Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Unread 12 Nov 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
What is her diet like? Too many processed foods, too much omega 6 and not enough omega 3 oils in her diet will cause this as well as hormones.
Omega 3 causes the oils in your skin to be more liquid so they don't clog up so easily but it's the ratio of 3 to 6 that matters not the total amount - this is why many people think fish oils don't work, because they are still eating masses of omega 6 in processed oils ( including those used to make cakes etc)
Her diet is not great to be honest. Eats very little fruit and veg. When she was younger she ate it all but as she got older not so much. She isnt a junk food eater, not a fan of sweets or chocolate but loves crisps and savoury snacks. I will persuade her to eat more fruit and veg, drink lots more water and maybe look into vitamins and see whats best for her. Thanks for your reply
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Floriday brings in..
Unread 12 Nov 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tink111 View Post
Try to avoid using make up to cover it up- If she is it can make it worse ! When my friends went through this a few went to the docotors and were subscribed something!
Thankfully she is not into make up just yet. If nothings works then I think I will arrange a doctors appointment and see what they say. Thanks for your reply
Doc88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Floriday brings in..
Unread 12 Nov 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I swear by this cream.

tesco/groceries/en-G...ucts/262366223

You can get it in lots of places.

Encouraging her to drink lots of water, that's probably your best bet. Avoid greasy stuff, but as you say above, she doesn't sound like she eats a lot of crap.

To be honest, it's just that age. Try and avoid covering with make up if possible. Skin needs to breathe.

Check out www.fabulousfloridavillas.com
Taking bookings up to 2020

You can't get much closer to Disney than our villas.
Two 4-bedroom villas, with private pools hot tub & spa, Harry Potter, Disney's Frozen, Star Wars & Despicable Me themed bedrooms, games rooms and much much more!
Your dream vacation is just a few clicks away...
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dreaming of a white (wine filled) Xmas!
Unread 12 Nov 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by excitedbunny79 View Post
My daughter is the same age and started getting spots like yours, I didn't want her to use harsh products that strip her skin, I remember from my younger days the more I used them the more my skin seemed to get irritated and it was a vicious circle. I took her to Lush and they recommended this uk.lush/products/cleanse...gels-bare-skin It's a miracle worker! Her skin is beautiful now, although her hormones are still raging! I also use it too and my difficult 40 year old skin has also never been better!
Thank you for this. I dont have a lush in my local town, I think the nearest one to me is about 1 hour away in the city. Can I order online with lush?
Our Floriday brings in..
Unread 12 Nov 19, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
Could've wrote exactly the same myself about my youngest, she's 11, hormones raging and just started secondary so for first time ever is more conscious, she has a very spotty forehead and the odd little spot around nose area but her forehead is annoying her, we've been using a medicated face wipe morning and night and every other day a scrub for spot prone skin and its really made a difference. I've been buying her freederm but boots also do a good tea tree and witch hazel medicated wipe. She's not spot free but her skin looks so much better already
Thats exactly my dds problem areas too. Her forehead is really bad and Sometimes it can look really sore and red. She said it can be very itchy sometimes but does not scratch incase it gets worse. Like your dd, she also gets really conscious about it, some of her friends have spots but nothing like my dds. Its such a tough age for them, she started her period back in August then starting secondary school in September so I think the stress of all that hasnt helped either.

Thanks for your reply
Our Floriday brings in..
Unread 12 Nov 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by claireyfairy8 View Post
I swear by this cream.

tesco/groceries/en-G...ucts/262366223

You can get it in lots of places.

Encouraging her to drink lots of water, that's probably your best bet. Avoid greasy stuff, but as you say above, she doesn't sound like she eats a lot of crap.

To be honest, it's just that age. Try and avoid covering with make up if possible. Skin needs to breathe.
Thanks for your reply. I think drinking more water will help too. Luckily she not in to make up at the moment. I will also look into your recommendation, thanks.
Our Floriday brings in..
Unread 12 Nov 19, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JoJim View Post
Im a big Dermalogica fan and use their products on myself, they also do a range called clear start which is aimed at teenagers.
My DD (12 next month) has been using it, its brilliant. They do a little starter kit-ideal for trying out the products.
Great, I will look into this. Thank you
Our Floriday brings in..
Unread 12 Nov 19, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Doc88
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by FloridaFairy View Post
Sudocrem... I know its not the most glamorous but it worked on a friends son... he used it at night and he has lovely skin...
Wow really.. I would never of thought of sudocrem. I was recommended germolene too. Thank you for your reply.
Our Floriday brings in..
Eat and Play Card