Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Nov 21, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
I love that you’ve come to finish off your report!
I’m enjoying reminiscing and also compiling our wish list for next year

I have a few random days coming up with very little in the way of pics.

My phone is also ghost scrolling again which makes it very hard finding photos from 2 years ago!

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Citricos

We had a pre firework reservation here which worked really well. We just hopped on the monorail afterwards and arrived just in time.
I have hardly any photos. I think OH was in a mood on this evening. 😬

Your guess is as good as mine as to the details but it wasn’t a massive hit for us. It was fine and perfectly nice, but nothing special tbh.
I’m guessing DS had a pea soup which isn’t particularly nicely presented!
Perhaps that’s creme fraiche in there?

Mine was a beetroot and almond salad I think?

I had the scallops with risotto.
I’ve never had nicely cooked scallops in Disney. I felt the same at Flying Fish and assumed it was a one-off but it seems it’s not. There’s no crispy sear on the outside and they don’t turn them either (I’ve checked the underside every time) so you just end up with a samey texture throughout. Disappointing
Not horrible or anything but not what I’d expect in a signature.

DS had some kind of fish dish by the look of things with mussels and prawns

I cannot tell you what it was but I do seem to remember it was nice. Possibly involved matcha?

Possibly tiramisu or some sort of syllabub?

Some sort of chocolate thing.
Same old, same old.
I LOVE chocolate but really don’t enjoy chocolate based desserts or chocolate that’s melted or warm 🥴 (spoiler alert, there’s one coming up in Toledo that I really did like!

We all remember that Citrico’s is not a winner for us. We wouldn’t go again I don’t think.
The styling in the restaurant was migraine inducing too! 😂 Everything clashes!
* I think OH was already fed up with being tied to reservations.
He was back to his normal self after the main

Edited at 11:16 AM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Chef Art Smith’s

I cannot believe this is a single credit

We’d eaten at a fair few signatures due to all the credits we had and this was better than a fair few of them. We really felt that the obvious choice signatures were complacent and just weren’t hitting the mark at all.

The portions are way too big (they really should address that tbh!) but the food really is excellent.

We had the following
Not sure what these are but OH clearly had beer

I had fried green tomatoes and ham.
This is a starter 😱

Now that is a prawn/shrimp cocktail!

DS had hush puppies

The starters were excellent. We were restrained though otherwise we’d have never have even tried the mains!

My fish was excellent. Didn’t love the greens. They were a bit too stewed down for me and very bland.
I think this was chicken under all the lettuce. Whatever it was, OH really enjoyed it.

DS had the chicken and doughnuts. He thought this was really good. The chicken was still really moist

We declined desserts but our server sent us away with a key like pie and I think the Hummingbird cake?

No photo of the cake but those 2 were both delicious. I think these were the only desserts we took away and actually ate in their entirety. I kept taking a sneaky forkful when I passed the fridge 🐷

Edited at 11:58 AM.
Old 25 Nov 21, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Morimoto Asia
We met up with friends for dinner and I didn’t subject them food photos. Therefore I have nothing visual for you. (I’ll try and google some pics to add)
However, we all loved it here.
The food and service were both excellent.

Cocktails were great!

We had considered the duck but were advised against it. I think they’ve possibly had a fair few people expecting crispy duck which it isn’t
As duck isn’t my favourite meat tbh, we chose something else.
Mains wise, I know we shared between the 3 of us. DS chose Buri-Bop, OH chose ribs and I have a vague memory of having some sort of steak. Possibly mongolian fillet. I have just looked at the menu and it seems considerably smaller than it was.
I’m sure we were allowed to choose vegetable sides instead of our starters. It’s worth checking what the deal is actually if dining plan returns as I really can’t remember. I just know it was 1 credit for lunch and 2 for dinner (same menu!)
The Buri-Bop was the stand out. I loved that.

Now, funny story…
OH and I always discuss our choices so we can share. These particular friends don’t! When the sever came to take our order I heard Wagyu mentioned but I was chatting to the other friend so didn't really pay much attention.
Shortly after the order was taken, a chef arrived at the table with the server with a certificate for wagyu friend and there was a bit of fuss which we were all fairly baffled by.

When the mains arrived, the wagyu was cooked table side on hot rocks and I must admit, there seemed to be so much that towards the end, it all looked a bit grey and I thought to myself a) that’s a much more generous portion than I expected and b) I probably wouldn’t order that.
It was offered around and as it didn’t look that nice, I declined. OH and DS tried some

We all had a lovely night, the bills arrived, I paid our tip and any extras but as they weren’t on dining plan they had a separate bill.

Wagyu friend opened his and then started giggling…
He had completely missed-read the menu (saw minimum 3oz order and read it as it being 3oz for the price quoted)
And ordered $340 worth of steak alone 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

No wonder they made such a fuss of him. We were all crying with laughter. I just couldn’t stop. Their bill was about $600 I think
DS and their son were shouting out ‘what a Mis STEAK to make’ and we were just past the point of no return where you just cannot stop laughing.

Anyway, as we calmed ourselves down, said our goodbyes and headed off to the bus OH had a news alert pop up with the headline ‘Ricky Hatton orders £830 steak by accident’
Well that was us sat down on the floor laughing for the next 5 minutes! 🤣

A great, albeit expensive (for some 🤣 ) night

I have a photo of said friend with the bill and certificate but I won’t put him on here. I just saw it and started chucking again. They have framed the certificate and put it up at home 😂

Edited at 01:24 PM.
Old 25 Nov 21, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Oh I love a food report and its been so long since I read one.
Thanks for taking the time
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Wow what a story about the wagyu steak.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Flame tree BBQ

A very brief AK snack to share. We always flounder in AK food wise.
Anyway, this was quite nice and kept us going until the eve

Pulled pork topped fries

This may have been our first snack credit actually! We were just using them for drinks I think.
That’s the issue with DXDDP, no snacks wanted/needed

Even I enjoyed these and I’m not a huge meat eater

Edited at 10:28 PM.
Old 25 Nov 21, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Monsieur Paul

Fantastic place. Definitely one of the best signatures IMO

I seem to have very few pics but I know we thoroughly enjoyed every bite.
Perfect sized dishes. We left having had 3 courses but not horribly full.

We had the loveliest server here but he was new and he really wasn’t very good 😂😂
Charming, but serving really wasn’t his gig!

Surely a G&T? Can’t imagine I’d have snapped a water?!
DS was chuckling over his Orangina served at the same time as a mini baguette… he’d worn his striped top on purpose after the incident in Miami

Nice bread

The only slight gripe with this meal was that we ordered the wine parings and despite waiting for a painfully long time after our food arrived and then giving up and eating, the wine arrived well after we’d finished. We did express that it wasn’t really ok (nicely) and our very sweet server scurried off to get a manager who was a bit of an obnoxious so and so. Very dismissive and really didn’t care less which made a minor gripe more of an issue.
We had desserts which were excellent

We would definitely revisit. This was possibly the best food on property

Edited at 10:56 PM.
Old 25 Nov 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Agree that Monsieur Paul is the best food on property it’s my absolute must do every year

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
Agree that Monsieur Paul is the best food on property it’s my absolute must do every year
I think it will be for us too.
We loved having DXDDP. On standard DDP we found we didn’t have enough credits if we wanted to eat at any signatures and obviously this plan is more than you need! However, there aren’t loads of ‘must dash back’ places for us tbh.
They were fine but convenience definitely plays a huge part on the popularity.

Edited at 07:49 AM.