Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Feb 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Probably been asked loads of times but in your opinion ...POR or CB and why?

So we are now juggling on CB or POR for our return stay .
We are a family of 3 and our son will be 11 and loves water slides and to be in pools when back at the hotel .
We also like a decent food court and ability to find quiet pools and areas if possible in Disney .
Please say what one you would pick and why please...

Thanks in advance again

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017

Edited at 11:23 AM.
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Love POFQ and PORS (FQ more). Great food court, great location. Love the theming and the renovations are good.
Personally not to keen on the CB theme

Boat back from Springs in relaxing
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sprocket View Post
Love POFQ and PORS (FQ more). Great food court, great location. Love the theming and the renovations are good.
Personally not to keen on the CB theme

Boat back from Springs in relaxing
Thank you

What renovations have they had done ?
We went years ago and loved the boat trip too to Disney springs and the food court was good.

Is the CB food court as good?

All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

We have stayed at POR (previously done OKW) I have not been to CB - looks lovely though!

At POR we were near a large quite pool, also where the laundry was, very handy. I loved the main pool, Huckleberry Finn type theme...but did get busy at times, so quiet pools (I think there are a few at POR) were nice.

The food hall was large and we enjoyed this - and for a change, PORFQ is only a short walk away and nice to visit too. I guess you could use the pool there too?

The boat to Disney Springs was also enjoyable.

It seemed all the rooms were near a bus stop and quite pool, and not too far from main area. I like there were tow different type of themes to the accommodations. A nice resort to walk around. Parking was close to accommodation too.

I'd like to try different resorts - so prob would go on price - but this ticked all our boxes.
2012 Fairfield Inn IDrive 2013 Highland Reserve 2014 Old Key West 2015 Old Key West / Fantasy World 2016 New York / Cypress Pointe 2016 Cane Island 2017 Old Key West 2018 Port Orleans Riverside 2019 Keys / Cruise / Rosen Inn IDrive 2022 Port Orleans Riverside 2023 Idrive / Cruise 2023 Universal Dockside
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
POR, stayed at CBR & didn't like it, DS stayed at POR last year, I actually thought that he would have picked POFQ but he really liked it & it is really handy to jump on the boat to Disney Springs. When we stayed at CBR we had a car but every time we passed the bus stops the queues were huge! But that might have changed with the Skyliner
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Tretinker
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed at POR in 2017 and loved it. Our first time onsite and we had the best time, the grounds are beautiful, large pool amazing but even better the small pools were stunning and quiet. I honestly couldn't fault it.
CBR we stay at last August and it was again stunning, the grounds beautiful and large pool lovely. The small pools were functional but not pretty. The restaurant was good with nice food options.
We originally booked POR this year because I like the boat and we stayed so soon at CBR but due to a change of dates we have moved to CBR and I can't wait to try the skyliner.

I didnt actually say which I would choose but I would happily stay either both have different advantages. I loved the large layout or both, I felt I had space to stretch out after the crowds of the parks, I could have a morning walk over to the restaurant for coffees and pastries just me while everyone was in the room getting ready and I would see a few joggers or the odd early bird and it was one of my favourite times of day.
Grounds image is from a morning walk at CBR and the pool one is of the little pool at POR.

1st Trip - Sept/Oct 1997 *2nd Trip - Nov/Dec 2000, *3rd Trip - Oct/Nov 2005 *4th Trip - Mar/Apr 2016 5th Trip - Easter 2017 the year of the chicken pox *6th Trip - Aug 2019 a first time for summer *7th Trip - Aug 2020 And then there were 4 *1st DLP Trip December 2020

Edited at 10:11 AM.
Tretinker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Millie1980
Getting Excited

Mobile

We have stayed at both CB and POR. As a resort we prefer POR. The food court is much better at POR. The boat to Disney springs is really nice. You can use both the riverside and French quarter pools if you stay at either of these hotels and it's a nice walk between the two. We did like the theme of CB but the food let it down for us. The only thing is CB now has the skyliner so that would be a big advantage now to consider
Millie1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post

I have only stayed at CBR, but I have visited POR / POFQ.

I didn’t like the sprawled out nature of CBR, I was there just before Skyliner opened, the buses were ok, once I had to take an internal bus round to the first stop as it was getting busy at my stop. Other than that one time, there were only ever a few people at my stop. The Skyliner would put me off a bit as I am not sure about it and it means the buses are limited. I thought the dining was very good at CBR, when I wrote my dining report people mentioned that they have upped their game since the refurb. Centretown Market is very fresh looking and pleasant. I went to Spyglass Grill more often as it was closer and was never disappointed, it was a nice place to sit and eat.

Spyglass grill dinner
Centretown Market breakfast
Spyglass Grill breakfast
Another Spyglass breakfast

I don’t think I would pick POR as it is also sprawled out, but I would like POFQ. I have eaten there and liked that food court too.

Edited at 09:51 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tretinker View Post
We stayed at POR in 2017 and loved it. Our first time onsite and we had the best time, the grounds are beautiful, large pool amazing but even better the small pools were stunning and quiet. I honestly couldn't fault it.
CBR we stay at last August and it was again stunning, the grounds beautiful and large pool lovely. The small pools were functional but not pretty. The restaurant was good with nice food options.
We originally booked POR this year because I like the boat and we stayed so soon at CBR but due to a change of dates we have moved to CBR and I can't wait to try the skyliner.

I didnt actually say which I would choose but I would happily stay either both have different advantages. I loved the large layout or both, I felt I had space to stretch out after the crowds of the parks, I could have a morning walk over to the restaurant for coffees and pastries just me while everyone was in the room getting ready and I would see a few joggers or the odd early bird and it was one of my favourite times of day.
Grounds image is from a morning walk at CBR and the pool one is of the little pool at POR.

Thank you for your really helpful post and pictures . Much appreciated.

All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Old 8 Feb 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Really appreciate everyone’s comments ...

POR winning for us atm.

All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007