Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Kenwood Travel
Unread 8 Aug 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have stayed at the Premier in at the North Terminal a couple of times now, but never actually eaten there! Not sure i will be now after your review.

Looking forward to following along with the rest!

Zellotape is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Family trip to AKL
Unread 8 Aug 19, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle88
Earning My Ears

Mobile

So were here! It was an eventful travel day to say the least. It started with a person who was wanted by the police attempting to board the plane. When the police went to arrest him at the gate, all the family kicked off. We ended up with police rushing through and CS spray being used. With this, and a bad storm meaning arrival of 5 planes all at once, we didnt get checked in until 3am UK time 😴

Onto the food on the plane ...
Here is the menu we had on the plane

And the drinks available

We started with a drinks service and some pretzels. Husband ended up with four packs as we werent fans of the sour cream flavour. I enjoyed my wine though 😀

The children got their meal really quickly which was nice. The usual cheesy pasta but they ate most of it. The bear yo-yos got left but Ive never met a single child who really liked these anyway!?

I pre ordered the vegetarian/vegan option which was a butter bean stew with spinach parcels. I enjoyed this as it was a bit spicy with varied textures. The apple crisps werent a hit but the rest I was impressed with.

Finally husband ordered the chilli. He was so aggrieved at having to wait so much longer than all of us who had pre ordered, he had scoffed it before I got a chance to take a photo.

The rest of the flight was uneventful although I missed a chance of photographing the afternoon tea as I was acting as a pillow for a 7 year old. I enjoyed the little sandwich though- good combination of mozzarella and pesto and the scone was lovely too.

After the arrivals fiasco, we ended up not eating any further meals. My husband did offer to go and get some chocolate at the airport. He came back with undoubtedly the worlds most expensive bar of dairy milk - 10 dollars. He still hasnt got over it 😂

Will update with chef mickeys when I can. Off now for a dip in the pool. Thanks for anyone following along 👍🏼
Belle88 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday Take 2
Unread 8 Aug 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle88
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Chef Mickeys breakfast

As we were back so late, I thought perhaps we might beat the dreaded jet lag but 4.30am rolled round and everyone was wide awake. I was glad Id booked a 7.25am reservation at Chef Mickeys to kick start the holiday. We left Art of Animation about 6.10 and managed to get on a bus pretty much straight away. We were held at Magic Kingdoms security until 6.45am and then allowed through as we had a reservation. It was just a 10 minute walk to the Contemporary from there.

Atmosphere - Chef Mickeys gets mixed reviews but I love the location with the buzz of the monorail and the views of the lagoon. We were in a nice airy part of the restaurant and, especially with it being our first morning, the lively (and loud! ) nature of it there suited us.

Service - Our server was ok. She was welcoming enough. Drink refills were hard to come by but overall I think service here was good. Someone also came by to check each table had seen all the characters which I thought was nice.

Food - We checked in at 7am despite our reservation being a bit later which was a bonus. The food was all fresh out and readily refilled. I enjoyed my first cheesy breakfast potatoes of the trip (I have dreamt about these ever since we last came 😍&#128525. Here are some buffet plates below:

This was cheesy potatoes, breakfast potatoes, tofu scramble, asparagus, bacon and sausage. I loved all of these except the tofu (consistency was a bit too spongy for me).

This was eggs Benedict type thing, sausage, bacon, corn beef hash, cheesy potatoes, ham and cheese scramble. All a big hit!

They have a lowered childrens buffet which was nice. This is my sons plate of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, tater tots and French toast. He ate really well here which was great. The only non starter was the French toast which was disgusting in his words.

Finally my daughter did the classic thing of being far too excited about the characters to eat a bite of food. In the end I resorted to chocolate based foods and ended up paying $28 for her to eat some chocolate chips 😂😂 I ate her waffles and they were delicious! Are you even in Disney world if youre not eating something shaped like a mouse!

Character experience - It does feel somewhat like a conveyor belt in this place. The characters did a cuddle and then an autograph and then on their way. Goofy was great and made a few jokes with my son by crossing out all the other characters on his T-shirt and saying he was number one. The interactions can be rushed here which is why its good to try somewhere like Garden Grill as well where they tend to have more time to spend with you.

Overall it is an expensive meal. I can see how its good value on the dining plan (ours doesnt start until we change resorts tomorrow) but it suited us as it gave our only non park day a real Disney kick. Here is the receipt so people can get an idea of a cost of a character breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children along with recommended tip amounts 😊

Belle88 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday Take 2
Unread 9 Aug 19, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great start! Love the fact you are having asparagus for breakfast, how decadent. 😂😂 I agree with you about tofu not something I associate with breakfast, Im not a fan. 🤔.

The sausage and bacon(I love American crispy bacon) look tasty 😋

Have a great day.

Kat
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Half Term In New York X
Unread 9 Aug 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Forest32
Serious Dibber

Mobile

The chocolate chips for breakfast made me laugh! My son will do exactly the same, then say hes hungry half an hour later! Hope the rest of the day went well
Forest32 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our WDW Holiday OKW
Unread 9 Aug 19, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

nadya's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
All sounds good we are going to premier inn north in 13 days time,so good to see a review of the food.Have a great trip!
DVC MEMBER
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dvc trip
Unread 10 Aug 19, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle88
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Landscape of Flavours Art of Animation

So after our breakfast and some time by the pool we started to feel a bit hungry around lunch. We decided to get one pizza (8 slices) to split between us for 15.49 before tax. This was definitely cost effective and also delicious. We all really liked the pizza; it has lots of sauce and cheese and a nice thick base. Massive hit!

The kids were desperate for a cupcake and I really wanted to try the smores cookie I had seen on Disney Food Blog. The cookie was an Oreo mickey cookie with butter cream. It was lovely and the children really enjoyed it. I would definitely repeat this as a snack credit. The smores cookie lived up to the hype. It was crumbly and sweet and sticky and glorious. I am still considering returning to Art of animation solely for it 😂😂

Our WDW Holiday Take 2
Unread 10 Aug 19, 01:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle88
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Amorettes Patisserie at Disney Springs

We had a reservation at Raglan Road for dinner but I was desperate for the imagination pink champagne and chocolate mickey. This was an expensive treat. I loved the pink white chocolate mickey ears but be warned the pink dusting gets everywhere. The champagne was lovely and bubbly but very sweet. We also grabbed a Mickey Mouse cake to share. This was really delicious. It is a white chocolate mousse with chocolate cake and chocolate chips. We all fought over it. This was an expensive detour but in my opinion it was totally worth it. The cakes they have in this shop are worth a look alone! 😍😍

Our WDW Holiday Take 2
Florida Escapes