Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Itineraries
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.
Unread 14 Nov 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Apprentice Imagineer

Elodie, didn't want to quote your last, lest there'd be a wall of text, but I'd definitely agree with you regarding the DxDDP - we just do QSDP as we eat off-site a few times, and don't do enough Disney TS to justify an upgrade to DDP. The idea of two sit down TS meals a day would be too restrictive to me, but I'm sure it works for some.

For your first week at Universal, there are some great places to eat on City Walk - Margaritaville a favourite of ours, and Hard Rock Caf, though pretty samey to anywhere else in the world, is consistently good.
IndianaMac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POR, RPR, Key West :-)
Unread 14 Nov 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
This year the MNSSHP were on three times a week, Tuesday, Friday and Sunday. You have daytime visits on Tuesday and Sunday which are good days to go as many people stay away due to early close. You have also got visits planned on a Wednesday and a Thursday, I would rethink those as MK is very busy on non party days.

We have done deluxe dining before for five days and we have upgraded to deluxe for the next trip of eleven days. It is not about having a big appetite, I dont have a big appetite either. However I like signature dining so it means I can do more of them and signature meals are smaller than your average QS. Also I do not often eat desserts but I like a starter and the deluxe plan allows me to have a starter not a dessert (well it allows both but I dont want both). The other reason I upgrade is that I dont like the QS experience in the parks; they always seem so busy and it is hard to find a clean table or indeed any table at too many I have looked in. I prefer to know I will have a table.

For the five day trip it was really easy to use up the credits, one breakfast and a signature each evening. It is harder for eleven days though and I think there will be some credits left over as we probably will not wish to have eleven signature meals in eleven days. I am happy to accept that I wont maximise the value of the plan, but then I use snack credits on water, which I know is a Dibb crime.

Unless you think your family will want a lot of signatures, I doubt it would be worth upgrading to deluxe. It is a shame there is not something in between DDP and dxDDP.

I dont think there is any need to book TS well in advance. I always have as I like doing it, but once I arrive, I end up changing nearly everything anyway. There are a couple of places that can be hard to get more than a few weeks past the 180 day mark, but even these become available again as people cancel at the last minute. I have picked up hard to get Cali Grill brunch, Cinderella Royal Table, BOG pre park opening, Akershus pre park opening and Beaches & Cream all either on the day or the night before.
Im pretty sure the MNSSHP was only on Tuesdays and Saturdays in August 2019 - perhaps youre thinking of September, when it was mainly held on Tuesdays, Fridays and Sundays? Hopefully the fact that its only on twice a week wont make quite such a difference to crowd levels while there are five non-party days to share out the non-party guests. (Obviously, it will be a different matter if they announce more / different party dates for August 2020.)

As you say, I dont think DxDDP is for us, and I agree it is a shame there isnt a halfway point between DDP and DxDDP. Were only planning / hoping to get one reservation for a 2TS credit restaurant (ie CRT) and the rest just normal table service, so it would mean a lot of meals. Like you, Im tempted by the idea of being able to choose a starter rather than a dessert (wouldnt manage both!) but thats the only bit that tempts me, so Id probably just pay OOP if there was a starter I really wanted.

Same as you, I think we will just book whatever we can in advance, then alter reservations during the trip if necessary. When we go to DLP, I always like to ensure we have a restaurant booked every day. Then we can just change our reservations around once were there - its never been a problem to do that, but at least we know were guaranteed a table if theres ever a problem with last minute availability.
Unread 14 Nov 19, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by IndianaMac View Post
Elodie, didn't want to quote your last, lest there'd be a wall of text, but I'd definitely agree with you regarding the DxDDP - we just do QSDP as we eat off-site a few times, and don't do enough Disney TS to justify an upgrade to DDP. The idea of two sit down TS meals a day would be too restrictive to me, but I'm sure it works for some.

For your first week at Universal, there are some great places to eat on City Walk - Margaritaville a favourite of ours, and Hard Rock Caf, though pretty samey to anywhere else in the world, is consistently good.
Thanks for the tips for eating at Universal - I really havent a clue about where to get food while were there, so Ill pop those on our list of recommended restaurants.

Well see if I can convince DH that we dont need to upgrade to DxDDP - weve got the DDP free, and well definitely make the most of that with all the character meals the children want to do, but Im sure DXDDP would be a step too far.
Unread 26 Nov 19, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Steveswift
Gone all Goofy

Hi,

We go 19 Aug for 14 days staying at AKL, got the Dxddp free so will not be too aggressive on getting max value but will do it some damage.

So you will be booking ADR slightly before us, will follow with interest how that goes for you.

Am. I right that MDE app won't recognise your booking reference until exactly 180 days from which you can book all of holiday ADR's is minded?

Edited at 02:55 PM. Reason: Fat fingers
Steveswift is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going to meet the big cheese 2
Unread 28 Nov 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
toriamua
First POST

Mobile

Oooh were arriving the day before you and keep saying were first timers as were staying on Disney for the first time 😂😂😂. Your plan looks so much more thought out than mine lol.
toriamua is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Cupcake33
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Steveswift View Post
Hi,

We go 19 Aug for 14 days staying at AKL, got the Dxddp free so will not be too aggressive on getting max value but will do it some damage.

So you will be booking ADR slightly before us, will follow with interest how that goes for you.

Am. I right that MDE app won't recognise your booking reference until exactly 180 days from which you can book all of holiday ADR's is minded?
Hi , I'm also staying at AKL from 14th August so I'll see you there!
Cupcake33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Steveswift
Gone all Goofy

Cool, see you there 😎
Steveswift is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Going to meet the big cheese 2