Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Nov 19, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cloud
Imagineer

cloud's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Apple I pad

So my 7 yr old trusty much loved ( addicted to) Apple iPad looks to be dying as it just won't charge no matter what cable I use. I only tend to play (and Dibb of course) shop f b etc it's also my link through face time with my grandchildren in the US
Can anyone advise me wich new iPad I should go for as its an expensive buy

Seattle December 2022
cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

If you're just after light internet and a few games then the cheapest iPad will do just fine. The old 9 inch model was £319 but you might find it cheaper now the 10 inch iPad has been released, should be £349. Might also be worth waiting until Black Friday.

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mobile

I need to change mine as it’s creaking and so slow
I did buy a new one two years ago but it got stolen, by my Wife!
I’m getting the circa £340 one from John Lewis as they do a 2 year warranty
The Grandkids can have my old one

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

All iPads sold in the EU have 2 year warranties to comply with the.EU law. One of the reasons they are cheaper in the US as those have 1 year.

If you can wait until the end of the.month they should be cheaper in the Black.Friday / Cyber Monday sales.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
cloud
Imagineer

cloud's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks guys right now it's decided to be kind and is charging? I have to really wham the charger in ? It's nearly 8 yrs old and Ime on it a lot so I suppose I'll get a new one, will check out Black Friday

Seattle December 2022
cloud is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Check the port isn't blocked with fluff that can build up over time and stop the connector being able to be fully pushed in easily.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
tylergeorgia
Apprentice Imagineer

Mine sometimes has a mind of it’s own
It flicks from one page to another, types on its own, it looks like it’s possessed 🤨
Old 6 Nov 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

The the charging port for fluff as someone suggested above -
If not, just the cheapest one in John Lewis will fit your bill easy! Not sure what the most recent model is but I believe they retail at £349,
Not sure whether they will go down in the Black Friday sale though.
But also check the refurbished section on the Apple website too!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
All iPads sold in the EU have 2 year warranties to comply with the.EU law. One of the reasons they are cheaper in the US as those have 1 year.

If you can wait until the end of the.month they should be cheaper in the Black.Friday / Cyber Monday sales.
Not true about the warranty part. All Apple products have a global one year warranty or 2 years if you take out Apple care.

I bought a watch over there and had 2 warranty issues with over the last 2 years and it was always fixed by the Apple store in the uk.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I have iPad Pro but it’s not worth the extra. I’d buy the 128gb version of the basic one apple/uk/shop/buy-ipad/ipad-10-2

But you may not need the extra memory and could possibly make do with the 32gb.

Apple have been lacking in innovation but their chip power development it phenomenal, both the iPads and iPhones now absolutely destroy the Android equivalents in processing power.

For example, one of the most power hungry things you can do is 4k60fps video editing. Many desktops struggle with it. This basic iPad? Absolutely no problem. There’s a great video editing package called LumaFusion where you can get professional results. And this is on an iPad starting at £350!

Edited at 11:16 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List