Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less
Unread 8 Jun 19, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
Serious Dibber

Looks amazing! Glad you had a fantastic day.
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday OKW
Unread 8 Jun 19, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Very Serious Dibber

Just caught up. Really enjoyed reading so far. Congratulations!
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
return to Star Wars run
Unread 8 Jun 19, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Forest32 View Post
Looks amazing! Glad you had a fantastic day.
Thank you very much

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
Just caught up. Really enjoyed reading so far. Congratulations!
Thank you
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Operation Anniversary Trip
Unread 8 Jun 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

What a wonderful wedding day 💝 thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Unread 9 Jun 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
What a wonderful wedding day 💝 thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Thank you it was very special
princessnicki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 9 Jun 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
Excited about Disney

DAY 4- Flame Tree Barbeque, Animal Kingdom

For lunch we shared the Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork Sampler (Smoked Ribs, Chicken and Pulled Pork served with Signature Baked Beans and Coleslaw)

and the Baked Macaroni & Cheese with Pulled Pork (Baked Macaroni and Cheese topped with Smoked Pulled Pork, Onion Rings and Coleslaw).

Mobile ordering is the best thing ever i dont know why more people dont use it. The food was really good and filled us up nicely. The pulled pork was made with a sweet BBQ sauce rather than tomato and the mac and cheese was really rich.

We had a Mandarin Orange Vodka Lemonade each to drink and this was really refreshing.

Nomad Lounge, Animal Kingdom
This place is amazing and was a really lovely calm space away from the madness of the park. Brett had a Libel Libation (rum, banana rum, guava and pineapple)

and I had a Hightower Rocks (tequila, watermelon and lime).

Both were really good and refreshing. We found the bars that had their own menu rather than the standard Disney one made the better cocktails. I dont usually order tequila but I had it in quite a few cocktails on honeymoon.

Victoria and Alberts, Grand Floridian
The service here was second to none from the start. It is really slick and professional. The atmosphere is the perfect mix of calm and sophisticated. We were shown to our table and congratulated on our wedding. I was given a stool for my handbag and we were handed personalised menus.

They had asked us in advance if we had any dislikes but we decided to just trust them and have whatever they offered us. My only criticism would be that our table was in the middle and not the side. This is nothing to do with V&A, just my personal preference. We do fine dining quite a lot at home and i always feel like people are staring at us, Im not sure if it is because we are young or have lots of tattoos but I often feel a bit uncomfortable in high end places so i like to be sat out of the way- we like nice food though so it doesnt stop us going anywhere. There was an older couple behind us and I felt like they were watching us all evening but we had waited a long time for this experience so I didnt let them bother us. We declined the wine pairing and were brought the cocktail menu on an Ipad. They were all in the range of $25-$30 each. I forgot to note what we had and I cant find a menu anywhere online but Brett had a very fancy old-fashioned

and a creamy rum concoction

I had a blood orange champagne creation

and a gin based one with lavender foam.

We had three bread courses throughout the evening, each with a different butter and sea salt. There was a standard French roll with butter and Himalayan Sea Salt,

a Focaccia Olive Bread with olive butter

and a Herb Brioche Bread.

The olive bread was the best one by far but they were all delicious warm with the butter and salt melted into it.

The Amuse Bouche (Imperial Caviar with Ocean Kiss Oysters) was delicious, we have had caviar before and really enjoy it even though it is quite a strong flavour. We declined the $300 (!) caviar enhancement but the lady behind us had it and it looked beautiful. We have never tried oysters before but these werent served in the traditional way- they were tempura!

Seafood is our favourite so we were really looking forward to the fish courses. Maine Lobster, Saffron and Paprika Gremolata was served cold and it was really soft, not at all chewy like lobster can sometimes be.

Glacier 51 Toothfish and Alaskan Crab with French White Asparagus was beautiful, the fish just fell apart and the sauce complemented it really well.

We were also given another Amuse Bouche to cleanse the pallet between the fish and main courses which isnt listed on the menu but it was a pasta filled with truffle served with foam cheese sauce. This was incredibly rich in flavour but probably one of our favourite courses.

Moving onto the meat and probably my favourite course of the night Poussin Ballotine with Gnocci and House Made Ricotta - it was full of flavour and really rich. We have chicken regularly at home but I am reluctant to order it in a restaurant as it is usually dry- this was the complete opposite, it was so juicy. Gnocci is another dish I find can be bland but this paired with the ricotta cheese was to die for.

The Lamb Loin with Dates and Garbanzo Bean Croquettes was cooked to perfection, I love my red meat to be as rare as possible and this was very pink. This was Bretts favourite course of the evening.

Next was the Australian Kobe Beef with Bone Marrow. We debated adding the Miyazaki beef but stuck to the Kobe and it didnt disappoint. It was a really strong flavour especially combined with the bone marrow. It was a decent sized piece too so we definitely didnt need the extra meat. The potatoes were also really good, light and fluffy with a hint of salt.

We moved onto the cheese course. They no longer do a traditional cheese plate and instead it was a little cheese puff that had a cheese topping and cheese filling. The cheese they used was Mimolette. It was beautiful and I am not usually a fan of really strong cheese but I really enjoyed this. Brett also thought this was one of the best courses on the menu.

It was time for dessert and the menu came with two courses. White Peach Melba Parfait was tart and sweet- I love how fresh the fruit is in Florida.

The second dessert isnt listed for some reason but from memory it was vanilla and meringue with a Brandy snap basket. Brett was hoping for chocolate dessert courses but they were both fruit based. They were absolutely delicious though and really sweet.

Brett had the coffee course, mainly to see the fancy machine and said it was really nice.

He also tried some of the chocolates and said they were to die for. I was in too much of a food coma to notice what he chose but I dont think you can go wrong with home-made truffles.

After 3.5 hours, the evening was over and we were presented with our menus, Banana Bread from the Grand Floridian Bakery and a rose for me. It was a wonderful experience and the best way to start married life. I am glad we saved up the extra to be able to do this. It isnt the cheapest thing to do but we love eating out so we always had the plan to do this. They put a lot of effort into coming up with flavours that work well together and complement each other. We have done tasting menus before so we know that the flavours are rich and intense but Victoria and Alberts was on another level. It is definitely worth trying as a special treat.
Unread 9 Jun 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 1
wow to the Victoria and Albert meal, really hope that we can do that next time we're in Orlando (better start saving!)
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Californivacation
Unread 9 Jun 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
princessnicki
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
wow to the Victoria and Albert meal, really hope that we can do that next time we're in Orlando (better start saving!)
It was amazing, definitely worth doing