Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 Feb 20, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Markm030
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile When to book?

I am hoping to book for 2 adults and 4 kids for 2021. I understand the prices will be out soon.
Question I have is when to book?
Last year when I noticed that the prices were released in Ireland and UK for 2020 there was free dining but prices were higher. At the moment 2020 prices have an offer of 4 free days when you book 2 weeks which sounds good and is therefore much cheaper than when they initially went on sale.
I don't want to book 2021 too early to find out if I waited a better offer was to come along.
Any advice would be great.
Markm030 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
gbr78
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

I’m having a similar quandary. It seems unlikely that free dining will cover our stay (Easter Monday arrival), but we definitely want to stay on site. Virgin and Tui have both quoted already and are seeming to be quite reasonable, so I don’t know if we just book now...
gbr78 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Markm030 View Post
I am hoping to book for 2 adults and 4 kids for 2021. I understand the prices will be out soon.
Question I have is when to book?
Last year when I noticed that the prices were released in Ireland and UK for 2020 there was free dining but prices were higher. At the moment 2020 prices have an offer of 4 free days when you book 2 weeks which sounds good and is therefore much cheaper than when they initially went on sale.
I don't want to book 2021 too early to find out if I waited a better offer was to come along.
Any advice would be great.
Base prices are not higher when there is a free dining offer on, of course the free nights offer is not on at the sane time but that is the only reason why the price would be higher.

Not every hotel will have the four nights free offer on, some won’t have any free nights, others might only be two or three free nights. Equally free dining has black out periods and is not available for every hotel and every room type.

Presumably as a party of six you would need two rooms so would get “double” free nights benefit. Maybe estimate what this might work out to in £ terms and then compare to either the cost of a dining plan or to what you might conceivably spend on dining.

I did this recently, after somebody asked a similar question and free nights offer provided savings of just over £500 for ten days. As there is no way £500 would cover all food and drinks for two people for ten days, I concluded that free dining is better offer for the two of us.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Markm030
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Base prices are not higher when there is a free dining offer on, of course the free nights offer is not on at the sane time but that is the only reason why the price would be higher.

Not every hotel will have the four nights free offer on, some won’t have any free nights, others might only be two or three free nights. Equally free dining has black out periods and is not available for every hotel and every room type.

Presumably as a party of six you would need two rooms so would get “double” free nights benefit. Maybe estimate what this might work out to in £ terms and then compare to either the cost of a dining plan or to what you might conceivably spend on dining.

I did this recently, after somebody asked a similar question and free nights offer provided savings of just over £500 for ten days. As there is no way £500 would cover all food and drinks for two people for ten days, I concluded that free dining is better offer for the two of us.
I was looking at AOA family suite so has saving of €1800 for the 4 free nights. The free dining offer last year was only for breakfast and I think was less than half that so not great.

I guess my point is that the first rate published for 2021 might not have any offers on it but hard to know when to book if other offers come out at a later stage. Maybe thats just the risk you take. I suppose there is the option of cancelling and booking again at the lower price

Edited at 08:17 PM.
Markm030 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Markm030 View Post
I was looking at AOA family suite so has saving of €1800 for the 4 free nights. The free dining offer last year was only for breakfast and I think was less than half that so not great.

I guess my point is that the first rate published for 2021 might not have any offers on it but hard to know when to book if other offers come out at a later stage. Maybe thats just the risk you take. I suppose there is the option of cancelling and booking again at the lower price
Nobody (other than a Disney insider) will ever be able to say what future offers will be on.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List