Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 3 Nov 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thank you everyone for your replies, I think we are going to go with the GF option and move to the later date of 16/01/19 for the smaller crowds.
Seems that their may be too many issues for us in choosing BC, Test Track will be shut down at Epcot plus not sure about ease of entrance via IG now what with the Skyliner. Also decided against the CL offer as only one proper bed in room.
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
IANF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

All the hotels were full during our stay last week, the parks were busy, but strangely the queues werent bad.
Each evening the Epcot Skyliner queue was huge after closing, but the IG entry to Epcot was always quiet.

I think the GF is a better choice than BC. We did spead 3 nights at POFQ before moving to BC as it was full. The new reservations at POFQ would make it my preference over BC any day. Best sleep i have had in a hotel.
January will be cold (but warmer that the UK).

Originally Posted by IANF View Post
Thank you everyone for your replies, I think we are going to go with the GF option and move to the later date of 16/01/19 for the smaller crowds.
Seems that their may be too many issues for us in choosing BC, Test Track will be shut down at Epcot plus not sure about ease of entrance via IG now what with the Skyliner. Also decided against the CL offer as only one proper bed in room.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Many thanks for the updates Sprocket.
Seems to be just too many ‘maybes’ associated with the Beach Club rooms, we wanted a balcony (only 50%) have them then if you do get a nice room with a balcony it’s 50/50 as to if it’s got a decent view!
The lovely pool isn’t much of an issue to us as it will be January... only downside I can see is we will lose the local access to DHS for Galaxys Edge (massive Star Wars fan) but will gain early access to MK which TBH is our favourite park anyway.
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
IANF is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Just had another spanner thrown into the works... called to confirm the GF garden view on amended date of 16/01/20 and have also been offered AKL Savannah view CL for £560 less... plus POLY standard view for £270 more! (All with dining plan)
Nice choice to have but getting more confusing by the day😀
Was told a split stay was £460 more than quoted but if split between AKL and GF would still be saving £100 on 2 weeks at GF... or stick with original plan?

Edited at 05:13 PM. Reason: Mis spelt
Old 5 Nov 19, 05:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by IANF View Post
Just had another spanner thrown into the works... called to confirm the GF garden view on amended date of 16/01/20 and have also been offered AKL Savannah view CL for £560 less... plus POLY standard view for £270 more! (All with dining plan)
Nice choice to have but getting more confusing by the day😀
Was told a split stay was £460 more than quoted but if split between AKL and GF would still be saving £100 on 2 weeks at GF... or stick with original plan?
Wouldn’t you miss out on some free dining if you did a split stay?

AKL is a lovely resort but I’d want to be saving more than £560 on my 2 weeks if comparing to a monorail resort. Are there any non club level rooms available?

We’ve not stayed at GF but have stayed at the BC, YC, AKL and the Poly.

I wouldn’t pay more for the poly than the GF. We looked at GF for Christmas last year and ended up in a tower room theme park view at Contemporary for a cheaper price.

Shame the yacht club doesn’t seem to be available as it sounds like it would tick all your boxes, is the boardwalk available?
Old 5 Nov 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Oh with those choices I’d do AKL and pocket the cash. AKL is my favourite resort to stay at even without a savannah view room. If you had free dining bear in mind you will not get that for the second week of a split stay unless you buy two lots of park tickets which would be a waste of money.
Old 6 Nov 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for the replies guys.
Bit the bullet and booked the 14 nights at GF. Really excited as never stayed at a Monorail resort!
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
Old 8 Nov 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

UPDATE... after moving leave in work to 16/01 Charter Travel have just come back and are saying that DIsney are saying they have no record of the phone conversation with Charter to change to GF with date change to 16th on account, they are still showing the original booking for 02/01 at BC!
Really annoyed as they are now saying there’s no availability anywhere to move dates 😡😡😡
Charter travel have really dropped the ball here!
So looks like we are now back to the original plan to be at BC for my 50th on 02/01!
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014
Old 9 Nov 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

I’d stick with your original booking at BC.. the rooms are lovely and the perks are welcome and you are so close to two parks with plenty of transport options to other parks and resorts too.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
IANF
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
I’d stick with your original booking at BC.. the rooms are lovely and the perks are welcome and you are so close to two parks with plenty of transport options to other parks and resorts too.
It was more the later date than the location (although we did set our hearts on GF after being offered it, just the fact of all the rooms having balconies and decent views felt a bit nicer)
Seems it’s a bit of a lottery at the BC as to what type of room you get, especially if it’s full when we arrive on the 2bd.
WILDERNESS LODGE 2009
CORONADO SPRINGS 2014