Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 Aug 19, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle88
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Reading along.

I haven't booked my airport hotel yet (as we changed flights) but if I end up in the Premier Inn I don't think I will be eating there. I am curious to try Raglan Road, but not sure if it might be too loud for us.
I love the premier inn for how affordable it is and how convenient to walk to the terminal but the food definitely isn’t a selling point.

It was quite loud in the main room. The side room was much better volume wise so might be worth considering 👍🏼
Belle88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle88
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Tusker House

So today was resort move day from AofA to POFQ. This was also the start of our package including park tickets and dining plan. We were up and packed by 6.30 and left our luggage with luggage assistance to be transferred. We opted to get a Minnie van to check in at POFQ which was really easy using the Lyft app. I have a promotion for 20% off first 10 rides which also applies so worked out about $18.

At POFQ the lady checking us in said that our reservation was showing no dining credits 😰 After a phone call she said she couldn’t resolve it until after 8am and our reservation for Tusker House was 8.25. In the end she said to pay out of pocket and come back for them to apply it as a TS credit later.

We got to the park to find our tickets weren’t working on our magic bands either 😫 By this point I was starting to feel a bit stressed but thankfully guest relations managed to sort it and also confirmed our dining plan was up and running so panic over!

We checked in for Tusker House and went straight in. Our sever was brilliant again and immediately got us all coffee and POG juice which was absolutely delicious. After the stress of the morning I also decided to treat myself to a mimosa which is sparkling wine with POG juice. It was lovely.

I didn’t take any buffet pictures but here are our plates. What I love about Tusker is the range of healthy options they have including multiple salads. I really enjoyed these along with the usual breakfast choices.

My husband got a range of things including the curry options 😂😂 He said it felt weird eating it for breakfast but he still enjoyed it!

Finally the kids buffet had the usual things although the waffles are lion king themed which was cute. Sorry id already began to cut it up before I took the photo 🙈

The characters were good. The interactions were brief as always but they did a little parade with goofy around the restaurant which was really sweet.

Here is the bill for an idea of prices. I loved this buffet and would definitely do it again if we come back to Disney World 😀😀

Belle88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 19, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It sounds like you're having a fab holiday. The cocktails at Raglan Road look really good, and your table was in a great position. Haven't had a Tuskers breakfast for a few years now, it is so good though.

Looking forward to the next update.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List