Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Nov 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would clean it
When we moved I cleaned every room as much as I could with the furniture in.
On moving day as each room was emptied I went in with a bucket of hot soapy water and washed the skirting boards window ledges doors and frames then I hoovered.
I left a card flowers and a bottle of Prosecco too.
Fortunately our new home was just as clean
Old 11 Nov 19, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

Yes! I even cleaned some carpets. They weren't easy buyers either. Our neighbour even gave them a copy of his deeds. Talk about crossing every T and dotting every I.
Pleased they bought it though!
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

If say yes, no need to leave it immaculate, but basic things - bathroom clean, floors all hoovered, kitchen ready to use (like tops of the cupboards not caked in ick) once it’s empty check for split tea/coffee marks on walls and skirtings, but otherwise the amount of muck they will trend in whilst moving, it’s not worth it!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

We gave it another fresh coat of paint and cleaned ours top to bottom when we moved out. The spoilt princess who moved in absolutely gutted the place (I was gutted because the building company we sold it to said we had to leave my fire place and fire in plus all my curtain fittings and she dumped them in a skip along with my solid oak flooring that she thought was laminate! Neighbours told her otherwise) she also had the cheek to tell the neighbours my house was a mess! Hadn't been touched in 50 years! We lived there 12years and had gutted it due to buying off an elderly lady at a perfect price for first time buyers. Plus neighbours had been in to help us move and clean and knew the owner before us. I won't even acknowledge her when we visit our old neighbours with being good friends.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Absolutely, I would hate to think others view me as having a dirty house.
Marriott Motel, IDrive 1991, Davenport 2009, Windsor Palms 2010, 2012, Windsor Palms/RPR 2014, Windsor Palms, RPR, HRH 2016, Anna Maria, RPR, HRH & Windsor Palms 2018, Miami, Orlando, Anna Maria & Naples 2019. Orlando/HRH Easter 2022 & Miami/Orlando/RPR/Anna Maria/Naples 2022, Orlando 2023, Exploring Tampa 2024, Family relaxation at Anna Maria 2024
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
If your house is normally clean then do a normal clean with perhaps a bit of extra where furniture has been removed, You don't need a 'deep clean'
If your house was the sort that really needed a deep clean then surely you would be the sort of person who wouldn't even ask this question

I remember going to view one when I was looking. I wouldn't even sit on the sofa and the dog was almost bald with fleas. As for accepting a cup of tea (which was offered) I don't have the immune system to deal with that state of a kitchen. Yet they were on the market and accepting viewings without bother. Whoever did buy it must have started with fumigators before cleaners. So those who are saying that they bought houses in a terrible mess - the people selling probably didn't even notice it
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
zokaluse
VIP Dibber

My last house I spring cleaned & left milk in the fridge with tea, coffee, wine & juice with a little note on local shops etc. Got to my new house & had to force the front door open as he’d just thrown all his rubbish into the hall, every kitchen cupboard was full, rubbish all over the dining room floor ..took me 3 days to clean it!
I’d still leave my house spotless on leaving though.
zokaluse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Mobile

Regardless of what’s gone on, i wouldn’t even consider not cleaning the house
Old 12 Nov 19, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I would hoover, tidy and leave it generally clean. I wouldn't do a deep clean (and definitely wouldn't pay a cleaner to do it).
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I would hoover, tidy and leave it generally clean. I wouldn't do a deep clean (and definitely wouldn't pay a cleaner to do it).
Thanks everyone for your opinions.

I think i will do just this - we are leaving nothing in the house so will hoover each room as we leave and do a once over of bathrooms and kitchen surfaces as we go.

The next dilemma is should we mow the grass

And it says not to leave any rubbish behind but can we leave rubbish in the wheelie bins?

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List