Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 1 Aug 20, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Discovery Cove 27th Aug 2020

Hi,

I have tried to search, but couldn't find the answer. Can anyone confirm if DC is open or closed on 27 August. If I try and book, the date is greyed out. Not sure if this is because they are fully booked or closed. Trying to arrange a refund through Expedia and need to have my facts straight as they are the worst company to deal with.

Thanks
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

Can I possibly ask who you are flying with to go next month.Thank you
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
82lcm
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I was booked to go on 27th August and had an email on 8th July confirming they are closed Tues to Thurs with the exception of 26th August. It went in my junk email if that helps. I emailed to request a refund and received a generic email to say they would be back in touch to refund but it could take 2-3 months. A week later I received an email offering to move my day to anytime next year for the same price (I got a Black Friday deal) so I’ve taken them up on that and rebooked for next year. Hope this helps you in some way 😊
82lcm is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jabbag
Proud to wear my Ears

Based on my experience trying to get a flight refund from Expedia that I was entitled to, it was only two days before we were due to fly that they finally agreed to refund after weeks of fobbing me off. You may have more success with them if you leave it until nearer the time as all they do is copy and paste generic replies and disconnect phone calls.
Jabbag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Jabbag View Post
Based on my experience trying to get a flight refund from Expedia that I was entitled to, it was only two days before we were due to fly that they finally agreed to refund after weeks of fobbing me off. You may have more success with them if you leave it until nearer the time as all they do is copy and paste generic replies and disconnect phone calls.
I know. I had a similar experience with them for a hotel booking at Easter. I initiated a chargeback and that’s been credited to my credit card account. Only have to wait now to see if they appeal the decision.

I will not be booking anything that is not fully refundable with them ever again. They have been hell on earth to deal with.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 82lcm View Post
I was booked to go on 27th August and had an email on 8th July confirming they are closed Tues to Thurs with the exception of 26th August. It went in my junk email if that helps. I emailed to request a refund and received a generic email to say they would be back in touch to refund but it could take 2-3 months. A week later I received an email offering to move my day to anytime next year for the same price (I got a Black Friday deal) so I’ve taken them up on that and rebooked for next year. Hope this helps you in some way 😊
Thank you. That’s what I thought. I have contacted them to get confirmation. We got the same deal, but have booked through Expedia so I’m going to get my money back if I can as I’m not sure when or if we’ll be able to next year.
Old 3 Aug 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by taffs travels View Post
Can I possibly ask who you are flying with to go next month.Thank you
Sorry, I missed your reply. We’re not going, I’m trying to get a refund for our discovery cove booking.