Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Nov 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Epcot

Today we were planning to do the Epcot Food & Wine festival, we weren’t going there until the afternoon so did some shopping and had breakfast before.

IHOP

Meat Lovers Omelette

This was shared between me and Daniel & we got some crepes.

I really enjoyed this omelette, it was really tasty and quite filling as it was packed with so much meat and cheese.

Nutella Crepes

These were SO good, I love Nutella and I love crepes so this was a perfect combo for me and I didn’t fancy sharing with Daniel anymore lol.

Breakfast sampler

This was for dad and he enjoyed it, mum shared some of his pancake she got up before everyone else and ate in the room so she wasn’t hungry when we came here.

Breakfast was about $35 in total, so cheap and cheerful.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Food & Wine Festival

When we got to Epcot, we rode Test Track quickly and then headed to the F&W stalls.

We weren't on any dining plans, so we just paid out of pocket at each of the boots, most dishes varied from $5-8 and then alcoholic drinks were $8-12

First up:

Chocolate Studio

I already knew what I wanted here, as I'd had it last time and it was soo good.

Liquid Nitro Chocolate Almond Truffle

This has like an ice creamy/ moussey sort of texture but it is so tasty and creamy.

Cheese Studio

This was next to the chocolate studio, so we got a couple of dishes here.

Braised Beef Stroganoff

This was delicious, the sauce was richy and flavoursome.

Maple Bourbon Cheesecake

This was mum and dad's, I did have a bite and it was great I loved the maple flavour.

Florida Orange Sparkling Blueberry Wine

Daniel & I had a glass of this, it was really fruity tasty and very refreshing the flavour went perfectly with the beef.

Next up was...

Hawaii

At this point me and Daniel were chatting about our wedding plans and honeymoon and we really fancied Hawaii, but still unsure.

Anyway..

Kalua Pork Slider

This is shredded pork in a brioche roll with a pineapple salsa, it's really delicious and one of my fave dishes.

Sparkling Pineapple Wine

We chose this wine, as we thought it would go best with the dish and it was really nice.

I love all sparkling wines, wines, proseccos, champagne so I wasn't going to complain.

Canada

Le Cellier Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon

Steak is a pretty tricky dish to share, so we had one each and also because I knew how tasty this is and didn't want to share.

Every year, I always say I would love to have a meal at Le Cellier, but when paying out of pocket it's sometimes hard to justify Disney prices when you can get an amazing steak off site. One day I will do the dining plan...

France

We had a little break from the food, as we were getting a little full.

Grey Goose Slushy

I couldn't resist another one of these.

This was the last stall for us, as we were quite full and had spent quite a lot on the different stalls.

Thailand

Thai Red Beef Curry

Marinated Chicken

This is chicken peanut satay dish, Daniel's favourite Thai dish.

The guys at the booth kindly gifted us a free dish, to congratulate us. Second time this happened to us at F&W.

We thoroughly enjoyed all of the dishes we tried today, it was nice to leisurely stroll around eating and drinking. I had such a fab day.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

The F&W offerings look amazing. Shame there only available during the festival 😂 and those breakfasts 😋
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
Haha how funny, the boys did good ay?

We are getting married in May 21, so ideally want our honeymoon after the wedding, nothing booked yet but hoping around 17th May as my partners birthday is in May so we can celebrate his birthday over there!
May is a great time to go. We did early May last year.

Funny you mention Hawaii in your post from today - our loose plan is to get married in June 2021, honeymoon in Hawaii and then have a disneymoon later in the year although we have also sneakily spoken about getting married at Disney... We will see - exciting times! Hope you’re enjoying the planning already.
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
May is a great time to go. We did early May last year.

Funny you mention Hawaii in your post from today - our loose plan is to get married in June 2021, honeymoon in Hawaii and then have a disneymoon later in the year although we have also sneakily spoken about getting married at Disney... We will see - exciting times! Hope you’re enjoying the planning already.
Haha how funny, we clearly have very similar taste lol.

Hawaii would be the dream, all the hotels I like are super pricey though and you still need spending money on top, so I'm not sure we can stretch that and pay for a wedding

We will see though! Thank you, I hope you enjoy planning too x

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
The F&W offerings look amazing. Shame there only available during the festival 😂 and those breakfasts 😋
I know, I wish F&W snacks were available more. Next time we visit it won't be on, which is a shame!

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

We have Festival of the Arts - so at least there will be food stalls like this, although more expensive I believe. Last years food looked amazing though so we’ll have to splash out on a few. It’d be rude not to!
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

All caught up on your report. Many congratulations on your engagement, and so nice that your mum and dad were there too. Special times, special memories.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
We have Festival of the Arts - so at least there will be food stalls like this, although more expensive I believe. Last years food looked amazing though so we’ll have to splash out on a few. It’d be rude not to!
If the food is anything like F&W I would definitely recommend splashing out a little bit. I hear some people top up a Disney gift card with an allowance to spend at the booths, that way once they have spent all the money on their card they have stuck to a budget.

Originally Posted by Loobylou_82 View Post
All caught up on your report. Many congratulations on your engagement, and so nice that your mum and dad were there too. Special times, special memories.
Thank you! It was honestly so amazing, I was on cloud nine the whole holiday lol. I think mum was too, as she got to be witness of it all.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 15 Nov 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Ford Garage

So after our leisurely day round Epcot, we went back to the apartment and opened a bottle of wine.

After a nice relaxing chill we headed to The Ford Garage on the Vinelands for dinner.

This is new try for us, and Daniel is a car fanatic especially Ford! His pride and joy was his Ford Focus ST before he sold it for our deposit of our home (love u babe )

So this restaurant choice was for him, and he was in his element.

First up we had some drinks, I just stuck with Pinot as I had already had a few glasses in the room and Daniel got his fave a Pina Colada.

Next up was food, we grabbed a couple of appetisers to share between all 4 of us.

Giant Funnel Tower of Jumbo Piston Onion Rings

Delicious Golden Brown Breading, Served with Homemade Chipotle Ketchup and Ranch

Ford's Classic Wings

All of the starters were so tasty, they did take a little while to come out but the food was really good so we didn't complain about the wait. There was only one waiter in the restaurant as it was quite late, but still a few tables her to serve. The food still came out hot though.

Black N Bleu

Blackened Black Angus, Crumbled Bleu Cheese, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Caramelized Onions, Lettuce, and Tomato on a European Pretzel Bun - I substituted the pretzel bun for a brioche roll as I didn't fancy the pretzel bun.

This was delicious, I love blue cheese burgers and this was no exception! I really couldn't fault it, and the potato wedges were a nice change from fries with a burger.

Ford Signature

Black Angus, Aged Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Applewood Smoked Bacon, Bourbon BBQ Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, and Red Onion on a Brioche Bun - this was Daniel's choice.

He really enjoyed his meal.

after our mains, we decided to share a pudding. I loved the sound of all the desserts, but the winner was...

Award Winning Funnel Cake Fries

Funnel Cake Fries Dusted with Powdered Sugar, Served with Raspberry and White Chocolate Dipping Sauces

THESE WERE AMAZING. Omg, I finished the whole portion by myself as no one else wanted any (think this explains my gain at Slimming World when I got home). I loved the raspberry and white chocolate sauces, I am a sucker for a raspberry and white chocolate combo.

Our meal in here was really amazing and the servers were so friendly! They do offer other meals besides burgers, but as this was their signature items we all decided to chose a burger, I would never normally have a burger at a restaurant, but I would gladly go back and order the same.

This was another highlight meal of the holiday, I couldn't fault it and it was nice to try different places.

The meal wasn't expensive either, I want to say it was around $110 for all of us, with tip and tax.

Orlando 16 - Food Report