Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 9 Nov 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
austrianscot
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
Tempted to book with travel republic - has anyone used them before do you pay a deposit? Will they send your tix as soon as the full amount is paid so I can link to mde?

Thank you
Yep, me also. Tempted to jump in. Is it actual tickets or a voucher to exchange when you get there.

How does that even work with fast pass etc?
austrianscot is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by col1968 View Post
had a look at travel republic and 2020 dates not coming up?
Go on ticket duration and select the 14 for 7 ticket 2020.
Old 10 Nov 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
dwabo
Gone all Goofy

Based on a quick Google search I think they are real tickets
dwabo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dwabo View Post
Based on a quick Google search I think they are real tickets
When I phoned them before they said that they were the plastic credit card size ticket which has the panel on the back that you scratch off to link the number to your MDE account to book fastpasses. Having said that, they also gave me wrong information about not being able to pay a deposit when you can, so whoever buys from them I would double check when they phone them.

Maybe someone who has already bought tickets from them could confirm.
Old 10 Nov 19, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Icey
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Does anyone know how much the deposit it with travel republic? Pain in the butt having to phone instead of just doing it online
Icey is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

I spoke to attraction tickets direct who said they couldn't match travel republics price as they weren't like for like as they dont send gate ready tickets. Dont know how true that is or if it helps anyone.

In the end I got virgin to price match the price as I had a package booked with them for my trip. Happy with the price I got as I had budgeted more so hopefully can get a good deal on universal tix next
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
I spoke to attraction tickets direct who said they couldn't match travel republics price as they weren't like for like as they dont send gate ready tickets. Dont know how true that is or if it helps anyone.
I just spoke to ATD and according to the agent that I spoke to she said that they will price match Travel Republic but they wouldn't give the free UK theme park tickets that they are giving with qualifying Orlando bookings.

Looking at their T & Cs there was no reason not to. As far as I know Travel Republic send the actual credit card size tickets for Disney and Universal [this is what a Travel Republic agent told me] and they are also an ABTA member.
Old 10 Nov 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
I just spoke to ATD and according to the agent that I spoke to she said that they will price match Travel Republic but they wouldn't give the free UK theme park tickets that they are giving with qualifying Orlando bookings.

Looking at their T & Cs there was no reason not to. As far as I know Travel Republic send the actual credit card size tickets for Disney and Universal [this is what a Travel Republic agent told me] and they are also an ABTA member.
That’s what I thought when I read there T&C’s that they should price match!

Slightly annoying that I was given the wrong information by ATD as I now have booked but assuming Virgin won’t be gate ready tickets but never mind!
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Flobikerida
I want to go now!

Mobile

Just been on with ATD Regarding the price match with travel republic and they have informed me that they now won’t price match as an email has been sent notifying them it’s a price error on TR’s side which will be addressed tomorrow. Who knows if this correct info or not just thought I’d share my conversation.
Flobikerida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
The Wards
Apprentice Imagineer

I've just booked travel republic for these tickets and received an email saying they are in the process of arranging but it has a booking reference. I'm assuming even if its a price error it will be honoured. Thoughts?