Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Feb 20, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Best Heathrow airport hotels

Hi Ive booked flights from Heathrow and now looking at airport hotels with parking and I can't believe how expensive they are. I need a room for 5 (2 adults and 3 children) or 2 rooms. Ideally on terminal or very near with a cheap regular shuttle. My quotes are coming out £300+

Any recommendations much appreciated!
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

I have only been to the crown plaza, I can tell you it’s very nice, but it was fairly expensive when I looked, but is about 10 mins from the airport terminals 2&3 (a while from term 5 though)
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
pwcollins
slightly serious Dibber

We have stayed at the Premier Inn on Bath Road, there is a shuttle bus to Terminals, but we got an Uber for 4 people. We book 2 rooms and usually pay around £30 per room.
Thomson Villa - April 2015
Virgin Select Villa - December 2016
pwcollins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We only use one.. The Premier Inn at Bath Road... every single time. In the Easter Hols it is costing us £29.50 per family room, so £59. Buffet Breakfast is about a tenner per adult with kids ting for nothing.

Next door to it is Purple Parking at £84 for 13 nights and including free shuttle to terminal(s).

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Heathrow premier inn terminal 4 is so convenient, it is right on terminal 4 with a short walk through a tunnel so not affected by weather.
it is close to the other terminals which are reached by free transport, we use the parking with the hotel is maple manor and they take the car for you, the parking usually works out cheaper if you book with Holiday extras.
once you get to the hotel you don't need to leave to find food as there is a restuarant and bar and an onsite Costa .

We are booked for October for £39 for one night

I have just been staying there for work and really enjoyed it for a rest! also ask for a runway room on the 7th floor and you get to see all the planes coming in and out , we have stayed at the Hilton but the room was tired and not a patch on the premier inn.
the Sofitel is nice but too expensive for us.

Edited at 10:56 PM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

We stayed at premier inn terminal 4. It was about £40 and you walk from the terminal down a long corridor/bridge.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
loopyloo33
Very Serious Dibber

I've used park and stay at Park Inn, Crown Plaza and Holiday Inn always book through Holiday Extras or Bookfhr.com
loopyloo33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
Hi Ive booked flights from Heathrow and now looking at airport hotels with parking and I can't believe how expensive they are. I need a room for 5 (2 adults and 3 children) or 2 rooms. Ideally on terminal or very near with a cheap regular shuttle. My quotes are coming out £300+

Any recommendations much appreciated!
Hiya FT, in Nov we stayed at The Premier Inn on Bath Road, cost £31. PI is immediately next door to Purple Parking (HERE) who likely supply free shuttle. Perhaps you could drop all/luggage at the PI, then one parks at Purple then take their shuttle the next morning. We'd taken the train/tube/bus - fare from outside the PI on the red London buses was £1.50 for me but nowt for hubs as he has a Durham CC bus pass. Do not use the airport shuttle bus that services the hotels as it's about £4+ per person.
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya FT, in Nov we stayed at The Premier Inn on Bath Road, cost £31. PI is immediately next door to Purple Parking (HERE) who likely supply free shuttle. Perhaps you could drop all/luggage at the PI, then one parks at Purple then take their shuttle the next morning. We'd taken the train/tube/bus - fare from outside the PI on the red London buses was £1.50 for me but nowt for hubs as he has a Durham CC bus pass. Do not use the airport shuttle bus that services the hotels as it's about £4+ per person.
With the red bus, you missed a trick. If you exit the Prem Inn and turn left, walking 250 yd’s and past the junction to Harlington, you are in the free bus zone. Buses pass every few minutes and take you to the LHR transport terminal.

I have heard, but cannot confirm that the free zone now extends to the Premier Inn.

I can confirm that Purple Parking provides free shuttles to the Transport Centre.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:32 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

It’s been mentioned a few times already but we’ve also had several positive experiences using Premier a Inn Bath Road and Purple Parking Bath Road. I wouldn’t stay anywhere else now if I’m going from Heathrow.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List