Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Trip Planning Florida > Thomas Cook
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Unread 13 Nov 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Petalnick
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by Cinderellas View Post
I rang virgin yesterday and they said my claim was with a claims handler and couldnt give me a timescale. I sent mine the last week in September 😳
Yes my parents put in a claim the last week in September as well.

They have booked new flights as we are all going in April and didnt want flight costs to rise too much. Really thought they would have received a refund by now

Hopefully everyone is refunded sooner rather than later.
Petalnick is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Hailz
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by kathrynmc View Post
Im still waiting from Halifax. I spoke to someone from the complaints section last week who said I would hear from disputes Thursday/Friday, heard nothing.

I will be contacting complaints again tomorrow
I spoke to someone at Halifax on 1st Nov, tried to put me through to disputes but too busy, was then told I'd have a call from disputes in 3 working days never happened. Called yesterday spoke to someone in disputes who has now passed it onto section 75. Have been told will receive a call from them in 3-5 working days.

I put this claim in on 26th Sept and everytime I call they say are you disputing 1 payment and I've explained everytime no it's 3 payments. Don't hold out much hope I'll get money back (It's for tickets for discovery cove and mnsshp).
Hailz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday.
Unread 14 Nov 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
married2mm
Imagineer

married2mm's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Finally got Tesco refund yesterday!
married2mm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Nov 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bristol43
Looking for my Ears

For anyone still waiting to hear from Halifax, I called today and was transferred to the disputes team and spoke to the handler dealing with my claim. I called initially on the 23rd September and sent proof of my flights on the 30th Oct. He has settled my claim today and payment should be refunded in 3-5 days. He did say that my claim was due to be looked at around now anyway, so this should give an idea of timescales.
Bristol43 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Can't wait to get back again!
Unread 16 Nov 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Bristol43 View Post
For anyone still waiting to hear from Halifax, I called today and was transferred to the disputes team and spoke to the handler dealing with my claim. I called initially on the 23rd September and sent proof of my flights on the 30th Oct. He has settled my claim today and payment should be refunded in 3-5 days. He did say that my claim was due to be looked at around now anyway, so this should give an idea of timescales.
I submitted my claim on sept 23rd too and sent my paperwork on october 21st and still have heard nothing! I was going to wait until a week on Monday when the 45 working days was up and then chase.
Did they mention that the refund would be frozen for a certain time in case Thomas cook dispute it?!
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, August 2020 Disneyland California
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for my nieces first time!
Unread 16 Nov 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Bristol43
Looking for my Ears

They said that it could be open to dispute and reclaim within 45 day by TC, but indicated very unlikely. I would call them and ask to speak to the dispute team. I got a little fed up waiting and rang them yesterday.
Bristol43 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Can't wait to get back again!
Unread 16 Nov 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Bristol43 View Post
They said that it could be open to dispute and reclaim within 45 day by TC, but indicated very unlikely. I would call them and ask to speak to the dispute team. I got a little fed up waiting and rang them yesterday.
I have called regularly and even opened a complaint but still told I have to wait for the 45 working days to be up! I might call again next week though.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, August 2020 Disneyland California
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
DLP for my nieces first time!
Unread 16 Nov 19, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

Mobile

We phoned up Barclaycard on weds to see if our claim was near completion and we were told that it was taking so long because wed put in an oop expenses claim and that the flights had been okayed but the expenses were taking the time. Yesterday we were refunded just the original cost of the flights.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less