Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Members Trip Reports > Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports
Eat and Play Card
Unread 14 Nov 19, 12:23 AM  
Link to this Post
xuntitledx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hollywood Studio snacks used yesterday...

Non-alcoholic pina colada and punch. Really refreshing and needed in the heat.

Gingerbread holiday cookies! They look so pretty. Still in the packet though, a little more melted than yesterday 😉

Hot fudge sundaes with chocolate ice cream (Pete and I) and a brownie for Oscar. These were delicious. The fudge sauce was lovely.

xuntitledx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First timers - All Star Movies
Unread 14 Nov 19, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
xuntitledx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Breakfast this morning was at Tusker House.

The jungle juice mimosa was delicious!

I think the last few days were catching up with us as breakfast wasnt particularly exciting as we werent too hungry.

Large buffet selection and everything looked lovely but I fancied something a bit more plain this morning!

The character interaction was good but a little slow this morning.

Today we were bounding as Donald and Daisy!

I think were back there again later in the week so hopefully a more exciting report for you all 😂
xuntitledx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 14 Nov 19, 02:28 AM  
Link to this Post
xuntitledx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Animal Kingdom snacks...

We had a funny late lunch time today (3.25pm) so took advantage of a few snacks to tide us over between breakfast and lunch/dinner.

Cheeseburger pod (kids meal) from Satuli Canteen. We paid $8 out of pocket for this.

Weve read mixed reviews but we really enjoyed it. It did taste like a nicer version of a McDonalds burger and the vegetable crisps that came with it were tasty too.

We had a Night Blossom with this - I think its the nicest slushy weve had so far, the little balls on top were delicious and went really nicely with it.

We also got the loaded fries with pulled pork and cheese from Flametree BBQ. Absolutely loved these, really nice. What is it about plastic cheese that tastes so good?!

Unread 14 Nov 19, 02:50 AM  
Link to this Post
xuntitledx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Tiffins for dinner tonight, another one I was really looking forward to.

We started with Jens Tattoo cocktail for me and Kungaloosh draft ale for Pete. My cocktail was nice, very strong though! Petes beer was good, nice for an ale - not too strong (Ive told him he needs to be more descriptive for these trippies as everything is good or really good.

I started with the charred octopus. Ive never eaten octopus before but I love seafood so really fancied trying it. Ive always just been a little put off by the fact that it always looks like an octopus when plated...

This was a surprise! I did really enjoy it. The texture wasnt rubbery so it must have been cooked well and the accompaniments that went with it really brought it all together. Very tasty.

Pete went for the bread service. The poppadom and the parathi with chilli were yummy - I had them with my main. The coriander yogurt was a really nice dip to have with it also.

Oscar had the soup of the day which was tomato and basil, he says he didnt like it so didnt eat much - we tried it and it was good but not completely smooth which I think is what put him off.

For mains, I went for the butter chicken. This was just incredible, the flavours were amazing. One of the nicest things Ive eaten so far, or just generally.

Pete had the surf and turf (cooked well done! ) with fries as well as the potato. I tried the scallop and it was cooked beautifully. The steak was cremated but it was a lovely piece of meat.

Oscar had the grilled chicken and mac and cheese, both were cooked absolutely fine and tasted good.

For puds, I went for the special Lion King dessert which was caramel mousse on top of a brownie base.

How pretty does this look? Almost too good to eat!

I wasnt so keen on the brownie base (it didnt taste like a brownie to me) but the caramel mousse was very nice.

Pete had the trio of desserts. The ganache was too rich so he could only eat a small mouthful of this. The cheesecake was reconstructed which I dont think anyone actually likes but the flavour was good and the caramel mousse (as above) was also nice.

Oscar had the cookies and cream brownie - no complaints from him.

The bill would have been $196.76 and we couldnt help but compare it to the other bills so far which have been similar in price but half as good!

Would definitely recommend Tiffins, it was worth the 2x credits and has topped Tonys as the best meal so far.

Tomorrow we eat at Beauty and the Beast and then we have tickets to the MVMCP so well aim to eat at one of the counter services, plus lots of snacks.
Unread 14 Nov 19, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
xuntitledx
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Weve had a leisurely morning as were at MCMCP tonight so planning for a late one.

We had breakfast at the World Premier Food Court at the hotel.

Pete and I both had bounty platters, although Oscar stole my Mickey waffle shortly after this pic!

The potato rosti was an absolute delight, it tasted like the inside of a really buttery jacket potato - yum!

Oscar had pancakes and sausages (and my Mickey waffle, dont worry - I dont begrudge it at all, lol!)

We also picked up a side/snack of cookie dough which has gone in the fridge for later. Oscar was disappointed that he wasnt allowed to eat this for breakfast pudding.

Unread 14 Nov 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Just found you review, nice to see another dxDDP as we have it booked for April. I get tired of the too much food comments, I think it is about the wider food offerings not the food quantity. Will be reading along.
Claudette is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NY & Disney 2020
Unread 14 Nov 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
scouse_minx
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just got caught up! Lovely to read a DxDDP report - I have it on my next trip.

Love reading along - debating doing a DxDDP report myself but not sure Ill keep up!
scouse_minx is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Nov 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
Imagineer

Just found this report and caught up, thanks for sharing your meals with us, they look great.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
My Magic Holiday