Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 2 Jun 20, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
babycanaansmum
Very Serious Dibber

Some DVC questions

Hi 👋 is anyone able to tell me please a list of sites for DVC resale?

Also if there are points from say March 21 can you book before then but only use after that date or do you have to wait until then to book?

Also if we buy resale now am I right in thinking we can book stays at WDW and Aulani - just not new resorts like Riveria?

We have been looking at DVC for about 12 years and feel like we are ready to buy in. Any advice or thoughts on whether it is a good time to buy or not would be great. Thanks in advance ☺️
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We used the Timeshare store
Points only need to be valid for your stay, so on a Mar UY you can start making bookings from Apr'20 forward, you can also borrow from the next year as long as your booking in during that 12 month window.
Not sure on Aulani but yes any of the current DVC resorts with the exception of Riveria & any going forward- Strong rumour that they might change this as it's affecting Direct Sales.
Good time or not ? Depends FX rate isn't good, prices may drop as more US families sell but Disney currently isn't ROFRing so you might be able to sneak a crazy offer under the radar.
What I say to all those thinking of buying:
Make sure you fully understand what you are committing too, going forward : Annual Dues, flights & passes plus money for food & spending. You are easily committing to "saving" +£300/month not including your dues Flights & passes for 2 are close to £2k before you even get there!
SD
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
babycanaansmum
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you for your post that’s really good to know about booking and borrowing points too I will look in to that more.

We have done a few trips now where we usually do a Disney stay and a cruise so we don’t tend to buy the full tickets and may only do 1 or 2 park days but we like the Disney resorts and relaxing there. We especially like Vero Beach and this would be a good place to use points before and after a cruise from either Miami or Orlando for us. We would be happy to stay at vero but I have read they will not be worth anything soon because they have little time left so maybe we should look at somewhere else.

We do want to visit Aulani maybe 2022 so will need to see if we can use points there too.

Thanks for the advice about saving it’s something we would factor in to our monthly outgoings. We do budget quite a lot for holidays at the moment so that would be ok. Flights I think will go up maybe for a short while so we are taking that into consideration too.
Old 2 Jun 20, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Personally I wouldn't buy at Vero or Hilton Head, one big thing about owning at WDW is that if all else fails you are still at WDW- most book their Home Resort at the 11 month window & then move at 7 months if they can/want to- with VB/HH if you book at 11 & can't get anywhere at 7 you are sort of stuck IYKWIM.
Again personally I'd stay clear of all the 2042 resorts, pity really because I would consider Boulder but can pay a lot less for SSR or AKV & have an extra 12/15 years respectively.You obviously can still stay at these resorts but some are harder to get especially the Epcot resorts, generally the ones that you can always get are SSR/OKW/AKV & I would include Poly & GF in this as they are "points heavy" (we all try to maximise our point allocation) but we have used our points to stay at BR with no problem.
Any further questions just ask

SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR

Edited at 04:18 PM.
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by babycanaansmum View Post
Hi 👋 is anyone able to tell me please a list of sites for DVC resale?

Also if there are points from say March 21 can you book before then but only use after that date or do you have to wait until then to book?

Also if we buy resale now am I right in thinking we can book stays at WDW and Aulani - just not new resorts like Riveria?

We have been looking at DVC for about 12 years and feel like we are ready to buy in. Any advice or thoughts on whether it is a good time to buy or not would be great. Thanks in advance ☺️
I am the Broker for Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.® so, of course, I would recommend you sign up to receive our email updates.

buyandselldvc/index... listing-alerts

Of course, we don't get all the listings (even though we only charge 6.5% commission) so I would also recommend signing up for new listings from DVC Resale Market.

dvcresalemarket/?gcl... AEgKUnfD_BwE

If you click on that link and go to the bottom you can sign up for their updates.

You could have booked as early as April of 2020 for March of 2021. You can always book 11 months in advance at your home resort and 7 months in advance for the non home resorts. You don't have to wait until the points are in your account.

I hope that helps and always good to buy before you travel again so you can use your points on your next vacation.

Thanks,

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®