Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 May 19, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks guys - I did think it would be a bit hard pushed. Last time I went through immigration when I reached orlando which I did think was strange considering we stopped in the US. I just don't understand why BA and VA offer these flights with such small connection times. I saw one with VA that was 1 hour and 30 mins today! x
WDW and Universal August 2022
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Sorry for being dim, but do you mean that you did immigration twice? Or that you landed in the US and then took a second flight without collecting bags and doing immigration?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Sorry for being dim, but do you mean that you did immigration twice? Or that you landed in the US and then took a second flight without collecting bags and doing immigration?
landed in PHL and didn't collect bags so just did immigration at MCO I hope it's the same again this time x
NY and WDW March 2024
jenna288 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

We have always had to do customs at the first place we landed in the USA
I hate the customs at Atlanta they are always quite mean
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

would never have a layover or less than 2 1/2 hrs. Any delay leaving the Uk and you could possibly miss your flight. Its a tough one when sometimes the flight have a very tempting price.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
We have always had to do customs at the first place we landed in the USA
I hate the customs at Atlanta they are always quite mean
Not sure why I didn't have to last time - I think I best stick to a longer connection just incase. oh really? not looking forward to that then
NY and WDW March 2024
Old 21 May 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
goofyfave
Gone all Goofy

Virgin flights are out today and crazy cheap for my dates. My credit card was blocked due to potential fraud and now their system is down to fix it, argh! If I can book it, I will be paying £942 for direct flights to miami from heathrow for 3 of us. So glad I held out. If only nationwide would sort their system out...
goofyfave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jenna288
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by goofyfave View Post
Virgin flights are out today and crazy cheap for my dates. My credit card was blocked due to potential fraud and now their system is down to fix it, argh! If I can book it, I will be paying £942 for direct flights to miami from heathrow for 3 of us. So glad I held out. If only nationwide would sort their system out...

yayy glad they've come down - I did think they would but it's always a nail biting time waiting. Mine have come down too but just trying to work out best options. Hope you can get booked today x
NY and WDW March 2024
Old 21 May 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
goofyfave
Gone all Goofy

Thanks Jenna! All booked up. We will need to pay an extra £150 on check in to check in two bags, but that still makes it cheaper than the BA ones I found that were coming out around £1400. Given I was originally looking at £3k for Orlando flights I am so pleased we are finally booked, yay! What dates are you waiting for?
goofyfave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Melyn12
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
We are a family of six
We have booked
Manchester-Heathrow-Miami
At 660 each including 7 seater with top insurance couldn’t argue with that for 18 nights
Yes we paid £570pp with a 7 seater SUV from Heathrow to Miami with BA for 15 nights which I was happy with as its for the 3-18th April 2020 so exact school Easter holiday dates! Didn’t fancy indirect flights with the children - would prefer the drive at our leisure once we are in Florida! I don’t think we would’ve got anywhere near this price direct...
Melyn12 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List