Old 5 Nov 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
worst of all, a used condom on the bed. The boys could have stood on the cockroach and could very easily have touched the condom if they dropped their bouncy ball down the side of the bed.
Poor little Johnny...left there on the bed
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Loretta
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
My son lives in Houston, a simi8lar climate, and although he has a spotless home and an excellent housekeeper, he has had cochroaches. Everyone has them in the south. When my grandson was a toddler he would often refer to any bug as a cochroach (he has since learned not to).

I live in the Northeast and not nearly as good a housekeeper as my son and have never had a cochroach even though I do home visits in low income communities as part of my job.

You go to Florida, expect to see roaches (or palmetto bugs same thing, nicer name)
We lived on a Coast Guard base on Governors Island, New York for four years and got sprayed for roaches every three months. Our temporary housing had three cans of roach spray for our use. Luckily we weren’t there long enough to need it.
Loretta is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
flump3k
VIP Dibber

This family were on the eat well for less program a few months back. It seems to me they want their 5 minutes of fame 🙄
flump3k is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

I mean, ewwww but really take to the tabloids? No need, get a clean room insist they check it before you take your children there and, take your free fast passes for your inconvenience! They obviously know how to work the system and it’s people like them who feed the tabloids!

Yes I would be grossed out but you deal with it with the hotel, take your compensation and get on with your holiday! Once it’s fully dealt with you leave a suitable review on trip advisor suggesting to check room cleanliness and move on with your life!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Potterer
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Leggibone View Post
Yes I would be grossed out but you deal with it with the hotel, take your compensation and get on with your holiday! Once it’s fully dealt with you leave a suitable review on trip advisor suggesting to check room cleanliness and move on with your life!
Completely agree. Headline reads "once in a lifetime" yet Disney claim "This family has received compensation from us numerous times over the past five years, and they continue to return" I know who I believe.

I know a woman from the school playground who took her children to Disney World so she could tick it off a list. She had no desire to go she wanted to say of course I have spent a huge amount of money on my children, spoiling them with Disney World.

She hated it, complained about waiting in restaurants because she failed to book any and yes she knew about ADR, she went in August and complained about the weather, the queues, everything. Yet returned the next year! She is another complainer, every restaurant, every meal, it is tedious. Nothing is ever good enough. I stopped going to group meals with her.
August 2019 CBBR & RPR Club level Post GCSE treat
Potterer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by flump3k View Post
This family were on the eat well for less program a few months back. It seems to me they want their 5 minutes of fame 🙄
Were they also on Eat Well for Less?

I know they were on the Christmas special version of Shop Well For Less last year. They had previously spent £15,000 on Christmas decorations. Funnily enough, they wanted to save money so that they could go on a trip to Disneyworld.

Originally Posted by Potterer View Post
She hated it, complained about waiting in restaurants because she failed to book any and yes she knew about ADR, she went in August and complained about the weather, the queues, everything. Yet returned the next year! She is another complainer, every restaurant, every meal, it is tedious. Nothing is ever good enough. .
Sounds like some people on the DIBB.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:16 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Oh yes, I'd forgotten they were on Shop Well for Less - I remember watching that one specifically because they wanted to go to Disney World with the savings! I hadn't cottoned on to the fact that it was the same couple.

Whingers. I am just cross that Disney stuck them in the GF to shut them up, jealous much!
Old 7 Nov 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Poor little Johnny...left there on the bed
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Brighton Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Although they might be pulling a fast one, I've got to be honest we've just returned from CBR and were very disappointed. Room very dated, paint peeling of the bathroom walls, mousekeeping was very very basic to inept, dusty and the straight guard hanging off the interconnecting door. We certainly wouldn't return there, we were in Jamaica.
August/September 14 - Compass Bay
August/September 16 - Compass Bay
Brighton Mouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
It reads as though they go every year and complain. Not sure how they are that unlucky everytime.
We have had maintenance issues twice this year and have complained about housekeeping at the Grand Floridian twice (once when the travel cot and sheet were covered in sick). I don't look for problems at all but they seem to keep finding us :/.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List