Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Nov 19, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
mgoo
I want to go now!

Avis Miami airport

Hi everyone,
We've just returned and thought I'd give some feedback regarding Avis at Miami airport.
After being quite alarmed with the online reviews/comments and bad customer service people had faced at Miami with Avis I thought it's only fair to give credit where credits due.
I had never used Avis before and had booked through BA. After reading online advice I signed up to their preferred program knowing I may be able to skip the usual desk lines at the airport and head straight to the garage. I did understand after though that on the first time of using this service if you name isn't on the board you have to join the regular que.
When I arrived at the Avis desk the que was massive and I couldn't see my name on any board but then a rep shouted out and advised any preferred customers to head downstairs. So off I went and couldn't believe it as there was no customers at the desk in the garage. I walked straight up, pleasant lady served me (with a smile) and my car was right next to the office. Off I went in to the Florida sun in less than one hour from disembarking, Brilliant: 😁
mgoo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Hi. We have done this too. Sadly even after our initial booking we have never had our name on the board though, but the staff have always been helpful

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

We have used Avis for the last 4 or 5 years and our name is never on the board, always go to the preferred hut and get sorted quickly enough. Also has the advantage that you can ask person dealing with you and see what different cars they have available !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List