Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 13 Nov 19, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Question about moving disney hotels

I've booked 9 nights at Port Orleans in October next year and hoped to change my dates and go out a day earlier.

I've booked through Attraction Tickets Direct. The problem is, there is no availability for the day earlier.

I'm thinking booking into another Disney hotel for a night when we arrive then move to PO on the dates we have booked

If I book another hotel with disney, would/could they arrange for luggage etc to be transferred to PO for me or would I have to check out of the place we have for the night then go to PO and check in there.

Hopefully that makes sense
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post

They will move your luggage, but you will still have to check into the second hotel. Up to you whether you go to the desk of the first one to check out, I was emailed my bill and so didn’t bother.

Our brand new hard shell suitcase was left battered and scratched after Disney moved it when we swapped hotels in September.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
They will move your luggage, but you will still have to check into the second hotel. Up to you whether you go to the desk of the first one to check out, I was emailed my bill and so didn’t bother.

Our brand new hard shell suitcase was left battered and scratched after Disney moved it when we swapped hotels in September.
Thanks Claudette.

I guess if we are sensible about it, we could keep a change of clothes in our carry on so we wouldn’t need to worry about taking the cases out of the car
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
Thanks Claudette.

I guess if we are sensible about it, we could keep a change of clothes in our carry on so we wouldn’t need to worry about taking the cases out of the car
After our luggage removal experience, I would definitely move my own cases next time if we had a car.
Old 13 Nov 19, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Spotter
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We did it last week. Moved from Beach Club to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Had bell services do it so they come to the room and then once you've checked in at the new hotel you call them to have your cases delivered to your room.

Not the quickest of service. We checked out of Beach Club at 11am. Got into our new room at AKL around 5pm and contacted bell services. They said they hadn't had the delivery yet. The cases turned up about 30 minutes later so it can take a while.

No issues with damage or anything.
Spotter is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Spotter View Post
Not the quickest of service. We checked out of Beach Club at 11am. Got into our new room at AKL around 5pm and contacted bell services. They said they hadn't had the delivery yet. The cases turned up about 30 minutes later so it can take a while.
We moved twice and it was about five hours each time, it was not an issue though, as we had gone to the park anyway.
Old 13 Nov 19, 09:31 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did this last month, spent our 1st 2 nights at All Star Sports, I packed enough clothes for 2 days in packing pods into our hand luggage cases, put toiletries at the top of one of the big cases and just took that out when we got to the hotel, and left them in the car for the 2 nights as we had all valuables with us. We then moved over to FQ, left the cases at Bell services, went out and they brought the cases up to the room when we returned.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

I'll jump onto this thread in hope of a definitive answer regarding changing hotels

let's say I stay one night at a value, like the OP before my main stay (this main stays carrying the tickets)
on the morning of the hotel change, can I go straight to the parks (and let bell services handle the luggage) and enter the parks, use dining and all, and then go check in later in the day/afternoon
or do I need to go check in first for some sort of "activation" of the package (which would be a UK package) ? I would have MBs from the first night, so no issue there;

thanks for any first hand experience
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
I'll jump onto this thread in hope of a definitive answer regarding changing hotels

let's say I stay one night at a value, like the OP before my main stay (this main stays carrying the tickets)
on the morning of the hotel change, can I go straight to the parks (and let bell services handle the luggage) and enter the parks, use dining and all, and then go check in later in the day/afternoon
or do I need to go check in first for some sort of "activation" of the package (which would be a UK package) ? I would have MBs from the first night, so no issue there;

thanks for any first hand experience
Yes I have first hand experience. I added on a few nights at CBR before my “main” booking at Wilderness Lodge, the tickets were attached to the WL stay.

After the luggage was collected, we headed straight to Magic Kingdom. Couldn’t get in. We were sent to Guest Services at the gate and they called Wilderness Lodge and completed the check in over the phone. Once we were checked in, the tickets became active.

Edit: we didn’t have a dining plan so can’t comment on that’s element, however at a guess it would be the same and not active until check in.

Edited at 10:54 AM.
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

thank you
I seemed to recall you were in that situation, and seeing you on this thread had me hope for your feedback

thank you, much helpful
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List