Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
My Magic Holiday
Unread 1 Aug 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle88
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Thanks for the interest. Will definitely spur me on. Ironically Im currently sat at Gatwick to fly to a family wedding tomorrow. 5 nights until the real deal ✈️

So our ADR choices (subject to my endless second guessing &#128514

Breakfasts:
Chef mickeys
Tusker house
Crystal Palace
Garden grill
Be our guest
Hollywood and vine
Akershus
Bon voyage

Lunch:
Yak and yeti
Tonys parade package
Mama Melrose
Via Napoli

Dinners:
Raglan Road
Homecomin
Teppan edo
Sanaa
San Angel Inn or Toledo (undecided)
1900 park fare
50s prime time
Storybook dining
Be Our Guest
Rose and crown (illuminations package)
California Grill

As you can see, Ive gone massively over on credits but I know we can amend as possible. Just to decide on San Angel or Toledo and I think were good to go. 👍🏼
Belle88 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday Take 2
Unread 1 Aug 19, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Apprentice Imagineer

Following. Have a safe journey, not long to go now. Looking forward to your first food report.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Can't wait to get there!
Unread 3 Aug 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
VIP Dibber

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 1
sounds great, looking forward to your report
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Californivacation
Unread 3 Aug 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You have got some great ADR choices there! Weve got quite a few the same. Cant wait to hear all about them. 😋

Kat
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Half Term In New York X
Unread 3 Aug 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
scouse_minx
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Amazing ADR choices! Cant wait to read along
scouse_minx is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Aug 19, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Good choices to have though! 😄👌
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
We're going back...Jambo!
Unread 4 Aug 19, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

We have a few of the same choices,of ADRs will look forward to reading along 😁 have a fantastic time
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Trip to Coronado this time
Unread 6 Aug 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle88
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Pre travel day - Thyme Bar and Grill Gatwick North

So its finally D day - the day before Disney. We are staying at the Premier Inn ahead of our flight tomorrow - not because its early but because Im a massive stresshead 🙈 The excitement has reached fever pitch; I wish I could bottle this feeling of knowing were going to our happy place tomorrow!

We ate dinner in the restaurant in the hotel. I prebooked the meal deal for 26 per person including a 2 course meal with a drink and breakfast. The kids meal deal was 7.50 for 3 courses and a drink and they get breakfast for free so thats not too bad. I thought Id review this meal to get into the swing of taking photos of my food 😂 also I know lots of us stay here pre flight. Just a tip I picked up from here: Email to book a table for the time you want prior to arriving as the queue was pretty long when we got here.

Atmosphere - the restaurant is nice and airy. We could see the shuttle coming from the south terminal which was exiting for the kids. No colouring or anything was provided which was a bit of a shame but overall its a nice place to eat in.

Service - this was excellent. Our waitress did try to up charge a little but she was excellent at reading cues. The service was really quick throughout the first part of the meal. Couldnt fault this at all.

Food - We all ordered starters:

Chicken meatballs from the kids menu - I think this proves you do eat with your eyes. These looked very unappealing and therefore I couldnt convince either of my kids to try them. After a gentle nudge, my husband tried one and said they were ok, a bit dry and not overly tasty.

Cheesy garlic bread - does what it says on the tin. Was a hit with both the kids so its a 👍🏼

Tomato bruschetta - the pinnacle of bruschetta is pizza express original, and compared to that, this was a bit of a let down. It just felt quite dry. The tomatoes and onions tasted fresh but it was nothing overly special.

Riblets - husband was underwhelmed. He said that the meat slid off the bone so easily it felt like that had been over boiled. He finished them so cant have been that bad!

Mains:

Steak and chips from the childrens menu - my son was made up that this was an option. He had his steak cooked medium and he said it was a 10/10 except they served it with peppers (how dare they put vegetables on his plate 😂&#128514

Penne in tomato sauce from the childrens menu - basic but a real bit. My 3 year old ate every bite!

Greek salad - I decided to go for the healthy option ahead of two weeks of indulgence. This was a perfectly fine salad but I did wish Id chosen something slightly more filling once Id finished it!

Surf and turf - this was a 2 supplement. Husband enjoyed the meat (which he had cooked rare) and the prawns. Did not like the chips - too soggy. Nothing worse than a soggy chip 👎

Overall this meal was a 3/5. Service was exceptional but the food was hit and miss. With so few options around here, it is definitely the best option for a stress free pre flight evening. Now to try and sleep. Tomorrow we go to Disney 😀😀😀😃
Belle88 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday Take 2
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less