Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 5 Nov 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

A few questions for those there recently
How did you find CBR with the new skyline? Has it visually impacted the resort? Any noise?
How is the transport waiting times? Are you finding it quicker to use the skyline or buses?
How do you rate the food at CBR?
With the recent report of a dirty room with dead bug and used condom, how have you found your rooms?
We have a standard room booked so what is the best area ?
My youngest will certainly want to use the themed pool everyday so we would like somewhere close to that of possible
Thanks x
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
How did you find CBR with the new skyline? Has it visually impacted the resort? Any noise?
How is the transport waiting times? Are you finding it quicker to use the skyline or buses?
With the recent report of a dirty room with dead bug and used condom, how have you found your rooms?
My youngest will certainly want to use the themed pool everyday so we would like somewhere close to that of possible
Thanks x
We got back today Loved the Skyliner! Standard rooms are in Jamaica and Aruba. Aruba is closest to the Riviera stations and Jamaica is closest to the Caribbean Beach station, and is the main station. We stayed in Jamaica on our first trip and thought it was a lovely location and a nice walk over the island to the main pool, food court etc. We were in Martinique this time, which is the furthest away from the Skyliner, but still only took us 10 minutes to walk there. The internal bus has a stop at the Skyliner station too. If we were choosing a standard room then we'd ask for Jamaica.

Travel wise, it took 4 minutes to get to Hollywood Studios and the station is right next to the HS entrance, so less walking to/from the bus stops. It's about 9 minutes to Epcot and the stop is at the International Gateway (World Showcase side).

It gets a big thumbs up for us

Cleanliness wise, we had no problem at all. I do think that these issues are the exception rather than the rule. As for the condom - I'm more disgusted with the people who didn't dispose of it properly to start with!

We enjoyed the food and I've written about it quite a lot in my food report: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150176
They have the standard options of burgers, pizza and chicken, as well as some more interesting options. It's definitely improved since our 2017 trip.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Thanks x
We finished there on Friday gone. Loved the Skyliner much quicker and reliable than the buses but it doesn't start till 8am so no good for EMH at HS or Epcot. Food was decent enough but to be fair hardly ate there. Rooms were spotless we were in Barbados so handy for Old Port Royale and the Skyliner. Disney made interesting comments about the alleged dirty room, the 'victim's were upgraded to GF so they got a fairly good deal out of that.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Uncle paul
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Mobile

Thanks x
We’re back just over 2 weeks and still suffering the “Disney blues”.
Ditto what the others have said. We were far end of Jamaica, close to Skyliner Station, but wherever you are, your no more than 10 mins easy walk to OPR.
Skyliner, buses, food all great. No problems with the room, we would go back tomorrow if we could and it wouldn’t matter to us which Island they put us in. 👍
Uncle paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We got back today Loved the Skyliner! Standard rooms are in Jamaica and Aruba. Aruba is closest to the Riviera stations and Jamaica is closest to the Caribbean Beach station, and is the main station. We stayed in Jamaica on our first trip and thought it was a lovely location and a nice walk over the island to the main pool, food court etc. We were in Martinique this time, which is the furthest away from the Skyliner, but still only took us 10 minutes to walk there. The internal bus has a stop at the Skyliner station too. If we were choosing a standard room then we'd ask for Jamaica.

Travel wise, it took 4 minutes to get to Hollywood Studios and the station is right next to the HS entrance, so less walking to/from the bus stops. It's about 9 minutes to Epcot and the stop is at the International Gateway (World Showcase side).

Cleanliness wise, we had no problem at all. I do think that these issues are the exception rather than the rule. As for the condom - I'm more disgusted with the people who didn't dispose of it properly to start with!

We enjoyed the food and I've written about it quite a lot in my food report: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150176
They have the standard options of burgers, pizza and chicken, as well as some more interesting options. It's definitely improved since our 2017 trip.
Sounds fab!
We don’t mind a walk to transport but would like to be near the main pool (because our 6 year will want to go there constantly lol) so where would you recommend for that?
I am holding out until the weekend to read your food report so I can make notes ! Can’t wait 😊
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Sounds fab!
We don’t mind a walk to transport but would like to be near the main pool (because our 6 year will want to go there constantly lol) so where would you recommend for that?
I am holding out until the weekend to read your food report so I can make notes ! Can’t wait 😊
I'd say Jamaica, but even in the furthest block in Aruba you're no more than 10 minutes from the main pool, and it's a lovely walk. I wouldn't stress about it too much about it, as once you're there you'll stay for a few hours and food, drinks etc are right next to it

loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Brighton Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Funny how experiences differ, we flew back Saturday. We were in Jamaica, location wise perfect, room, and housekeeping completely different story. Really wasn't impressed, and certainly wouldn't stay there again. We may of just been unlucky, but wildly take the chance again.
August/September 14 - Compass Bay
August/September 16 - Compass Bay
Brighton Mouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Brighton Mouse View Post
Funny how experiences differ, we flew back Saturday. We were in Jamaica, location wise perfect, room, and housekeeping completely different story. Really wasn't impressed, and certainly wouldn't stay there again. We may of just been unlucky, but wildly take the chance again.
Oh, that's a shame We opted out of housekeeping, so didn't experience them this time, but had no problems last time (2017). What was wrong with your room? We had no issues with ours on either stay and would return tomorrow if we could.

Old 7 Nov 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Brighton Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Oh, that's a shame We opted out of housekeeping, so didn't experience them this time, but had no problems last time (2017). What was wrong with your room? We had no issues with ours on either stay and would return tomorrow if we could.
Dirty, dusty, interconnecting door coming apart at the base, paint peeling of walls. Toiletries, toilet roll and coffee machine not being replenished, few other things. Very substandard for Disney. Location was perfect though, and the Skyliner is excellent.
August/September 14 - Compass Bay
August/September 16 - Compass Bay
Brighton Mouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Brighton Mouse View Post
Dirty, dusty, interconnecting door coming apart at the base, paint peeling of walls. Toiletries, toilet roll and coffee machine not being replenished, few other things. Very substandard for Disney. Location was perfect though, and the Skyliner is excellent.
Oh dear, that is a shame and I completely understand why you weren't impressed. I do think you were unlucky unfortunately