Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 18 Apr 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by rjenkins5 View Post
Thank you everybody. Offer has been submitted. Fingers crossed
Good Luck... hope you don't have to wait too long to be signing the final papers
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
It will be very interesting when it’s haemorrhaging billions to see if Disney buy back any contracts.
I don't see Disney being very active buying properties back. They have so much inventory to sell at Riveria. I think ROFR will be at a minimum.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 18 Apr 20, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by JasonErpelding View Post
I don't see Disney being very active buying properties back. They have so much inventory to sell at Riveria. I think ROFR will be at a minimum.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
That was my thoughts Jason. I know in the recession they hardly bought anything for a while. They haven’t got the money now unless they know there is a buyer waiting. Of course the dilemma comes if prices get too low due to no ROFR buybacks and then makes RIV look too expensive, but most direct first time buyers don’t even know about resale.
Old 21 Apr 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
That was my thoughts Jason. I know in the recession they hardly bought anything for a while. They haven’t got the money now unless they know there is a buyer waiting. Of course the dilemma comes if prices get too low due to no ROFR buybacks and then makes RIV look too expensive, but most direct first time buyers don’t even know about resale.
Exactly. Most first time buyers don't even know resales exist. Also a lot of members who have been members a long time don't know resales exist.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 21 Apr 20, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My contract passed rofr in 11 days

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
rjenkins5
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Helenr View Post
My contract passed rofr in 11 days
That's what we hope. Nice and quick, it's like buying a house just waiting for something to happen
rjenkins5 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

Disney and DVC are run as two separate companies so just because Disney is saving cash doesn't mean DVC is doing the same. If DVC wants to keep resale values high then they will take up ROFR if its a low offer.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 20, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by bighal View Post
Disney and DVC are run as two separate companies so just because Disney is saving cash doesn't mean DVC is doing the same. If DVC wants to keep resale values high then they will take up ROFR if its a low offer.
In my opinion the goal of ROFR is not to keep resale values high. In my opinion the goal of ROFR is simply another avenue for DVC to make money. I don’t think they are sitting around saying “some of these people are getting Boardwalk properties for $105 per point so we better buy them back.” If Disney has a huge list of people wanting to buy Boardwalk from them for $200 per point and it makes sense for them to buy something back at a certain price to make money then they do that.

For example, when was the last time someone bought Vero Beach directly from Disney for $120 per point? I am sure someone has that information out there. l am thinking it is not very often. I think right now if a buyer got a Vero Beach seller to accept $25 per point it would make it through ROFR. Of course, I don’t think a buyer could get a seller to accept that price.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
Old 24 Apr 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JasonErpelding View Post
In my opinion the goal of ROFR is not to keep resale values high. In my opinion the goal of ROFR is simply another avenue for DVC to make money. I don’t think they are sitting around saying “some of these people are getting Boardwalk properties for $105 per point so we better buy them back.” If Disney has a huge list of people wanting to buy Boardwalk from them for $200 per point and it makes sense for them to buy something back at a certain price to make money then they do that.

For example, when was the last time someone bought Vero Beach directly from Disney for $120 per point? I am sure someone has that information out there. l am thinking it is not very often. I think right now if a buyer got a Vero Beach seller to accept $25 per point it would make it through ROFR. Of course, I don’t think a buyer could get a seller to accept that price.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®
If you see that Vero at $25, let me know.
Old 8 May 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
rjenkins5
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by Helenr View Post
I have a contract submitted last week
Hi Helen, has your contract passed now. Trying to get an idea on timelines.
rjenkins5 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List