Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Accommodation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info
Unread 26 Oct 19, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not a villa owner but having had a poor experience with a villa (was advertised on the dibb when I booked but not after we returned from our trip) in the past I would agree that you should make every effort to ensure future guests know what they will actually find on arrival.

I'm still annoyed over 2 years later...
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by ELLENUT View Post
OMG thats horrific. I am not a villa owner but I suggest you go ahead. Imagine if others had reviewd this honestly, you may have been spared this experience. I would do a counter review as suggested and point them in the direction of your slideshow. You have the responses from airbnb to back up your review too. Good luck.
Thank you. It puzzles me that all the other reviews are good. Either the place was stripped and left just before we visited or they are not genuine? But grime like that builds up over time. As for the toilet seat

Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
Post the feedback, rip into them in a big way, then either set up a new AirBnB account (assuming you can do this - Ive never used them so cant comment), or simply refrain from using AirBnB again.

Horrible experience, and a lot of money to pay for what you got.
Thank you . I cant set up a new account as you have to provide id but my husband can open one if need be.

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
Yuck, those photos make me feel sick.
Yes us too. I cried.

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I am a villa owner what you have shown is totally unacceptable
They deserve to have an honest review you have the evidence
Totally different from somebody who just wants a free holiday and complains after a 14 night stay during which they haven't contacted the management company or owner once yes they do exist
Things can go wrong just like they do at home but it's how they are dealt with by the owner that makes a difference
Example
The guests we have in came home yesterday to no power now we'd had an alert on our system to say it was off
Duke Energy had very kindly cut us off for supposed non payment of the bill it took us 2 hours to sort it out we had payed the bill
Our MC was in constant touch and as soon as it was back on checked the house to make sure everything was working and give the guests a
Gift card for Walmart as an apology even though they were not in the least bothered as we were on the case as soon as we knew it wasn't a power outage
Helen thank you. You are so kind to reply when you have so much going on in your world. Its the fact he wont acknowledge what we have shown him that made me so mad. Its like we have made it up !

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Dear God! Those photos remind me of the toilets on a building site back in the 1970's.

I am a firm believer in not dwelling on things and moving on. However for certain issues I am like a dog with a bone and this would be one of them

I would be putting in the challenge as advised by Airbnb and would pursue this to the nth degree. If the owners 'love the place' they obviously enjoy living in squalor and are totally lacking in respect and values. Go get them.
Thank you. Honestly, there are worse pics than these . It was grim. I felt completely scammed by the listing.

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Disgraceful, but I can't work out what the last picture is supposed to be even.
Its an extension that isnt mentioned anywhere in the listing. It was visible from the pool deck and accessed via the garage. Not secured. Had windows missing and an open door. So anyone could have got into the house through this and via the garage if the internal garage door was open. I didnt actually see it until daylight. My husband saw it the night before and didnt tell me as he knew I would freak out and I was already on the ceiling with the stress of it.

Originally Posted by Reunion View Post
Also a villa owner... but also a regular user of AirBnB for work stays all over the world!

Firstly, what you have pictured is an absolute disgrace and I am glad AirBnB gave your a refund.

We had a similar experience recently in Houston with the apartment not matching the pictures. The owner left me a negative review! Since then we have stayed in several more apartments and each time got great reviews. I replied to the owner's review and left future guests with a true reflection of the state of the apartment and the behaviour of the owner. He went very quiet and the listing has now been taken down. So as the others have said, pursue it as far as you can... and he won't get away with it!

Good luck.
Thank you. Thats really encouraging. I only have 3 Airbnb reviews as a guest and now one third of them is bad !

Thanks all for the replies. I will finish my slide show and you can see the full picture when I post a link to you tube in my trippie !

From the Bayou to the Beach - latest trip report index here ]
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Always dreaming ...
Unread 26 Oct 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Have used AirBnB twice and not sure would again. First time everything was fine and that was when we went to Scotland for the Commonwealth Games. Second time we were in Sheffield for our ds wedding and needed to hire somewhere for the week. Arranged everything and then then 2 days before we were due to go were told they had sold the flat and it was no longer available. They wanted to move us to another flat which was inconvenient and charge us more. We said no and wanted a refund at which point they said they would not charge extra and offered us a parking space. Guess they did not want to pick up costs. To make matters worse when we arrived found the original place was not sold but being advertised at a higher price. Not used AirBnB since.
JAF is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Oct 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Not a villa owner but having had a poor experience with a villa (was advertised on the dibb when I booked but not after we returned from our trip) in the past I would agree that you should make every effort to ensure future guests know what they will actually find on arrival.

I'm still annoyed over 2 years later...
Thank you. I feel quite deceived and that is one thing but the bad review and lack of acknowledgement is what has got me frothing!

From the Bayou to the Beach - latest trip report index here ]
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Always dreaming ...
Unread 26 Oct 19, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Apprentice Imagineer

What a horrible experience for you. Even if the owner did say he/she would put things right it could not be done whilst you were staying. This looks like a total scam, hope Air B&B take down the listing.
going back at last
Unread 26 Oct 19, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

Mobile

I'll be on my 80th Florida rental next year so I'll take that as my qualification to comment!

This whole thing is very puzzling.

That grime hasn't just built up over a short period so how come recent reviews are positive?

Are they fakes? I can't see anyone posting that that place is "sparkling clean"

Did the photos in the listing show the same outside views or have you been sent to a ringer?

You need to do a counter review because although you've got your money back you also went through a horrid experience so why shouldn't you tell it like it is?

I think you should do the best you can to alert future renters to what the place is really like so they don't have to go through it too.

Obviously only airbnb can help any who have already booked and paid and who might not see your review.

Is it still listed?

I've never seen anything like it. It's very strange.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yeah, I'm goin' to Jackson (ville)
Unread 26 Oct 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
OMG that is absolutely awful. If you had seen those photos beforehand, I'm sure you wouldn't have booked. So you'd be helping other holiday makers avoid a nasty experience by posting the pics.

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
5 do WDW for my 50th Birthday!
Unread 26 Oct 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Thank you. I feel quite deceived and that is one thing but the bad review and lack of acknowledgement is what has got me frothing!
Yeah we had a similar experience (although thankfully the villa we rented was not on the scale of yours). We were basically told that there was nothing wrong and they didn't understand why we were unhappy.

Sorry you had such a rubbish experience
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote