Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 2 Feb 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Parking at PI is £10, Purple Parking have a free shuttle to the terminals. It’s certainly cheaper than the Heathrow Hoppa that we’ve needed to use for other hotels.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
huntmj
Excited about Disney

My first choice is always Premier Inn on bath road
huntmj is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
With the red bus, you missed a trick. If you exit the Prem Inn and turn right, walking 250 yd’s and past the junction to Harlington, you are in the free bus zone. Buses pass every few minutes and take you to the LHR transport terminal.

I have heard, but cannot confirm that the free zone now extends to the Premier Inn.
Hiya CBF - it's left out of the PI, about 1/2 mile to Stop J where the West bound free zone begins, just past Harlington Corner, with hubs travelling free £1.50 was canny for us to T3 esp with case and backpack apiece. We'd taken the tube from KGX/St Pancras to Hounslow West crossed the road and jumped on the bus to the PI. Unless it's recently changed, PI wasn't in the free zone last November.

I like the contactless system TfL use, so easy. Pleasantly surprised at £3.10 from KGX to Hounslow West, as it was under an hour from leaving KGX to getting on the bus to the PI I wasn't charged the £1.50 fare, another surprise, so all in £1.50 from Hounslow West to the airport for the two of us was a bargain

Edited at 03:36 AM.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Did you book the parking separately? I found a cheap price for the NCP but not sure how I'd get to and from the hotel.
2022 - Planning our return trip
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Firsttimer2017 View Post
Did you book the parking separately? I found a cheap price for the NCP but not sure how I'd get to and from the hotel.
There are literally hundreds of London buses running up and down the bath road corridor (which is where 90% of the hotels and most of the parking is) so getting between them is relatively easy
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

What's the price difference atween NCP and Purple? If you have Quidco or Top Cash Back Purple Parking are offering 38% cash back, NCP 21%. By using Purple you'll avoid the £1.50pp fare to your terminal from the PI on Bath Road... bear in mind you'll need a separate contactless card for the fare, you can't use the same card again.

If using NCP on Tunnel Road LHR, get the driver to drop all/luggage at the Bath Road PI, they then drop the motor at NCP, walk to Bath Road and take a London bus to the PI, fare is £1.50 using contactless card.

Alternatively if you still want to use NCP pay £10 for overnight parking at PI Bath Road and drop the car at your NCP of choice the following morning, their shuttle'll ferry you to your terminal.
Old 3 Feb 20, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
What's the price difference atween NCP and Purple? If you have Quidco or Top Cash Back Purple Parking are offering 38% cash back, NCP 21%. By using Purple you'll avoid the £1.50pp fare to your terminal from the PI on Bath Road... bear in mind you'll need a separate contactless card for the fare, you can't use the same card again.

If using NCP on Tunnel Road LHR, get the driver to drop all/luggage at the Bath Road PI, they then drop the motor at NCP, walk to Bath Road and take a London bus to the PI, fare is £1.50 using contactless card.

Alternatively if you still want to use NCP pay £10 for overnight parking at PI Bath Road and drop the car at your NCP of choice the following morning, their shuttle'll ferry you to your terminal.
Thanks that’s really helpful. If I book the purple parking how does that mean I avoid the £1.50 shuttle fee?
Firsttimer2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 20, 03:24 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Thanks that’s really helpful. If I book the purple parking how does that mean I avoid the £1.50 shuttle fee?
Because you can use Purple's free shuttle the morning after your PI stay to get to your terminal. The £1.50 fare from the PI isn't a shuttle, it's aboard London public transport (red buses).

Click HERE to see the map showing the PI and Purple next door to each other.
Old 3 Feb 20, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Firsttimer2017
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks - great information!
Old 4 Feb 20, 12:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Thanks - great information!
You are very welcome FT, shout if there is anything you are unsure/need further help with, Dibbers are more than happy to help. Did you check out Purple using Quidco for cash back? If you have any friends who use Quidco and let them refer you they'll get a referral fee

We found the PI on Bath Road clean and comfy. Altho we don't eat there, you'll find a restaurant and bar. I believe there's an area at the back where you can watch aircraft landing.