Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 8 Nov 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
xuntitledx
Excited about Disney

Pre-travel day!

It started out with me finishing a some work that came in last night and then finishing as much packing as possible.

Were not travelling particularly light - 3x checked bags and 3x cabin bags!

Then off to get my nails done - I always get them done at the John Lewis Beauty Retreat in Cheadle, they always do a brilliant job but it costs a lot more than many other places 🙈

Then over to TGI Fridays for dinner.

For drinks we had a Cosmo (me), unlimited soft drink (Pete) and Chocolate milkshake (Oscar).

Cosmo is always my cocktail of choice but I think Im going to try and be adventurous this trip and try some different choices...

So far so good...

Starters were a little mixed, I went for the bacon loaded potato skins. Unfortunately they werent cooked properly and were quite chunky and hard and had quite an unpleasant peppery after taste (Im a big fan of black pepper but this was a little off).

Pete went for the JD chicken strips and he thought they were great as always.

For mains, I chose the creamy chicken penne. It arrived draped in a (slightly wilted) rocket blanket! Hmm, slightly off putting when you cant even see whats underneath.

Thats better...

This was really tasty.

Pete had the triple stack burger with fries, this was an absolute monster! As you can imagine, this did not get finished but I did try a little bite and it was very nice indeed with the JD glaze over the top. Sticky though!

Oscars main was hot dog with smiley faces and beans (which he didnt eat) - the review from him was good, good, good, good, good!

I also ordered a side of the lobster mac and cheese - pasta on pasta is fine when youre on holiday, right?

OMG, this is absolutely amazing - you can really taste the lobster. Absolutely delicious!

After that feast, we couldnt face a pudding each but wed been enticed by a new menu offering - smores sundae so we ordered and shared.

This is made with biscoff biscuits, biscoff sauce, ice cream and toasted marshmallow on the top - which we thought may have been Fluff but was a bit thicker in consistency. Very sweet which you might struggle with individually but between 3 of us, it was just enough. A very nice end to the meal.

Our server Rik (who weve known for years) was amazing as always

72 including tip.

Im going to try and keep on top of this but bear with me, travel day tomorrow...

Edited at 09:02 PM.
xuntitledx is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First timers - All Star Movies
Unread 8 Nov 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
VIP Dibber

JanetteP's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Have a great trip, looking forward to more.

Janette
ALK, HRH Lakeside Haven September 2019, Lakeside Haven RPR May 2019. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa August 2018. SSR, Aurora Villa May 2018. Kidani AKL, RPR Champion Florida Villa 2017, Staybridge Suites LBV, White Blossom & Owens Villa 2016 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 2016, Magic Landings 2015, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 2012, Highgrove 2009, Legacy Park 2007, Indian Point 2006 and 2005, Florida Pines 2004

Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
AKL 2020
Unread 8 Nov 19, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 11
Mobile

Ooh I love a Cosmo! Shame about the mixed bag food wise. I hope you have a fab trip and I look forward to reading about it all.

Currently writing
Yo Ho, A Disney Life for Me - Summer 2020 pre trip
The Bare Necessities Summer 2019

Now complete Washington DC October 2019

All my old trip reports are here in one place
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ been and gone, back to CBR
Unread 9 Nov 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
xuntitledx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Travel day has finally arrived!

Up at 5am ready for taxi pick up at 7am, quite a relaxing morning really - do drama. Airport experience was great, no queue at check-in and quick to drop our bags off. Barely any queue at security and all the staff were brilliant.

Headed over to Frankie and Bennys for breakfast.

Drinks - pint of goose (Pete), mimosa (me) and a giant cookie crumble milkshake (Oscar) - spot the hidden Mickey!

For breakfast, Pete had the All American which he said was nice, although pancakes a little dry and not enough syrup!

Oscar has the chocolate and banana pancakes. Not sure how hungry he was this morning as he didnt demolish them like he usually would!

I had The Big One (minus black pudding, tomatoes and mushrooms and adding toast). This was very nice, the sausages were surprisingly good and the breakfast herbed potatoes were very tasty.

49.65 altogether which isnt too bad for airport food.

Just sitting on the plane (Jersey Girl) now getting ready to take off - see you on the other side!

xuntitledx is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 9 Nov 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
How exciting! ... safe journey, have a fantastic holiday

September 5-26th 2020 - 3 weeks @ Rosen Plaza
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Christmas!
Unread 9 Nov 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great start! 😆 I laughed when I saw all that rocket on the pasta!

We just got back last Saturday so itll be great to reminisce.

Following along.

Kat
WDW Onsite: OKW! - 2 Bed Villa October 2018
WDW onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Half Term In New York X
Unread 9 Nov 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Very Serious Dibber

Have a lovely time. Looking forward to this!
saratogajan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
return to Star Wars run
Unread 10 Nov 19, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
xuntitledx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Its 3am and Pete and I are wide awake 😭😭

We managed to push ourselves last night and didnt go to sleep until about 10pm so we were hoping to avoid a mega early start. Anyway, up now so lets crack on...

So, on to yesterdays flight. Weve never flown long haul before and all things considered, it really didnt feel like a 9 hour flight.

Drinks and mini pretzels came round first; I opted for a vodka orange and lemonade and a peppermint tea, Pete a beer and Oscar an orange juice.

The childrens meals came out first, Oscar had tomato and cheese pasta with mini cheddars and cheese to dip followed by a fruit winder and a chocolate mousse for pudding. Big thumbs up from him 👍🏻

Disappointingly, by the time they got round to serving the adult meals, they had run out of everything except for the tomato sausage and mash. The sausages were awful so I only ate the mash which wasnt too bad. Didnt bother with the side salad but the cheese and crackers were nice.

Too full for the chocolate pot but I tried a bit of Petes and it was nice - you could really taste the ginger in the salted caramel.

Afternoon tea came about 1.5 hours before landing. We didnt eat the sandwiches as we werent hungry but Pete and Oscar both enjoyed their scones with clotted cream and jam.

Arriving at the airport, immigration was relatively swift (a relief given some of the horror stories Ive read on here) but after that, the experience was quite poor. We felt like we trawled the entire airport going up and down and back across. Unfortunately we couldnt escape second bag drop but the whole process seemed really inefficient.

There was a ridiculous (almost hour) wait for the Magical Express which didnt exactly feel magical and then we arrived at the All Star Movies...

No pictures of us arriving as this whole experience was just shocking. Really very disappointing and Im going to aim to speak to a manager today. Our room wasnt ready, despite it being well after 6pm and then theyd tried to move us away from our preferred room due to their issue. After staying firm, they had someone turn over the room relatively quickly for us but then we found the room wasnt as clean as wed like and housekeeping had to come back. Not really the welcome home we were expecting and after 14 hours travelling, it was not appreciated.

Anyway, we unpacked and then headed for a (midnight) feast.

Pete and Oscar shared a slice of pepperoni pizza with a garlic bread stick and tomato and basil soup (not pictured). They both really enjoyed this and said the soup tasted really nice and homemade.

I had the lasagne with garlic bread stick. This had nice flavour and tasted quite homemade but the consistency of it was weird. There was barely any pasta so it was more like lasagne soup as no structure. Wouldnt have this again.

We paid out of pocket for this as our DXDDP credits are all accounted for. The total was $27.35 which we thought very reasonable.

So that ends our first day. Im hoping the magic kicks up a notch today as we are heading to Ohanas for an early breakfast, then Disney Springs for the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique photo shoot and then some shopping, followed by lunch at T-Rex.
QuickSilver