoga Springs resale, and then add on 100 at another resort, I believe I can combine my points. But what about the home resort booking window? Can I use my 200 Saratoga points toward my other "home resort" with its own 11 month booking window?

Thank you!
Rapscallion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Your home resort advantage is for the points you own there only I’m afraid!
Old 6 Jul 20, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rapscallion
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Your home resort advantage is for the points you own there only I’m afraid!
So combining points (200+100) in my example means 300 possible points to use in one stay, but only at a 7 month booking window regardless of resort?
Rapscallion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
So combining points (200+100) in my example means 300 possible points to use in one stay, but only at a 7 month booking window regardless of resort?
Ok let’s pretend you have 200 Saratoga and 100 Beach Club.

You only ever have the 11 month advantage at your home resort. So in theory with banking and borrowing you could access 600 Saratoga points in one hit and use them to book Saratoga at 11 months.

You would have 300 (banked, current year and borrowed from future year) at Beach Club for your 11 month advantage there.

All points are equal at 7 months
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

If you're staying at a DVC resort on points, then yes, your park parking in included.

Points only retain their home booking advantage at their home resort, you can't combine them until 7 months.

No idea about resale perks I'm afraid.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I am not aware of any Florida resident pass benefits for dvc owners. Resale or otherwise.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

You can buy the Gold passes which I believe you did mention as well as resident passes, I don't know if resale owners can or if it's just a perk for direct owners? Bev, do you know?

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I don’t know. I thought ty DVC annual pass discount was different to the Florida resident one but I’ve never bought one.

Google seems to suggest you can’t buy them with a recent resale contract.
resalesdvc/makes-sense-buy-annual-pass/

Edited at 07:55 AM.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 20, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
You can buy the Gold passes which I believe you did mention as well as resident passes, I don't know if resale owners can or if it's just a perk for direct owners? Bev, do you know?
I don’t believe you qualify for most of the discounts if you bought after 2016. An option would be to buy a small contract direct then the rest of your points via resale.
Old 7 Jul 20, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The Gold pass is only available to blue card owners and Florida residents. It has a lot of blackout dates though. So if you have kids, and want to go 2-3 times a year, you may want to go on a blackout date (say over Xmas or Easter) then it’s useless. Then if you have a blue card you can get discount Platinum which is what I have bought this last time.
One caveat for the gold pass- if say you go at Xmas and are coming back at Summer in a non blackout period, get a UK ticket, use it at Xmas then on the last day upgrade to Gold- that is possible, but again only works if your first trip is in a blackout period and your second is not.

Edited at 08:05 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List