Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 8 Nov 19, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
I spoke to them a few times n they said as long as the missing night is filled(by UK Disney direct) then I shud get free dinning all the way. Just hope avail shows up n they honour their words. This holidays is def more stressful than when we went 5 yrs ago. Think I need a holiday after this holiday to de-stress. Lol
I’m with you there. Disney are destroying their product by making it HARD and excessively expensive to book a holiday with them. It sounds like they are testing how much people are willing to pay at the moment.

It’s putting me right off, personally. The whole point with Disney was the trust ... yes, it cost a little more than other holidays but you were guaranteed to be looked after. Now it’s a greedy money-making machine which has lost its heart and soul.
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by AnnieB View Post
I’m with you there. Disney are destroying their product by making it HARD and excessively expensive to book a holiday with them. It sounds like they are testing how much people are willing to pay at the moment.

It’s putting me right off, personally. The whole point with Disney was the trust ... yes, it cost a little more than other holidays but you were guaranteed to be looked after. Now it’s a greedy money-making machine which has lost its heart and soul.
It’s kinda frustrated and sad coz when we went few years ago, it was magical from the moment we start to plan, booking process was a breeze. From start to finish was just magical.
Now with the money we save up doesn’t seem to catch up to the price increase every year. Then not able to book due to not enough availability. I’ve been stalking the website everyday from April n still not able to get what I want n I’m still stalking the site everyday now.
Have emailed, Twitter, call, from April. Got to the point my partner is sick listening to me n see me stress over n nearly had to call the whole thing off.

😔😫😭
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by AnnieB View Post

Disagree with most of that.

The false expectation of getting 'free' dining has skewed what people are booking. The offers for the UK far outweigh what the US buyers get, thus there is a limited supply.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I would call again. Normally if you are extending your trip you keep all the original conditions of your booking including price.
I'm pretty sure that is not right. We've added on extra days many times and you have to pay that days price. You keep the conditions of the booking i.e Free Dining and Giftcard, but the price isn't included in that. We asked if we could add another day to our OKW trip next September and while we can, it's double per night what we paid when we booked. We also had a stay booked at CBR one year also in Free Dining and when it came down £300 we phoned and asked for it to be changed to that days price, which they did minus the amendment fee. This is why they have the clause that if you make any changes to your holiday it is free, unless the value of the holiday is less than your original booking, in which case you pay the fee.

Edited to clarify; if you add an extra day to an existing booking, you'll pay that days price for the additional night. The original nights will stay at the booked price.

Edited at 07:43 PM.
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
Edited to clarify; if you add an extra day to an existing booking, you'll pay that days price for the additional night. The original nights will stay at the booked price.
Thank u for clarifying that. I’m totally ok to pay the ‘new’ price for that one extra night. As I only need one more night. I’m still surprise how price went up by £167 a night.
Old 8 Nov 19, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by KRBarnard View Post
I'm pretty sure that is not right. We've added on extra days many times and you have to pay that days price. You keep the conditions of the booking i.e Free Dining and Giftcard, but the price isn't included in that. We asked if we could add another day to our OKW trip next September and while we can, it's double per night what we paid when we booked. We also had a stay booked at CBR one year also in Free Dining and when it came down £300 we phoned and asked for it to be changed to that days price, which they did minus the amendment fee. This is why they have the clause that if you make any changes to your holiday it is free, unless the value of the holiday is less than your original booking, in which case you pay the fee.

No, that’s not true. I’ve changed a booking many times with Disney and have always kept the original terms, including the price. I changed a booking to OKW last year after free dining was finished and got the discounted price on OKW, not the price it was when I called to make the change. Disney’s own terms say that you keep the original conditions of the booking. It works both ways though as I changed to CSR thinking I’d get the price that was on the website but it was actually slightly more as it had been higher during free dining. I’m not aware of anyone who has changed a booking and had to pay the current price. Nor am I aware of Disney prices changing during free dining and you being able to change the booking to get the reduced rate. Not unless it’s a room category change.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Thank u for clarifying that. I’m totally ok to pay the ‘new’ price for that one extra night. As I only need one more night. I’m still surprise how price went up by £167 a night.
As I said earlier, OKW and SSR are discounted during free dining. The offer is now over so they’re back to full price.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Just to clarify

Trip Report Index
Old 8 Nov 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
As I said earlier, OKW and SSR are discounted during free dining. The offer is now over so they’re back to full price.
Thank u. I wasn’t aware OKW and SSR were discounted during free dinning period this year . It make kinda make sense ! Thank u for the information. When we booked 5 years ago it was 40% off during free dinning but it was advertised. I was kinda gutted when I book this year there wasn’t any discount.
Old 8 Nov 19, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Thank u. I wasn’t aware OKW and SSR were discounted during free dinning period this year . It make kinda make sense ! Thank u for the information. When we booked 5 years ago it was 40% off during free dinning but it was advertised. I was kinda gutted when I book this year there wasn’t any discount.
There’s still a discount but each year it’s been less and less. The days of 40% are long gone .

Trip Report Index