Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 8 Nov 19, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I've got my OH and my daughter at home cramping my style, he can't get to work, daughters school is shut, there is one route now open out of our village but it's not authorised for use cos it's just a bus route and bridge isn't to be used for lots of traffic... That's my route into work later, I'm not prepared to walk so if I can't go down there I won't be going, all other routes are flooded ill try and add pics but they are off facebook so not sure how lol. The shopping mall flooded outside but not inside and is now open as normal for shoppers 🙄

This is all the routes out of our parish.

This is around corner from where we used to live that flooded in 2007, we moved up the hill first opportunity we got, they put in flood defences that said would work in future... Yep that worked 🤬

This is just round corner from where we used to live and the nature reserve is now on road which ducks are enjoying but doubt the policeman in that car is 😳,
Good news though the rains stopped but it carried on until we'll into the early hours

Edited at 12:20 PM.
Megandllsmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Need something to look forward
Unread 8 Nov 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

It's awful we were flooded in2007 and spent 6 months living in a caravan on the drive while the house was completely gutted downstairs, the stress is horrendous, we had people saying " you're lucky you are getting everything new " but having to try and choose stuff that is out of stock , flooring paint kitchens fireplaces furniture... all at once along with thousands of others, can't get a builder etc etc I hope I never have to go through it again
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
It's awful we were flooded in2007 and spent 6 months living in a caravan on the drive while the house was completely gutted downstairs, the stress is horrendous, we had people saying " you're lucky you are getting everything new " but having to try and choose stuff that is out of stock , flooring paint kitchens fireplaces furniture... all at once along with thousands of others, can't get a builder etc etc I hope I never have to go through it again
Our old house that flooded in 2007 was my partners then and day after it flooded he was exchanging contracts on it and we were going to get a house together obviously they pulled out of sale, and he was out of house over a year but I still had my house so he moved in with me. Eventually when we could sell we moved to top of a hill but when this happened in 2007 they said it wouldn't happen again, so it has and we can move around at top of this hill but can't get out the parish to get to work or anywhere other side of here. Hopefully now it's dry things will improve over the hours, some houses are a right mess in the dip
Megandllsmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 8 Nov 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jdndt View Post
That's awful. Happened to my sisters' in laws - the damage was beyond what I would have imagined.
Must be a nightmare to clean up after, a burst pipe is bad enough let alone something like this.. really feel for everyone involved
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Nov 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by coggie View Post
Must be a nightmare to clean up after, a burst pipe is bad enough let alone something like this.. really feel for everyone involved
I said last time it happened how cruel mother nature was sometimes, that happened over a good few days of consistent raining, this time if was 24 hours of hea u rain but ground was already saturated and that's not helped. Although we are grateful this time we arnt flooded we are sorry for those that are.
Unread 8 Nov 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So sad seeing my friends updates on Facebook cant believe retail works copped it again. They need to invest serious money this time instead of fobbing us off 😡 who cares we are up north as usual 😡
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Yacht club, Bahama Bay , Poly :)
Unread 8 Nov 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
So sad seeing my friends updates on Facebook cant believe retail works copped it again. They need to invest serious money this time instead of fobbing us off 😡 who cares we are up north as usual 😡
Horrible pics arnt there Sam, I've seen some awful flooding inside houses at Whiston. Xx
Unread 8 Nov 19, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Sam, thats terrible news, Im so pleased your house isnt actually affected but it must be devastating for the area and for your friends and neighbours and for others in this position around the country.

We have a river running alongside our home, which can get quite high and is scary, but thankfully hasnt ever caused flooding. We love where we live and, as especially as DH has lived there all his life, we feel safe enough and wouldnt consider moving but it does make us realise how dangerous high waters can be.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Where shall we go next?
US Rent A Car