Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 8 Nov 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
#21
Megandllsmum
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 14

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Must be a nightmare to clean up after, a burst pipe is bad enough let alone something like this.. really feel for everyone involved
I said last time it happened how cruel mother nature was sometimes, that happened over a good few days of consistent raining, this time if was 24 hours of hea u rain but ground was already saturated and that's not helped. Although we are grateful this time we arnt flooded we are sorry for those that are.
Megandllsmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
#22
Mexy02
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Oct 12

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So sad seeing my friends updates on Facebook canít believe retail works copped it again. They need to invest serious money this time instead of fobbing us off 😡 who cares we are up north as usual 😡
__________________
LBV Spa resort October 2013
Bahama bay October/Nov 2015, 1 night Disney contemporary oct 2015, 1 night Loews rpr Nov 2015
Bahama bay October /Nov 2017, 1 night Disney contemporary oct 17 , 1 night AKL , 1 night GF
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , 1 night poly
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
#23
Megandllsmum
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 14

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
So sad seeing my friends updates on Facebook canít believe retail works copped it again. They need to invest serious money this time instead of fobbing us off 😡 who cares we are up north as usual 😡
Horrible pics arnt there Sam, I've seen some awful flooding inside houses at Whiston. Xx
Megandllsmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
#24
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer
 
DisneyDaffodil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15
Location: South Wales
Mobile

Sam, thatís terrible news, Iím so pleased your house isnít actually affected but it must be devastating for the area and for your friends and neighbours and for others in this position around the country.

We have a river running alongside our home, which can get quite high and is scary, but thankfully hasnít ever caused flooding. We love where we live and, as especially as DH has lived there all his life, we feel safe enough and wouldnít consider moving but it does make us realise how dangerous high waters can be.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
#25
windsor_hills
Apprentice Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 11
Large parts of my town have flooded, including pretty much a whole village a few miles from me. Itís absolutely heartbreaking for those directly affected. The army are now here, and we are all watching the forecast for tomorrow carefully.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
#26
Megandllsmum
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 14

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by windsor_hills View Post
Large parts of my town have flooded, including pretty much a whole village a few miles from me. Itís absolutely heartbreaking for those directly affected. The army are now here, and we are all watching the forecast for tomorrow carefully.
Hopefully the rain wonít be as bad tomorrow 🤞, itís all dry as far as Iím aware now in Rotherham, thereís only a handful of shops at parkgate still not open. Catcliffe flash and Treeton nearest to me all routes are open now but itís a right mess and boggy.Our local community centre is doing a collection of hints for people affected, we went to Poundland today and bought two big bags full of cleaning materials , bin bags , cleaning cloths etc etc , in 2007 when we flooded we received care packages from villagers in Boscastle who had been flooded years before, people who had been through similar heartbreaking situations.
Fingers crossed again the rain tomorrow is nowhere near as bad as last weeks x
Megandllsmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
#27
vampiress88
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 18
Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Hopefully the rain wonít be as bad tomorrow 🤞, itís all dry as far as Iím aware now in Rotherham, thereís only a handful of shops at parkgate still not open. Catcliffe flash and Treeton nearest to me all routes are open now but itís a right mess and boggy.Our local community centre is doing a collection of hints for people affected, we went to Poundland today and bought two big bags full of cleaning materials , bin bags , cleaning cloths etc etc , in 2007 when we flooded we received care packages from villagers in Boscastle who had been flooded years before, people who had been through similar heartbreaking situations.
Fingers crossed again the rain tomorrow is nowhere near as bad as last weeks x
Oh god is it forecast to be bad again? I havenít even looked.
Darent go to Parkgate yet in case I get stuck. Luckily our new house or old houses werenít anywhere near any flood but trying to get Home from donny to Worksop all the back routes it was terrible. Iím sticking to the motorways in hopes they never flood.

Feel sorry for the storyteller.

I could have sworn they had ďdone somethingĒ about the river to prevent this.

And didnít the swans get caught up in all it too ? Covered in oil or something
vampiress88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
#28
nasty
Imagineer
 
nasty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 09
We are on red alert today here in Doncaster as the heavy rain is due to start around about 9/10am this morning.
The rumours going around are that Fishlakeís flood waters were deliberately directed that way to avoid another 2007 repeat of the flooding in Tollbar in Doncaster. As Fishlake and itís surrounding area has not flooded in over 100 years and remembering what was said about the diversion of the flood water in 2007 away from other areas, at that time occupied by high up officials of Doncaster Council, Iím inclined to believe thereís a element of truth in these rumours, of course Doncaster Council and the Environment Agency wonít be taking any responsibility.
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
#29
lorrie36
Imagineer
 
lorrie36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 09
I hope you all get sorted and are looked after and not forgotten about by those in charge.
Up here in Cumbria we have had it awful in past years, so totally get how you are feeling.
I am at a loss that they still allow building on flood plains. 😔
__________________
Find a positive in every day,that way you'll always have a reason to smile

lorrie36 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
#30
Megandllsmum
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 14

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
Oh god is it forecast to be bad again? I havenít even looked.
Darent go to Parkgate yet in case I get stuck. Luckily our new house or old houses werenít anywhere near any flood but trying to get Home from donny to Worksop all the back routes it was terrible. Iím sticking to the motorways in hopes they never flood.

Feel sorry for the storyteller.

I could have sworn they had ďdone somethingĒ about the river to prevent this.

And didnít the swans get caught up in all it too ? Covered in oil or something
It's raining now but nothing like this time last week but whether it gets worse or not I'm not sure, fingers crossed it doesn't for all those affected. I think most of Parkgate is open this morning now, we were up that way Tuesday evening for daughters swimming and everything was moving okay, the road leading to Parkgate wasn't cordoned off and cars were going along the road, I think a lot of the swans at back of home flair which flooded near Parkgate were displaced, we saw swans and ducks in our local park at weekend, we are quite near to cat liffe flash which flooded badly so I suppose a lot were moving about. A lot of money was spent on the defenses on the Don in Sheffield and it pretty much worked, there was a lot of flooding but not as much but it clearly impacted most on Doncaster further down the water course. I bet those poor souls are looking up to the skies today and praying it gets no worse xx
Megandllsmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Airlines
On 3rd August 9:48am
The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has conducted a review into airline refund practices during the... Read More »
Posted in Disneyland Paris
On 1st August 1:13pm
With the new Ratatouille ride coming to EPCOT at Walt Disney World, Disney has released... Read More »
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 30th July 9:26am
Disney has not only been welcoming guests back to their theme parks, they have also... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2800
CaxtonFX  $1.2732
Covent Garden FX  $1.2857
FAIRFX  $1.2750
John Lewis  $1.2833
M&S  $1.2610
Post Office  $1.2593
Sainsburys  $1.2758
TESCO  $1.2774
Travelex  $1.2733
Updated: 09:30 10/08/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0857
CaxtonFX  €1.0818
Covent Garden FX  €1.0924
FAIRFX  €1.0840
John Lewis  €1.0891
M&S  €1.0691
Post Office  €1.0673
Sainsburys  €1.0831
TESCO  €1.0846
Travelex  €1.0800
Updated: 09:30 10/08/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now