Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 May 19, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

British Airways flight change to American Airlines

I called BA today about a change on my booking an the call handler noticed that our outbound connecting flight is too tight. She offered me an alternative but didn't mention any change in airline. I checked the updates online and it's now showing as an American Airlines flight. I feel a bit stressed out by this as I haven't flown with them before and don't know how they compare.

We are a party of five including two kids who will need a good IFE system to keep them busy. And I tend to stress out on the plane and have been known to partake in a G&T or two just to calm my nerves Will we have to pay for these as extras? And snacks etc? I'm not sure whether to call back and ask to be moved again onto a BA flight

They didn't mention any change in price, I'm not sure that I'm getting what I paid for in the first place.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
VIP Dibber

We flew AA from Glasgow to PHL and they were fab.

Snacks were included, soft drinks, beer & wine was too, but spirits had to paid for.

From GLA they operate the older 757 so no personal IFE, but shared screen throughout the cabin.

Seat selection was free also, but not sure if that still the case.

Your flight no should tell you what aircraft type you’re on, from there someone will be able to tell you more.

Also. What route are you flying AA?

x

DLP Cheyenne 1999, Day trip 2001, DCR 2011, Cheyenne 2014, DCR 2015, DCR 2023
Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017
First time on-site CSR March 2025
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

We actually preferred the AA flight out to the BA in return. We had all American cabin crew and made it seem like our holiday had really started! Our seats had better width and leg room as well. As PP mentioned you do have to pay for spirits
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Galela1986
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We have flown AA and had no problems, they were very similar to BA.
Galela1986 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Mobile

We preferred AA over BA on our last trip.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

American are excellent would recommend them anytime
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Toria_dee View Post
We flew AA from Glasgow to PHL and they were fab.

Snacks were included, soft drinks, beer & wine was too, but spirits had to paid for.

From GLA they operate the older 757 so no personal IFE, but shared screen throughout the cabin.

Seat selection was free also, but not sure if that still the case.

Your flight no should tell you what aircraft type you’re on, from there someone will be able to tell you more.

Also. What route are you flying AA?

x
Thank you - I am freaking out a bit! It's the LHR-MIA-MCO route in December, I think it's a 777-300?
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Normally when I have booked a BA flydrive the international flights have either been AA or BA. The connecting domestic has always been AA though. It may be that the domestic one was previously too. It would be very unusual to have a bA plane flying from Washington to Orlando for example.

We have flown the international leg with AA many times and go via LHR. I deliberately try and book them as the crew tend to be lovely, the IFE on the last flight we had from Chicago was the best we ever had, and resolution of any problems in US airport's has been better than when trying to sort BA issues.

aA also have either some free seats you can book now, or cheaper pay per seat than BA.

Good of them to flex your connection for you so that it is a more comfortable connection.

Is your query about the international or domestic leg? Re snacks n stuff.

Edited at 07:18 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Normally when I have booked a BA flydrive the international flights have either been AA or BA. The connecting domestic has always been AA though. It may be that the domestic one was previously too. It would be very unusual to have a bA plane flying from Washington to Orlando for example.

We have flown the international leg with AA many times and go via LHR. I deliberately try and book them as the crew tend to be lovely, the IFE on the last flight we had from Chicago was the best we ever had, and resolution of any problems in US airport's has been better than when trying to sort BA issues.

aA also have either some free seats you can book now, or cheaper pay per seat than BA.

Good of them to flex your connection for you so that it is a more comfortable connection.

Is your query about the international or domestic leg? Re snacks n stuff.
We initially had a BA flight LHR to Miami then AA Miami to Orlando. They realised when I called today that they'd not allowed their minimum changeover time in the initial booking so said it would have to be changed. We had pre-booked seats on our first flight booking as one member of the party is disabled, I've just checked and equivalent seats on the AA flight are only available at a cost.

I'm not too bothered about the facilities on the domestic flight as it's a quick hop from MIA to MCO.

Edited at 07:23 PM.
Old 8 May 19, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

As you had pre-booked and have accessibility requirements then I would have expected them to manage the seat reservations for you too. Or at the very least refund you any.mo ey you have paid and then enable you to rebook the sweats that way.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List