Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Dec 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Thanksgiving meal was a fab and is now firmly an annual event for us.

Oh no, you missed HOB, but it can be forgiven for cheesecake factory. Kate didn't mind that you missed it as there's always next time. Plus, would you believe it but on our one and only trip to Cheesecake Factory (it was on our
Boston trip winter 2017) Kate had the chicken quesadilla as a main. We didn't manage to get dessert ad we were so stuffed. So you did really well. The cheesecake always looks so yummy we will have to make the effort to go back.

I'm looking forward to your round up as I'm keen to see what the highlights were and your favourite meals. I'll be making ADRs in January, that has come around really fast, so I need to know where to book up!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I remember reading about Monsieur Paul on theCMG's report and it looked just as nice then. Just such a shame it would be no good for us with the kids I would absolutely love that giant Ferrero Rocher! A fab meal and the price doesn't seem so bad for a signature either.

Your Thanksgiving lunch looks so nice. I do think next year you and Abby should create a thread and post them!

Such a shame you ended up missing HoB. See I'd have been determined to beat the plan so I'd have purposely ate somewhere are CSR just to use the credits but it looks like you really enjoyed Cheesecake Factory. Was this the one at Vinelands? We must try the food here on our next offsite trip.

Thanks for a fab report Colette X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Thanksgiving meal was a fab and is now firmly an annual event for us.

Oh no, you missed HOB, but it can be forgiven for cheesecake factory. Kate didn't mind that you missed it as there's always next time. Plus, would you believe it but on our one and only trip to Cheesecake Factory (it was on our
Boston trip winter 2017) Kate had the chicken quesadilla as a main. We didn't manage to get dessert ad we were so stuffed. So you did really well. The cheesecake always looks so yummy we will have to make the effort to go back.

I'm looking forward to your round up as I'm keen to see what the highlights were and your favourite meals. I'll be making ADRs in January, that has come around really fast, so I need to know where to book up!
I was absolutely not leaving without Cheesecake haha. I'd definitely recommend you go back. Whilst we were driving there we saw them building a new one nearer Disney which I am sure is going to be really busy!

I am having a bit of a panic about writing a round up as it all feels so long ago now!

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I remember reading about Monsieur Paul on theCMG's report and it looked just as nice then. Just such a shame it would be no good for us with the kids I would absolutely love that giant Ferrero Rocher! A fab meal and the price doesn't seem so bad for a signature either.

Your Thanksgiving lunch looks so nice. I do think next year you and Abby should create a thread and post them!

Such a shame you ended up missing HoB. See I'd have been determined to beat the plan so I'd have purposely ate somewhere are CSR just to use the credits but it looks like you really enjoyed Cheesecake Factory. Was this the one at Vinelands? We must try the food here on our next offsite trip.

Thanks for a fab report Colette X
There was a family with two little girls on the table next to us in MP so children very welcome.

If Toledo or Three Bridges had been open for lunch I'd definitely have used our remaining credits there although we'd probably have got just as wet walking to them as we would have at Disney Springs!

It was at Mall of Millenia. We had never been there before so it was really exciting, although we didn't have time to shop.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Cheesecake Factory looks yum, one of my favourite lunch spots
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Mobile

So close to defeating the plan! Next time! I really enjoyed following along. Your Thanksgiving meal looks great! We did one too (not til Sunday though as we had just moved house so had to unpack the kitchen first!) We went for turkey, mash, roasted sweet potatoes, Brussel sprouts fried with bacon, and brocolli, followed by cherry pie (made by Tesco not me!)

Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

One last meal at Gatwick before flying back to Scotland.

Back at Sonama again, where it all began We decided to share a starter and a main.

Sriracha Rotisserie Chicken Wings Rotisserie wings with spicy lime mayo

Original Joe's Our beef patty, cheddar cheese, smoky peach bbq + house sauce, pickles + salad garnish

Really enjoyed both of these, particularly the wings. The restaurant is owned by the same company as F&Bs but I thought it was much better.

A sound choice if you are at Gatwick but I did see they are opening a Shake Shack. Almost enough to make me want to go indirect.

This was around Ł25 including drinks, pretty good value for the airport.

Next, I have to somehow round everything up!

Thank you for sticking with me guys, it's taken longer than I expected to get everything written up. The trip feels a lifetime ago now.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 19, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
So close to defeating the plan! Next time! I really enjoyed following along. Your Thanksgiving meal looks great! We did one too (not til Sunday though as we had just moved house so had to unpack the kitchen first!) We went for turkey, mash, roasted sweet potatoes, Brussel sprouts fried with bacon, and brocolli, followed by cherry pie (made by Tesco not me!)

The pie does look very American! You should have taken the credit for it

Never done roasted sweet potatoes before! How did they turn out?

Looks lush, nothing better than a roast dinner as far as I'm concerned.
Old 2 Dec 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thank you for taking the time to do your trippie :spin really enjoyed reading along

Joan
Old 2 Dec 19, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
eeyore
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Wow what a good report. Loved it. Have dived in and binge read chunks as you've been writing and it has given me loads of ideas. Thank you so much
Old 3 Dec 19, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Really pleased you got to Cheesecake Factory We had our first visit in May and plan on going to the new one when open.

Really enjoyed reading your report and for sharing. Given me some things to consider
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List