Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
QuickSilver
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Unread 7 Nov 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

 
Mexy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 12

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Our village is flooding

Ds just rang to say the houses in the village are under water .we are on a slight hill and about 1/4 mile away so we escape it but many will be facing the same senario that happened in 2007 . Very sad for them
__________________
LBV Spa resort October 2013
Bahama bay October/Nov 2015, 1 night Disney contemporary oct 2015, 1 night Loews rpr Nov 2015
Bahama bay October /Nov 2017, 1 night Disney contemporary oct 17 , 1 night AKL , 1 night GF
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yacht club, Bahama Bay , Poly :)
Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
Colette-S
VIP Dibber

 
Join Date: Jul 07
Location: Cheshire

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh no thats terrible Sam. I hope everyone is safe xx
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
He just hasnt met me yet!
Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
Megandllsmum
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 14

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Ds just rang to say the houses in the village are under water .we are on a slight hill and about 1/4 mile away so we escape it but many will be facing the same senario that happened in 2007 . Very sad for them
Sam its shocking , enjoy the weather where you are, if you can access it look on star website and Brinsworth community Facebook page, shocking here, my OH works other side of Meadowhall and they are putting flood procedures in place as Don is starting to burst its bank... but the Meadowhall switch on concert is still going on , you know how bad we had it in 2007 when we were at catcliffe at least since moving we are on top of a hill, theres an awful lot of sirens going off nearby, one lane was flooded at junction 34 of M1 earlier but they hadnt marked it overhead so cars were still ploughing through
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Need something to look forward
Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
EssexSue
Imagineer

 
EssexSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 09
Mobile

Oh no, hope everyone safe
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to Brightwater
Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
Mexy02
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber

 
Mexy02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 12

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Sam its shocking , enjoy the weather where you are, if you can access it look on star website and Brinsworth community Facebook page, shocking here, my OH works other side of Meadowhall and they are putting flood procedures in place as Don is starting to burst its bank... but the Meadowhall switch on concert is still going on , you know how bad we had it in 2007 when we were at catcliffe at least since moving we are on top of a hill, theres an awful lot of sirens going off nearby, one lane was flooded at junction 34 of M1 earlier but they hadnt marked it overhead so cars were still ploughing through
Its terrible , and they want to put 400 houses on it . The flood defences In the village have failed although they are assured never again . The village is now shut . Just seen Meadowhall , sad day
__________________
LBV Spa resort October 2013
Bahama bay October/Nov 2015, 1 night Disney contemporary oct 2015, 1 night Loews rpr Nov 2015
Bahama bay October /Nov 2017, 1 night Disney contemporary oct 17 , 1 night AKL , 1 night GF
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yacht club, Bahama Bay , Poly :)
Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
olgaandcoda
Imagineer
 
olgaandcoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 07

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Keep safe everyone, flooding causes so much long term damage.
__________________
olgaandcoda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 19, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
Megandllsmum
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 14

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Its terrible , and they want to put 400 houses on it . The flood defences In the village have failed although they are assured never again . The village is now shut . Just seen Meadowhall , sad day
Meadowhall some shops are sending staff home, the environment have a severe flood warning in place for meadowhall and carbrook yet they still haven't cancelled the concert... Surely people won't go anyway but if they don't cancel I suppose they don't have to refund? Whiston village looks a right mess feel so sorry for those families in the houses. Loads of places in Sheffield really bad too and Chesterfield, anyway have you got sunshine... Bottle a bit up for me and bring it back with ya xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Need something to look forward
Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Nov 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
BarryandCaron
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 03

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

The roads are flooded from the fields near us.
BarryandCaron is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump

Kenwood Travel

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

theDIBB Menu

FairFX

US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2899
Covent Garden FX  $1.2941
FAIRFX  $1.2885
John Lewis  $1.2943
M&S  $1.2670
Post Office  $1.2683
Sainsburys  $1.2896
TESCO  $1.2908
Travelex  $1.2827
Updated: 22:30 10/12/2019

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,130
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,085
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1647
Covent Garden FX  €1.1665
FAIRFX  €1.1620
John Lewis  €1.1691
M&S  €1.1470
Post Office  €1.1454
Sainsburys  €1.1653
TESCO  €1.1665
Travelex  €1.1600
Updated: 22:30 10/12/2019

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Tue 10th Dec 5:44pm
Now: 26C/79F
Clear Sky
Clear Sky
Cloud Cover: 1%
Wind: 3mph - SSE Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1018mb
Humidity: 69%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 22:40 10/12/2019